#41 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postenerider, on 03 December 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

You may not need to go that far - just uninstall MW:O and then use something like CCleaner to get the pesky Registry entries ;)

As I said - I'll do some reading - but it sounds like you've already done the homework there.

Trying it out shouldn't need a reinstall (unless things go REALLY pear-shaped)

Do you REALLY think I would be considering formatting and reinstalling WIndows 7 if I had NOT done all that - several times - already? :P

And as far as not needing a reinstall, all I will say is this - When I screw up, I do NOT screw around...

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 03 December 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#42 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 03 December 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Do you REALLY think I would be considering formatting and reinstalling WIndows 7 if I had NOT done all that - several times - already? ;)

And as far as not needing a reinstall, all I will say is this - When I screw up, I do NOT screw around...

In that case - it sounds like you're onto it already LOL

I wish you luck in your reinstall!

#43 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

View Postenerider, on 03 December 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

My suggestions for now would be to ensure that you get the latest chipset drivers from Intel.

Generally I try to install the motherboard drivers first - following after the motherboard drivers with the graphics and everything else.

Which version of Windows are you running?

I had installed the motherboard drivers, graphics, and then checked for updated drivers at http://www.intel.com.../support/detect

It told me I had valid drivers, didn't provide newer ones for my chipset, and that's where I previously discovered an update for my GRAPHICS drivers. Since you brought up chipset drivers again, I now manually searched Intel's web site for my chipset's drivers, and found a slightly more recent version. The driver update detection failed me. Thanks!
Now to see if this helps with getting Virtu MVP running...

#44 Danai LiaoCentrella

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostRenegadeMaster, on 04 December 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

I had installed the motherboard drivers, graphics, and then checked for updated drivers at http://www.intel.com.../support/detect It told me I had valid drivers, didn't provide newer ones for my chipset, and that's where I previously discovered an update for my GRAPHICS drivers. Since you brought up chipset drivers again, I now manually searched Intel's web site for my chipset's drivers, and found a slightly more recent version. The driver update detection failed me. Thanks! Now to see if this helps with getting Virtu MVP running...

Have you tried installing virtu with your monitor plugged into the mboard instead of your gpu? That seems to help for me, though i could never figure out how to run in "D-mode". If i plug it into my 7850, lucid virtu will just stop functioning with an error that says "wrong configuration". And now i can't even get the game to run with lucid virtu on, :D

edit: figured out how, basically had to turn Hyperformance off (doesn't support), and ensure that the stupid game name was the same as the program name (as silly as it sounds, that did the job). Yes, i did try running without Hyperformance with my own game label on the "Friendly name" part, so much for friendly.

Edited by Danai LiaoCentrella, 04 December 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#45 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostDanai LiaoCentrella, on 04 December 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Have you tried installing virtu with your monitor plugged into the mboard instead of your gpu? That seems to help for me, though i could never figure out how to run in "D-mode". If i plug it into my 7850, lucid virtu will just stop functioning with an error that says "wrong configuration". And now i can't even get the game to run with lucid virtu on, :P

edit: figured out how, basically had to turn Hyperformance off (doesn't support), and ensure that the stupid game name was the same as the program name (as silly as it sounds, that did the job). Yes, i did try running without Hyperformance with my own game label on the "Friendly name" part, so much for friendly.

Yep - the launcher name and application name changed a few patches back - so I had to point it at the correct executable. I didn't think of it as a big issue as you had to add MW:O to the list of games anyway

Edited by enerider, 04 December 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#46 Danai LiaoCentrella

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Still can't get it to work plugged into my gpu anyway. I'm too lazy to move the pc the reach for the back anyway so I'm just going to leave it in I mode. Lots of people are saying virtu is more or less a gimmick. I can say it probably comes down to personal expectations. It certainly did fix massive frame drops I had in this game and d3.

#47 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Just to clarify:

Virtu = GPU / Onboard swap (kinda like Optimus)

Virtu MVP = GPU / Onboard swap and work together + Virtual VSync (framerate bump with VSync enabled in the game) + HyperFormance (decides which stuff doesn't need repeated and drops it)

It sounds like your motherboard BIOS is figuring out which card the monitor is plugged into and is disabling the onboard graphics if you plug into the Radeon (or there is a sneaky BIOS option that isn't swtiched on)

#48 Teh Rav3n

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Interesting, being that I'm currently building an AsRock Z77e-itx/3570k/R7950 TF3 under water. I'll give it a try & see what happens out of curiosity. I don't have any problem w/ running some benches for hard data either.

Although it may be a week or two before I can do so (bench), with all the mods I have to do to shoehorn this in a Prodigy. :)

Edited by Teh Rav3n, 05 December 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#49 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Sounds nice! I'm trying the newer version Virtu MVP which seems to be working well (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1539511 - seems a lot more refined now) - no issues using it so far (I'm still using D-Mode for the time being)

Edited by enerider, 20 December 2012 - 01:21 AM.

#50 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'm stuck on the old version for now. Downloaded the new one, but due to a windows rollback I had to do the other day, my registry got a little hosed and now I can't uninstall the old one with broken pathways :/

edit: have MVP version 2.1.220.24249, currently working, only reg is borked... suggestions?

Edited by Loc Nar, 20 December 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#51 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostLoc Nar, on 20 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm stuck on the old version for now. Downloaded the new one, but due to a windows rollback I had to do the other day, my registry got a little hosed and now I can't uninstall the old one with broken pathways :/

edit: have MVP version 2.1.220.24249, currently working, only reg is borked... suggestions?

Can't really suggest anything more than trying a little ccleaner attention - maybe uninstall/manually remove Virtu MVP and then use Ccleaner to get the odds and ends out of the registry.

Otherwise - I'm giving I-mode a fling tonight - will see how it goes :)

#52 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I-mode has been working well - only a few FPS drop overall (but that is expected).

So the new release seems to be working well ;)

#53 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Back to D mode and all is working well - it's fun to go full screen and see 249FPS in the menu ;)

#54 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

It has been a while - still no issues with using this that I've discovered at the moment.

Is anyone else still trying this out?

#55 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

View Postenerider, on 20 February 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

It has been a while - still no issues with using this that I've discovered at the moment.

Is anyone else still trying this out?

Win7, 16 gigs, i7-3630QM, with a 680M. I'm running MVP 2.0 Mobile and I'm only seeing 40-60 fps with quite a bit of tearing still. Have been playing with this for a few months decided to hit the forums to see if anyone else was using it.

I was hitting high fps on benchmarks, but not sure why I can't get anymore on MWO. Any tips or suggestions?

#56 enerider

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

I suspect you'll have to guide MVP to the MWOClient binary.

Does your version of MVP have Virtual VSync? Hyperformance?

#57 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Pardon me for blowning thought the tread, but I've gotten it working on a buddies Ivy Bridge machine, both options running. It promptly crashed when I added FRAPs to the mix.

Didn't put in the time to tell if there was an advantage to doing so, I'm afraid, but it does work …

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users