Game crashes mid match

33 replies to this topic

#21 vindr3d

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Just an update guys on what I've noticed. I played for about 2.5 hours today as the trial raven mech. I had zero problems. Even shooting SRM's. So it seems to only be when you are using LRM's to me after reading everyones stuff. I was getting hit by a lot of LRM's but it did not freeze. Maybe ya'll try the same and see if it works for ya'll.  I know its not a fix but as least you can play.

Hope it helps for the time being.edit: sorry. forgot to mention i had redownloaded and installed the game again.

Edited by vindr3d, 01 November 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#22 Peter von Schleier

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

For me it started only on the snow map and only with lrms, but happend on other maps without me firing lrms too now. Eevery 15th game or so.

#23 destraudo

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

I have had hardlocks every 5-6 matches.

I really really liked what i played with this game. Would have actually been pretty happy to dump 60 dollars into it in the form of credit, but these hardlocks man. They are a deal breaker.

Two of them corrupted my graphics drivers to the point i had to system restore to resolve system instability caused by it. As i use my pc for freelance work the current situation is not something i can really live with.

Going to wait for the full release of the game and hope they have resolved these issues by then.

#24 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Never had a problem since I upgraded my computer with this game. The past 2 days I have been having drops. I was firing missles during the last one.

#25 Crashking

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationIn Game

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Well this is what beta is all about. The one things that's gets me is I know the dev's can't test on every combination of hardware out in the world, but um well since we make such a great test platform -- WHERE DO WE SEND ALL OUR LOG FILES for their analysis? I look into some of them here and I see "ERROR" - but I have no real way of telling what's going on or producing it.

I now know my hardware doesn't quite meet the system requirements, but it doesn't make me any the happier to see that those who do are having similar issues.

Hey Dev's some of are willing to work with you to make the game work, but we need your support to provide you with useful information. I so want to see this game succeed and I can see it having huge additional game play potential here beyond its current limited "Core" state.

#26 mileshayes

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostKizami z3r0, on 30 October 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

This is the second time ive had a hardlock and random crash since the last patch. Just checking to see if anyone else has had it.

yeah Mine crashes to the main UI and I don't know how to get back into the game I was playing. It just says Im still In game and I have no idea how to reconnect...

#27 Silme

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostCrashking, on 01 November 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Well this is what beta is all about. The one things that's gets me is I know the dev's can't test on every combination of hardware out in the world, but um well since we make such a great test platform -- WHERE DO WE SEND ALL OUR LOG FILES for their analysis? I look into some of them here and I see "ERROR" - but I have no real way of telling what's going on or producing it.

I now know my hardware doesn't quite meet the system requirements, but it doesn't make me any the happier to see that those who do are having similar issues.

Hey Dev's some of are willing to work with you to make the game work, but we need your support to provide you with useful information. I so want to see this game succeed and I can see it having huge additional game play potential here beyond its current limited "Core" state.

So far the devs haven't posted anything of use on the issue - they've asked for more information, but there's been no feedback on troubleshooting or possible causes. I've seen one PGI guy suggest redownloading .pak files which fixes the fread XXX of 0 bytes error, but it hasn't helped the cryanimation issue at all. Otherwise, they've closed all threads that have been started about it outside of the generic Stability and Crashes thread for the patch-specific board. I'm expecting we'll have the issue tacitly ignored until they post a possible fix in another week and change with the next scheduled patch.

My box is super overkill for the game and I'm having the same issues, so rest assured it's an engine problem and not (necessarily) your config. During beta there used to be an option to actually submit a support ticket, but that's apparently been done away with. Will be trying their support email address and see if I can finagle a response.

Edited by Silme, 25 February 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#28 djpow

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Having crashes every single match now. I have upgraded my nvidia drivers to no avail. Even the loadout doesn't seem to be the issue. I have a standard ppc catapult, a 2 AC10 cataphract and a AC20 hunchy. With all the mechs I try it crashes. When it does I need to ctrl alt del the game to go back to desktop. VERY FFING FRUSTRATING!

#29 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

crashes or locks up? Crash = game gone.. Locked up = frozen picture (and often looping sound).. if it's just locked up and you can ctl alt del out, try going back into the game right away.. I've had 2 lockups while playing and 2 while spectating.. instead of killing the game from task manager (and not being able to get back), going back to the game had cleared whatever locked up (something in the video I'm guessing) and I was back in the cockpit. ... worth a shot, but it implies something is amis with your video card (too hot, some graphic setting is causing a render problem, etc etc).

I'm running with all settings max except shadows and post processing. Both of those two are set low/off because I've found my nVidia always has problems with shadows to some degree, and post processing is what blurs the far distance and I -hate- blurred graphics. Try turning those two off and leave the other settings wherever they are.. see if that helps the lockup issue..

#30 Weztside

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Ill be running this game well at 60 fps and out of nowhere it will crash without any kind of warning or indication why. I cant even finish 1 match.

#31 Weztside

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

I can't get through a single match without a crash. I reinstalled my drivers and MWO but nothing works. I even tried lowering the settings to low and it still crashes every single game.

#32 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

It has happened to me regularly over 2 months period. Some days good some days bad but always a black screen and freeze lock up that I have to Task Manager it out. But today was really bad. 2 Games in a row and quick so I decided to be proactive on it and I read something about AVG on here being an issue so I dumped that for Avast. Then tried a registry clean but doubt that fixed it. Next I noticed Nvidia had a new driver out so I installed that. Then I bit the bullet and uninstalled Mechwarrior and re-installed it. Also I set my shadows to low ( someone else recommended this on another post ) and turned off Motion Blur. All other settings are MEDIUM in game.

So far NO LOCKUPS after playing over 1 hour. Crossing my fingers this stays. I listed the above steps so others might try.

Oh and I was just on Caustic and there were tons of LRM's flying back and forth and no problems

Edited by WANTED, 10 March 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#33 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well, first lock up to black screen just happened to me.. can't switch out and back, NONE of my screens/windows would open, the video was fully currupted since MWO had it and locked up. When I lock up but still see the screen it froze on, it lets me swap out and back..

Verified the video card temp, too.. 57c so I didn't over heat the card. New bugs breaking the game that used to be obscure but are becoming more prominent. Sad.

#34 Weztside

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

If anyone is still following this I may have found a temporary solution until PGI fixes this. Go into your MWO user.cfg file and enter sys_MaxFPS = 45. Also, if you are using an extreme overclock on your gpu or cpu i'd suggest lowering them to stock. Doing the above has helped stabilize an unstable game and i've stopped crashing to desktop. The power of your PC is not in question, but the stability of your setup is probably causing this problem. Let me know if this works for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users