v1.0.142

194 replies to this topic

#181 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

So, while I'm still working on getting the repair tool set up to handle the corrupted pak files, I thought I should pass along my first finding - the difference between working and not is just one bit. Yep, not a byte, just a bit. There was a 7 where there should have been an F (in hex) within that particular file. So, in binary terms, there was a bit that should have been 0 but somehow got turned into a 1. What a world...

We're still snooping into this. In the meantime, if anyone already has a dropbox and wouldn't mind passing along their corrupted file (I already have a corrupted FrozenCity_ig.pak, so hopefully I can get a different file), then it would be much appreciated. I'm just interested in seeing if this is a constant thing, as well as finding some commonality about what's gotten corrupted and where. No need to go out of your way, though. If you don't already have a file sharing solution, then feel free to sit this one out (unless you're determined to help me out).

#182 Ghost Inc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 136 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostKramar, on 30 November 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

I'm really struggling to play at the moment with about every 3 match dropping to desktop and at least one file corrupted per night. I've taken to keeping a spare copy of the objects.pak on a different partition (same hdd) which saved a lot of time as far as downloading is concerned. Only, I log on just now and recieve the fread error. Check the files and find both the object.pak and the rivercity_ig.pak are corrupt. Whats even weirder is the spare copy has also been corrupted.

That to me points to something in my system that is going wrong. I'm starting to think I need to do a clean install of windows to see if that helps. Any idea's before I go through all that? I can confirm that defrag has not run at any point in the last week. I have no idea what else would corrupt a file on a hdd (other then a faulty hdd maybe) ;)

I experience the same things.

I will go to a friend and load his .pak files on my external harddrive. That should save a lot of re downloading. I would like to try to reinstall window, too. But that takes too much time at the moment.

View PostKrist Smith, on 30 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

So, while I'm still working on getting the repair tool set up to handle the corrupted pak files, I thought I should pass along my first finding - the difference between working and not is just one bit. Yep, not a byte, just a bit. There was a 7 where there should have been an F (in hex) within that particular file. So, in binary terms, there was a bit that should have been 0 but somehow got turned into a 1. What a world...

We're still snooping into this. In the meantime, if anyone already has a dropbox and wouldn't mind passing along their corrupted file (I already have a corrupted FrozenCity_ig.pak, so hopefully I can get a different file), then it would be much appreciated. I'm just interested in seeing if this is a constant thing, as well as finding some commonality about what's gotten corrupted and where. No need to go out of your way, though. If you don't already have a file sharing solution, then feel free to sit this one out (unless you're determined to help me out).

That sounds very good.

At the moment, I am uploading a corrupted bumpers.pak for you.

Edited by IncorporeaL GhosT, 03 December 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#183 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Many thanks, folks. I now have enough corrupted pak files to form a solid test base, and should (hopefully) have a repair tool available by the end of the week.

Incidentally, we have a new lead on the root cause of the corruption, although at this point we're still not completely certain. I had a bug report handed my way that showed corruption being found immeditately after a crash. This crash happened to be a particle problem, and, without getting too much into the code, I'll just say that it was accessing memory that it shouldn't have. Our particle guy is examining the crash and will hopefully have a fix soon.

I'll post again once I have more solid info.

And, again, thanks for all your help and patience.

#184 Korrin Storme

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

I am also having issues with getting kicked as soon as I hit the mech screen. I am using windows 7 64-bit, NET 4.5, my system is AMD FX-8150 8core 3.6ghz with 8mb cache, with Dual Radeon HD 7850 2gb HIS IceQ video cards in crossfire. My anti virus is Kapersky pure.
I am currently reinstalling with kapersky disabled. will repost when its done wether it worked or
not.

#185 Rixsaw

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Kristi, I have this issue as well. I'm pretty sure I know what is causing it.

I have an SSD drive. I have used SSD magician by Samsung which comes with the drive to increase performance.

It has some write cache functionality as most SSD drive's would.

The problem is that you are patching files which were recently read by the drive, and have been cached. Thus those files may be locked in some way by Windows 7 64 Bit to optimize the disk speed.

