Ask The Devs 23!

182 replies to this topic

#41 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Will you have an in-game media such as holovids, so players can see how their battles impact the Mechwarrior Universe for every victory and defeat? As well as inform us on current events in the history of BattleTech?

Edited by Will9761, 02 November 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#42 Mechanix460xvr

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

I am a member of a robotics team at a small school and we recently got third place at our state competition. Another student and I have been long time fans of Mechwarrior and battletech in general and was wondering if it would be okay if we put either the Piranha Games logo or the Mechwarrior Online logo on our team shirts for our regional competition in Fort Smith Arkansas. I think it would be great advertisment for MWO since everyone participating in the compitition are gamers. If you would like to know more about our team you can check us out on facebook at https://www.facebook...utsRoboticsTeam. Thanks for creating an awesome game.

#43 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

I got a founders pack mostly with the intention of using my MC only on cosmetics. If I could I would trade my premium time for more MC because I like a challenging economy. The feel of earning your mechs and equipment and all that. So my questions are related to cosmetics.

1. How often and in what number can we expect camos to be released? Is it crazy to imagine there one day being a hundred different camos for each mech?

2. Will camos be permanent purchases and will they be for a single mech or across all mechs with that camo scheme?

3. The same as questions 2 but applied to colors for those camo schemes. And will we be able to change all colors in a camo or only one as mentioned will be possible with the pin strip on founders mechs?

4. Will we ever get a Paul bobblehead for our cockpits? And if so will the bobblehead being wearing a stylish Pink Thunder t-shirt?

#44 AggroBASH

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

What are the current plans for supporting various colorblind players?

#45 Berserker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Are you loving the balance that came with the new tech offset by the economics as much as some of us fans are?

Any thought given to doing matchmaking by C-Bill value in the future to deepen this connection?

Another win for you: I think this is the first Mechwarrior game where lights are not only completely viable but deadly when heavier mechs aren't supported. Feels like they are right in line with where the live tactically in tabletop. This is *without* the nod to economics but that just sweetens the deal.

#46 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Will DHS ever be the normal efficiency? Also why is it more expensive to switch over than FF and Endo steel combined on some mechs? I thought Endo and FF were more expensive in TT.

#47 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

1.) How will mechs that have less than 3 variants achieve the elite and master tier stats in the mech trees? For example, the Highlander currently has 1 variant announced, and there's many mechs that don't even have 3 canonical variants, regardless of time frame. How do they progress beyond basic?

2.) Is a fix being planned allowing people who crash during a game to reconnect? Of course, a fix for the crashes would be preferable, but being able to join back in would certainly be a help. I presume this is something being planned eventually, but any hint as to a time frame?

3.) You've stated that you do plan to combine the 'loadoat' and 'upgrade' sections of the mech lab together to at least some degree, so that players can mess around without having to purchase the changes each time they switch between the two. Can you give a time frame of when this might be changed?

Edited by Tvae, 29 October 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#48 syngyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Will ECM/Beagle be tied to hardpoints?

#49 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

When will the number of non-light 'Mechs with JJ increase to more than 1? Are they being limited intentionally?

#50 latdheretic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostDocta Pain, on 29 October 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

When will the number of non-light 'Mechs with JJ increase to more than 1? Are they being limited intentionally?

You mean like the Cataphract that will be released next, or the Trebuchet, or the Highlander? They are coming, but I suspect they did keep light on them at first on purpose to give them time to get the JJ mechanics worked out.

#51 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Question One: Can we hope to see the DRG-1G or DRG-5K "Grand Dragon" mechs as variants of the Dragon any time in the future?

Question Two: Is there any idea how long until we get fully functional cockpit displays? This is obviously a low priority addition, but it'd be rather cool!

#52 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

When do Trial-Mechs get a Weapon-Grouping?
Why not change the initial setup to a better weapon grouping like this:
Group 1 - Laser
Group 2 - Ballistic
Group 3 - Missiles

How have you celebrated the start of Open-Beta?
Probably with some weird canadian rites that nobody is allowed to know about?

#53 BlackDragon83

• PipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Are there any plans to implement a 360 degree compressed view at the top of the hud, as mentioned in much of the cannon BT fiction? Being able to see the Atlas I've just flanked in my Raven as I run past him would be useful :)

#54 Calmon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

When do we see "knock down" again? Its so much missed and please some more words than: "soon ™".

#55 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Why were the initial plans of giving players a choice of one mech from a pool of 4 (1 for each weight class) scrapped?

Could you go into detail on jump-jets and how you want them to work in their final version?

#56 thunXa

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

1. How many people where online at the start of open beta? (at once)

2. Did you except more to join it?

3. What are the plans for leaderboards and ranking systems?

#57 Squid von Torgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

We were informed that on the Oct 23rd Update we would be getting Forest Colony Alternate. Unless I am very unlucky it seems this map isnt in the rotation. Any news on when we can expect it?

#58 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

1.) Will there be a camo which is complete white (or similare to the last screenshot of the week) with a red cross-hair about the center torso? *eg* (the catapult should have it across it's cockpit... :) )

2.) There will be Clan tags but will they be available only for mercs units or also for units of the different factions?

3.) Will the complete dev team be up to dress as 'hula-boys or girls' :D and make a picture for the MWO community? ^^

(I know you first have to ask everyone and that it may take some time before you get an answer but I will wait for the answer and ask further :) )

4.) Are you going to implement a button for setting a mech back to it's basic settings as long as you have either enough CB or the fitting components?

#59 Sukrai

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Question: When are you implementing the Factions?

#60 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Can you make a "Demorecord" type tool available for our use? Something that will enable us to record a match and then play it back (and during playback, can pause, rotate and free fly around map, set up various camera points and so on) or even better, one that enables us to create our own scripts to record (hello MWO Machinima)? Games such as City of Heroes and Star Trek Online made such tools available. I am guessing there is such a tool because the Screenshots and videos PGI posts look to have been made via such a tool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users