How Does one become a founder and gain xp

26 replies to this topic

#1 Jiyio

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

soo im playing im guessing my account is trial..i just started today..but i cant gain xp..is there something i have too do..to get in a clan, n be able to change my pic from the default outline of a person, and gain xp?

#2 Dan vuong

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Trial mechs don't gain xp, gain money from more matches to purchase a real mech which will gain xp

#3 Ashrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Don't quit matches when you die, you don't get XP for that. Founders program closed some time back, was a limited time offer.

#4 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

You don't. Buy MC, Buy a mech, Then you will get XP.

#5 Frosted

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 515 posts

Good question,You have to play enough to earn enough money to purchase a non trial mech. The cheapest is the commando at 1.7mils but I don't recommend it.

Edited by Frosted, 29 October 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#6 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

View PostJiyio, on 29 October 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

soo im playing im guessing my account is trial..i just started today..but i cant gain xp..is there something i have too do..to get in a clan, n be able to change my pic from the default outline of a person, and gain xp?

You will not gain XP in trial mechs. You will gain 25% c-bills every match that you use trial mechs. You can save up your C-bills to then buy your own mech which will earn 100% xp and 100% c-bills.

I think the website is boogered right now so you can't change your profile stuff right now I dont think.

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

You have to earn enough C-bills in the trial mechs to buy your own. Once you're in your own mech you earn exp.

Founders don't earn any more exp than you do. They just start with their own mech that earns them regular amounts of exp from the start. You can always purchase MC that will allow you to skip the initial grind and buy your own mech faster as well :P

#8 Weyoun

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 34 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

click your own name in this thread and you should be able to access your profile properly avatar etc but it is limited to set pictures for now

#9 Jiyio

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

View PostFrosted, on 29 October 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Good question,You have to play enough to earn enough money to purchase a non trial mech. The cheapest is the commando at 1.7mils but I don't recommend it.

what mech do you advise i get first? O.o

#10 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

You will start to get xp when you have bought a mech. Trial mechs only give you some CBills.

Your picture can be changed in your forums profile, which is not ready yet. They are constructing a new website.

#11 Jiyio

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

thanks all :P

#12 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostJiyio, on 29 October 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'd advise you to play each of teh trial mechs to get a basic feel for how they move and operate. Then I'd buy a Jenner. lol Seriously the Jenner is about the best bang for your buck to start with. It's a very forgiving mech and not extremely expensive. Then jsut start earning cash and exp and save up for another mech. use the trial mechs to grind out some cash since they cost you nothing in repairs and everything you make is pure profit in them

#13 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

The Jenner JR7-D is a great starter.

#14 Jiyio

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostB3RZ3RK3R, on 29 October 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

The Jenner JR7-D is a great starter.

alright ty tons!

#15 BloodLegacy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 198 posts
  • LocationOregon City, OR

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Ok, so the bad new is that the Founders program was a pre-order/crowdsourcing system that has lapsed and is no longer available. What you can do however is purchase a premium package with MC and it will give you the 25% boost to C-bills and XP.

More on XP: Trial mechs, which I would wager you are piloting now, do not yeild XP. They will net you 25% of the matches C-bills, and cost you nothing to repair or rearm. These are used to practice piloting various types of mechs untill you are able to afford to buy your first 'mech. Probably a light mech like a Commando, Jenner, or Raven. Once you are piloting your own mech, you will start to accrue XP for the Mech you are piloting and purchase minor upgrades. You will also earn 100% of your entitled C-bills, but you will also be responsible for the cost of ammunition and repairs to your ride.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to PM me and Ill help as I can.

#16 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

The commando is somewhat of a niche mech that can be hard to pilot. Pardon the term however the Jenner IMHO is an easier mech to pilot and it's also faster and a tad more maneuverable so more noob friendly basically.

Also premium is a waste on trial mechs. I wouldn't buy it until you actually have your own mech so you earn full benefits from your premium if you buy it.

Edited by Windies, 29 October 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#17 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 29 October 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

You will start to get xp when you have bought a mech. Trial mechs only give you some CBills.

Your picture can be changed in your forums profile, which is not ready yet. They are constructing a new website.

Thanks!

#18 I Kill Pigeons

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Try all 4 classes of trial mechs available to see what suits your playstyle.

As a light/scout you'll want to move fast to avoid being shot (duh) & remember to target enemies with "R" and grin as the LRMs rain down from your teammates.
Mediums can scout as well (Cicada!) or be brawlers, depending on the mech.

Heavies & Assaults is pretty obvious. The bigger you are though, the heftier your repair bill & bigger bullseye you'll have on the battlefield. If you drop with an Atlas or Awesome, expect a lot of attention. You'll want to try both long range & short range heavy & assault styles, to see what works for you.

Try it all out before you buy your own mech...That's what the trial mechs are for, imo.

Just remember, target with R (or whatever you change the button to if you do). You'll get XP/Cash for spotting & your boating teammates will love you...Unless it's me your looking at. Then please, don't call the rain on me. Thanks!

Edit: I should add as a warning, if it wasn't for my founder's & premium bonuses, I'd probably be losing $ for most losses in my Atlas 7D. Really, stay away from the heavier mechs for your first one, unless you REALLY like the way they play.

Edited by I Kill Pigeons, 29 October 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#19 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostJacmac, on 29 October 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

You don't. Buy MC, Buy a mech, Then you will get XP.

You can buy mechs with saved up c-bills, not just MC.

#20 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostJiyio, on 29 October 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

alright ty tons!

Glad to help, good luck out there! :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users