Your problem is not antivirus as I am not running any, but more likely related to SSD drives or some sort of write permisions on the user drive.

This same issue is likely the cause of the shaders folder problems. You can't just overwrite the disk files with new files. how about you have your patcher open the pak file and only replace the files inside the pak file that are needing to be updated. There are pak file sync / update programs out there free on the internet that will check the existing file and the new file and add the changes from one to the other.

Or in the least have the FRead error give a link for the user to where to find the pak file to download.

I downloaded the pak file you linked earlier in the thread and replaced my object.pak file and everything works great now.

#186 Ghost Inc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 136 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostRixsaw, on 06 December 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Or in the least have the FRead error give a link for the user to where to find the pak file to download.

I downloaded the pak file you linked earlier in the thread and replaced my object.pak file and everything works great now.

Hm, this may be a good lead.

But 2 problems remain.

1) You need to download the .pak files. That costs time and nerves.

2) The backup files can be corrupted as well.

#187 Legionn

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hope this gets fixed finally and damn soon. Had this error since closed beta and want to be able to play reliably, not this maybe you'll crash now or maybe you'll crash later crap.

#188 SmokyDaBear

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Having the same issue. Very irritating.

#189 Klaen

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hi all - I am struggling with the MD5 Hash fail error (unable to actually patch the game and play).

Do I understand correctly that you can essentially manually download / patch the game by using the links mentioned above and replace each file in your MechWarrior folder... Is this right?

My patcher logs keep returning a corrupted file message. Example:

12/12/2012 8:44:35 AM - main - Hash mismatch. Found 9450eba687b29811e6a7330f5b758089, expected ad9b3375ffb2361f7dc77cd254269294

#190 Siriothrax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Started experiencing this problem today.

Current test results from WinRAR:

! D:\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\ForestColony_ig.pak: CRC failed in Objects\environments\forest\forestcolony_shore_foliage\forestcolony_urban_debris_ddn.dds. The file is corrupt

However, I also got the issue when I was loading into River City, and those files tested OK. On a hunch, I updated the Object.pak file, despite there being no error, and the game started working again. I'll have to see if I load into forest colony fine. In the meantime, I copied the corrupted object.pak file and can send if needed.

Edited by Siriothrax, 11 December 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#191 Falcun

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

So I played a bunch of matches yesterday, no problem, login today and get the fread error. I skimmed through the thread in here and downloaded 7zip and checked my archive, no errors. I thought it was corrupt files that were causing this? Is my problem different?

#192 Ghost Inc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 136 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yesterday, I reset my system.
Could play a good number of games, Error is now there again. But I think the game has gotten a bit more stable!

View PostKlaen, on 11 December 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hi all - I am struggling with the MD5 Hash fail error (unable to actually patch the game and play).

Do I understand correctly that you can essentially manually download / patch the game by using the links mentioned above and replace each file in your MechWarrior folder... Is this right?

My patcher logs keep returning a corrupted file message. Example:

12/12/2012 8:44:35 AM - main - Hash mismatch. Found 9450eba687b29811e6a7330f5b758089, expected ad9b3375ffb2361f7dc77cd254269294

Hm, no, you can only exchange the damaged .pak files.
In case of MD5 Hash Mismatch: de-activate windows defender and wait. And wait. And wait.

#193 Dex Zytesin

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Any update on the MD5 Hash error when installing that is preventing the game from being installed? Still a good handful of people who want to play but can't.

:P

#194 Xenoid

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEastern U.S.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

After the most recent patch, I've been getting the 0 of 128 error repeatedly. Checked my files, none are corrupted. Had this issue back in CB, but went away after a patch back then. Now it's back with a vengeance. Can't play a game without getting booted off.

Any progress with that repair tool, Krist?

PC info:
Win XP
Nvidia GT 9800
4G Ram
120GB HD
CPU: AMD Athlon Dual Core 4400

#195 Captain Greene

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Also curious if there is any progress yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users