Patch Notes For Oct 25+29 Updated

v1.0.134

101 replies to this topic

#41 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

It's a tired conversation but I'd love it if PGI could put this to bed one way or another with the stats on drop composition. I really cannot believe that eights are any kind of constant issue. And besides - we were five all last night and won 80%. Nothing will, or even should make this game any easier. The classics aren't the ones you master in moments.

I really can't understand why mobas - thought of generally as younger ADD twitch gamers - manage to foster a far more aggressive and resilient attitude to loss than a game that likely enjoys a far more mature audience. You're lucky to win a single game of most for your first week of play on hon or dota, then spend another month actually getting half competent.

What on earth makes so many people so vocally soft in MWO?

#42 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostEboli, on 29 October 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Well, for new players coming to MWO it is really going to be an eye opener for them.

I really wonder how many of those players will continue to play after being stomped for ..x.. games in a row.

This will be my first negative post against MWO but the developers have really got this wrong in this case. Keeping new players will be the life blood of the game's longevity. If this continues for too long I just wonder how finances are going to look a little while down the track.

PLEASE get matchmaking fixed ASAP. It is in everybody's interest.

Sincerely,
Eboli.

I don't know. When I join new games and get stomped it challenges me. When I know I have lots to learn and room for improvement I want to play even more. I expect to get stomped when I am a newb. Learning, getting skilled at the game is the main drawl for me to games. So sure some pansieas who are what we used to call care bears will move on and I hope they find candy land. I for one want MWO to be brutal. It is called Mech WARRIOR after all.

#43 victorvndoom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationHalle, Europe, Belgium

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

had a blue screen when i first entered the open beta :)

#44 costi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

There's a difference between losing because of lack of skill or knowledge of metagame (ie. things which you can improve on) and losing because the opposing team uses third-party tools that are not available to you and you were matched with a random group of newbies in trial mechs again an organized group running pimped-out Founder Mechs and talking on TS (ie. outside circumstances and being matched out of your league where your skill hardly matters).

#45 Archtype

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

I am going to go ahead and ask the devs to remove the lies from this post. I am sorry but it is offensive to me that after 4-5 days with dhs "bug's" there has not been a position expressed that is clear on this issue.

DHS does not provide double heat management even when you are adding additional heat sinks outside of the engine built-ins.

Can we have some clarity on how dhs will function, and if not that then at least present a unified front to the community on this issue. Yes "lies" is strong, its meant to be.

Edited by Archtype, 30 October 2012 - 03:06 AM.

#46 Xendojo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

View Postfxrsniper, on 29 October 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Yeh no it did we could not drop with more than 4 people last Thursday for a while and that is confirmed thanks. Lmao @ your comment you havent played against HHoD then

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 29 October 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

In HHoD we was running in 6-7 man groups so puggers can join us to (possibly) win.

'Nuff said i think. Lets hope MM phase 1 gets implemented today.

#47 Kaixers

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

View Postcosti, on 30 October 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

There's a difference between losing because of lack of skill or knowledge of metagame (ie. things which you can improve on) and losing because the opposing team uses third-party tools that are not available to you and you were matched with a random group of newbies in trial mechs again an organized group running pimped-out Founder Mechs and talking on TS (ie. outside circumstances and being matched out of your league where your skill hardly matters).

Exactly what I felt. The match making should have some filter system for grouping the player play time and mech level. Founders player should not match against some 2 hour playtime newb. Case in point, I dare you to try deal with Atlas using any trial mech even 2 trial on 1 atlas. Worst case ever happened to me, opposing team had 4 Atlas (literally walking castle) against rogue trial mech team. Match result, opposing team all get XP while none of my team get any XP (proven that all of them a trial mech).

Some people might enjoy the challenge, but I think for casual player its a turn off. Especially when they start thinking "Impossible to catch up the money spender"

#48 TheRuslan

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Best group of 8 must be : 2 assult, 2 light and 4 random. There were many times, when group didn't have any assult mechs. How we suppose to attack enemy, if we dont have any TANKs?

Lets wait and see what they come up with ;)

#49 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

We came across that DHB group last night, but since we were a 6 strong BCMC group + 2 pugs, it is not as if it was grossly unfair. I think we managed 3-4 kills in the loss, but it was a good game.

Only complaint I have, is that in general chat you were asked if it was indeed a DHB group, and there was no response of any kind. Pretty poor, in my opinion.

#50 Dominatrix420

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLounging in my Dungeon Lair.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Why was the players online ticker removed?
Why can I not get to my Forums profile page to edit it?

#51 Kurune

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Sorry, I just want to make sure that IF someone bought the founder package will get to choose when I start the Premium Time?
Is that correct?

#52 Dominatrix420

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostKurune, on 30 October 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Sorry, I just want to make sure that IF someone bought the founder package will get to choose when I start the Premium Time?
Is that correct?

Yes, on Nov.6 you get a button that will start your Premium time over when you want it to. The premium time your getting now is free.

#53 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

We probably need to get terminology straight. When you say a new mech I think a new mech like the Stalker. PGI seems to consider a variant as a new mech, and well it just isn't a new mech.

#54 Dominatrix420

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostHaroldwolf, on 30 October 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

We probably need to get terminology straight. When you say a new mech I think a new mech like the Stalker. PGI seems to consider a variant as a new mech, and well it just isn't a new mech.

I think they are referring to the Cicada, which was introduced last week. I also don't consider Variants as new mechs.

