My final opinion:
- Ammo trucks are available in matches larger then 8v8.
- They explode with enough power to destroy nearby mechs when damaged.
- A mech can call them over during the match to reload.
- The mech must shut down for 30 seconds for each ton of ammunition added.
- It can carry 5 tons of ammunition, and there are 3 of them in total.
- Ammo is taken out of the players mech lab. If a player requests for 1 ton of LRM-15 ammo, an LRM-15 will be removed from their stock.
- They also have "fire hoses" that can spray coolant fluid.
A number of reasons this is a terrible idea.
1) Ammo trucks would allow ballistics munchkins to kill everyone solo. Yes, even a company of nothing but Atlas'. Or Daishis.
2) Calling over an ammo truck would allow someone to go find all 3 and use them as portable TNT, or for greifers, eliminate ALL the spare ammo.
3) Ammo will MOST LIKELY be factored in cost-wise as an after-action expense. Why would you even be allowed to purchase a mass quantity of ammo as a Lone Wolf or House player? Mercs might get away with it, but those other two are getting screwed.
Edited by Volthorne, 06 May 2012 - 01:23 PM.