40 replies to this topic

#1 moerker

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Decided to give it another try now after many months since ClosedBeta. But damn, not much has changed! Still seeing the same old radar and overheat bugs, and the ECM, the light mechs still as stupid as they were. And some conquest you cant even re-cap the points after the enemy. Just wow.... PGI thought about hiring new programmers soon-ish? This game just aint playable unless you enjoy steamrolling pugs with few friends. Just lame.

#2 Booran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Don't play the game if it's not for you. Though you can re-cap points in conquest and the bugs and unbalanced stuff (most of which due to netcode) are being worked on, see roadmap threads for reference.

#3 moerker

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

I love these comments: "Don't play the game if it's not for you" well i love the mechwarrior, its just shame the GAME doesnt work as it should. Even after this long after Closed Beta.

"Being worked on..." god yes i'm sure, doesnt look like it thou! have you tried the game yourself?

Edited by moerker, 28 January 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#4 AustinNH

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

View Postmoerker, on 28 January 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

Decided to give it another try now after many months since ClosedBeta. But damn, not much has changed! Still seeing the same old radar and overheat bugs, and the ECM, the light mechs still as stupid as they were. And some conquest you cant even re-cap the points after the enemy. Just wow.... PGI thought about hiring new programmers soon-ish? This game just aint playable unless you enjoy steamrolling pugs with few friends. Just lame.

Dude I think you're all mixed up. You can re-cap after the enemy in conquest, it just takes longer than the first cap.

What's wrong with the "radar?"

And overheat bugs? Now what are you talking about? Are you talking about the whole TT heat values and firing rate thing?

The devs have acknowledged ECM OP and are testing changes.

What's wrong with lights? Now that the pingshield is significantly reduced, lights are exploding all over the place with just a bit of lazor. Most of the games I'm playing have very few lights in them.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I've been relatively bug-free for months (only one overheat-no-hud bug in the past month, powered down and it fixed itself) and I hear a lot fewer complaints from teammates about blackscreens, yellow screens, etc.

A LOT less trouble killing Lights since last patch.

If you keep expecting ECM to get a big fat nerf, you're going to be disappointed.

#6 Zekht

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

The overheat bug is when you overheat and get stuck without a HUD or get given gold vision. It usually fixes if you shut down a 2nd time but if it happens in mid fight (which is where you are when you usually overheat) you are basically ******. It's been around for ages, like most of the problems that haven't been fixed.

#7 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

View Postmoerker, on 28 January 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

I love these comments: "Don't play the game if it's not for you" well i love the mechwarrior, its just shame the GAME doesnt work as it should. Even after this long after Closed Beta.

"Being worked on..." god yes i'm sure, doesnt look like it thou! have you tried the game yourself?

What I mean (english not being first language) is that no-one is forcing you to play. I also love certain IPs, and I wince when I see them get mistreated. Though I don't think that is the case with this game, I'm having too much fun with it to think otherwise.
You decide for yourself if the game is good, if not then don't play.

Again, read the roadmap threads and various statements from the devs (latest Q&A is great also for an insight in where they are right now in development).

Yes, I have played this game.

#8 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Yup, this game is still fun even since Closed Beta. it still has a number of issues being addressed but in teh end it is a great time with a lot of potential.

I can't disagree, thanks for sharing.

#9 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

strange, but i'm having the exact opposite experience... there are of course bugs... but the last few patches have seen major improvements across the board... there are still plenty of issues to be addressed in due time.

if you are not enjoying the game in it's current state... take another hiatus and come back and try again after another few patches.

#10 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostZekht, on 28 January 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

The overheat bug is when you overheat and get stuck without a HUD or get given gold vision. It usually fixes if you shut down a 2nd time but if it happens in mid fight (which is where you are when you usually overheat) you are basically ******. It's been around for ages, like most of the problems that haven't been fixed.

and like most problems they seem to be completely overblown/hyped/harped about. I still get them occasionally, but they are fairly rare and really only a minor annoyance at the moment. I've also played 2-3 hours at a time several nights a week without ever seeing any problems. Recent patch was a much needed improvement dealing with lights.

OP: You have no idea what your talking about.

#11 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Basically he didn't like the game before and came back with his mind already made up about it, saw one bug and came here to complain.

Seriously this game has issues but the last patch saw massive improvements in general gameplay and latency. You should have seen it a month ago.

Edited by EyeOne, 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#12 moerker

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostAustinNH, on 28 January 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Dude I think you're all mixed up. You can re-cap after the enemy in conquest, it just takes longer than the first cap.

What's wrong with the "radar?"

And overheat bugs? Now what are you talking about? Are you talking about the whole TT heat values and firing rate thing?

2 games ago my team were not able to re-take the hostile points. The blink-slide-bar would not move to blue.

Radar bug, nothing shows up. everyone a blue blob in center of it, and pressing B its still same, blank map and no movement tracking.

The bug when you overheat and when you start up ur stuck in the overheat screen. without UI.

Edited by moerker, 28 January 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#13 b00zy

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

- I agree there are some bugs that need work
- ECM does need tweaking
- The lagshield on lights are been reduced as of last patch
- you can re-cap points I have no idea what you are talking about

so to summarize there are bugs in this beta and slight balancing issues yep completely unplayable better let the forums know my incredibly important opinion

Edited by b00zy, 28 January 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#14 Wraith05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Can't say I view that one as a bug, I view it more as a punishment for overheating badly, because it has only happened to me when I overheat by a lot, not just one or 2 points over,

#15 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

Basically he didn't like the game before and came back with his mind already made up about it, saw one bug and came here to complain.

Seriously this game has issues but the last patch saw massive improvements in general gameplay and latency. You should have seen it a month ago.

This...the netcode improvements alone tells me the OP already had his mind made up.

Edited by Penance, 28 January 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#16 moerker

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSweden

View PostEyeOne, on 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

I liked the game before, but left duo too many bugs. gave it some time and HOPED it gone for the better... so i came here to complain when it hasnt. Wich is very sad since its been half a year. Very sad when you still see same silly bugs as you did back then.

#17 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

I heard Call of Duty is bug free?

#18 Zekht

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

View PostBubba Wilkins, on 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

and like most problems they seem to be completely overblown/hyped/harped about. I still get them occasionally, but they are fairly rare and really only a minor annoyance at the moment. I've also played 2-3 hours at a time several nights a week without ever seeing any problems. Recent patch was a much needed improvement dealing with lights.

OP: You have no idea what your talking about.

Some things are overblown, some aren't. Gold vision and 4 FPS bug at the start of a match should have been fixed during closed beta, it's inexcusable that every time you start a match you roll the dice to find out whether you even get to play or not. If you aren't a complete loser and play with friends this is compounded because if one of them gets screwed over it ruins your game too.

By the way 2-3 hours a day isn't that much, you disgusting casual.

#19 HighlandCoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 772 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Sorry to hear that. Try a reinstall of the client, but if you are not enjoying yourself theres not much I can say to help that.

#20 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Yeah I have had this happen once so far. It is annoying, but hardly a deal killer for me. The most annoying thing about it was that it resulted in an unintentional team kill (I am new to the game and didn't know it was a bug...I thought that maybe sensors were damaged or something because I overheated). I tried to guess which one was an enemy and I guessed wrong. Whoops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users