#55 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostXendojo, on 29 October 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Yea i kinda figured this was the case, after seeing several 8 man ninja caps. And large groups(6-8) focusing mechs down.
I'm really disappointed this is going on. This will wreck MANY first impressions. Was hoping some of the pugstomper boys would self moderate for the better of the game. Guess that was too much to ask though.

No, it won't the only ones that complain don't know how to play.

I have been taking my Commando into PUG and pre-made matches (Usually less than 3-6 of us and the rest filled with PUGs). and on average I get 1-2 kills, and 3 assists.

I honestly can't tell 100% if I was against pre-mades or not, unless I see some sort of organization.. but even then I use whatever tactics they may have against them and let the other Pugs know where to direct themselves. Thats the job of a scout after all.

I am under the full belief they should NO implement the 4+4 for you whiners. Leran to play the game and work as a team, you can do that even in PUG matches.. !! They should not ruin the game for teams and communities because noobs can't figure out how to play like a team.

Want to stop nija caps by whole teams.. get your scouts out there to scout.

Ask before launch if you have a scout or two and where they are going.. (Its the Y button.. for TEAM CHAT), because if your ninja capped by an Atlas your team deserved to lose. period. Becuase you didnt know use the most basic teamwork.

#56 fxrsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostXendojo, on 30 October 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

'Nuff said i think. Lets hope MM phase 1 gets implemented today.

Right that was after the 4-5 man drops which we had guys dropping connection. Lets hope not since it was already working last week

Edited by fxrsniper, 30 October 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#57 Omni Tek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm really hoping the matchmaking gets fixed, I've only been playing a week before tthe game went open beta and this constantly getting stomped by players who are obviously on a higher skill level is verry disheartening.

Edited by Omni Tek, 30 October 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#58 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostOutlaw, on 30 October 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Would it have been to hard to send out one last email today before the wipe saying hey, this is THE LAST WIPE! If that were the case I am sure myself and others wouldn't be as annoyed as we are right now.

I found out from a friend just after buying the YLW for testing purposes that this was the last reset. Had i known this was the last reset and had recieved the e-mail i would have been more conservative on how I used the MC that I did, but because they gave no final warning through the E-Mail im stuck with a mech that i had purchased only for testing for the rest of the games life. Im sorry but you cannot fault me for being irritated by the lack of a last warning the day of.

And i will say being stuck with a mech that would cost almost $20 US in your hangar that you will never use is borderline infuriating.

Please Dev team do one last reset with PROPER warning this time, AND SEND THE DAMN E-MAIL!

There were multiple emails saying just that.

#59 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostChuckie, on 30 October 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

No, it won't the only ones that complain don't know how to play.

I have been taking my Commando into PUG and pre-made matches (Usually less than 3-6 of us and the rest filled with PUGs). and on average I get 1-2 kills, and 3 assists.

I honestly can't tell 100% if I was against pre-mades or not, unless I see some sort of organization.. but even then I use whatever tactics they may have against them and let the other Pugs know where to direct themselves. Thats the job of a scout after all.

I am under the full belief they should NO implement the 4+4 for you whiners. Leran to play the game and work as a team, you can do that even in PUG matches.. !! They should not ruin the game for teams and communities because noobs can't figure out how to play like a team.

Want to stop nija caps by whole teams.. get your scouts out there to scout.

Ask before launch if you have a scout or two and where they are going.. (Its the Y button.. for TEAM CHAT), because if your ninja capped by an Atlas your team deserved to lose. period. Becuase you didnt know use the most basic teamwork.

you know what..normally i wouldnt even bother to answer you...as i dont answer to majestic posts like yours..but really...who do you think you are?! maybe PGI should hire you since you are so great...im not whinning..you know, i spent almost all CB waiting for a patch to optimize performance for lower end machines and when it finally came fps is still crappy..i dont mind i'll wait more...premades are a fact and a problem whether you like it or not...i dont mind i'll just wait for the next patch im confident it will be fixed.

how many new players do you think will wait like me!? whats more important your bragging or the success of MWO? "learn to play" really your highness!? have you ever tried trying to find a hill to hide behind so you press "y" and type to your team what the enemy is doing while 6-8 organized guys are marching your way!? .... and there isnt even a proper voip for pugs .. oh wait let me think in early CB people like me were shouting "MWO desperately needs voip" and people like you came along and said "oh, we dont need in game voip we have TS learn to play" ..

You want to talk about TEAMwork? let me remind you BF2/2142, you had a squad system, with squad voip, and every squad leader had a separate voip channel with the "commander" and then you had the comm -rose..and you could add friends right there ingame on the fly..and all that was YEARS ago with the technology of the time..now compare that with MWO and if you are having trouble comparing just replace the word "squad" with the word "lance".

so i suggest you go sit at your throne and sing about your greatness and leave us peasants hoping for the best...

cheers

Edited by VagGR, 30 October 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#60 C12AZyED

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Please remove that obnxious screen darkening which occurs when close to a glowing mech, I seriously can't see anything.

Generally speaking, graphics are worse and performance is worse. Ever since moving to this new Cryengine renderer the graphics have looked inferior with inferior effects and shaders.

Most notable is that the mech's look as though they are made from plastic instead of metal, and that the Awesome mech not longer has that shiny coat that it used to(which looked incredible). I'm very unhappy Piranha, the build's back in september looked and played better than this... :rolleyes:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users