Machine Guns and TAGs should have more range.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Azaadia

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

I feel the MGs are underpowered, so help give them a purpose if their range could become like 180m it would make them a valid option for small mechs. TAGs are way too heavy and their range is short as well. I feel that their range should be around 600m or their weight should only be 0.5 tons. Also TAGs should allowed to be placed in the Sensor slot because they are essentially a Target Acquisition tool.

#2 Telthalion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNevada, USA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Aye, a lot of people have been fishing for ways to make machine guns useful. The most common suggestions are to increase their rate of fire or to increase the damage they deal to the internals of an enemy 'mech.

(Also, note that weapons still deal some damage out to double their listed range - just not as much as they do within optimal range.)

I would disagree about changing the TAG's weight or range though. 1 ton and 450-meter range is what they have in the classic Battletech rules and, really, they're already a pretty dangerous piece of equipment if your team makes use of your targeting. Making them lighter or increasing the range would make them pretty ridiculous.

Giving us the option to stick a TAG in a sensor-type hardpoint instead of an energy hardpoint could be nice - at least worthy of consideration.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users