Hellhound (Conjurer) and Mechwarrior 4

52 replies to this topic

#41 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostRoh, on 07 April 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Er the hellhound is an awesome mech for it's weight class in mw4. What exactly do you want on it? Quad ppcs and a couple ac 20s just for kicks? Its actually one of my favorite mechs period. As for the one on Sarna? Not really familiar with it.

No it wasn't, it was only a decent mech. In MW4, the best mechs were the ones that specialized for the most part. Mechs that forced a more rounded set of slots were usually not as popular for obvious reasons. For close range you generally wanted ballistic mechs (MekTek's introduction of the heavy lasers changed this somewhat) and for longer range you wanted energy and missiles. I say this drawing from a lot of experience in many formats in MW4. The Hellhound was simply not as effective as other mediums like the Ryoken, Shadow Cat and Hunchback.

#42 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

I liked it as a raider class warrior, and I could make that beast be an ******* up close.

#43 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Definitely one of my favorite mechs from mw4, I mounted X-pulse lasers and an UAC10 on mine, and could make quite a mess with that mech. All fear my siggy!

Edited by Vanguard319, 05 June 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#44 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostFetladral, on 09 April 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

The first one looks like a modified Storm Crow (Ryoken) The third looks like a heavily modified Hunchback. The 2nd looks pretty good though.

Give me a Stormcrow that looks like that in MWO and I'll stop complaining about the terrible design choices for at least a day or two.

#45 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

The adder is ugly...but it hits like a Mack Truck for a 30ish ton mech. 2 Clan ER PPCs...LOL...nasty mech to tangle with.

#46 G-LOC

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

View PostJennerCrusher, on 29 August 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Mind if you can be less rude on your opinon about the CBT artwork please? (btw Yes, i understand that around 40 of all the Battlemechs in CBT including this one were taken from an anime WITH PREMISSION FROM THE OWNER OF THAT ANIME!)

I agree with his opinion, they really do suck, they are often childish and ill thought out. The original designers weren’t gods who’s work should be held sacred, they were just the terrible artists lucky enough to be in on the ground floor when BT was conceived, now thirty years on with a greater reach the designs should be tuned and in many cases rationalised by talented individuals. This way the fantastical creations at least have a vague grounding in what is practical yet still cool looking and maintain some consistency across the range of mechs when it comes to proportions, scaling and design.

Hell I’d redo the names if I could to ensure that certain companies or industry planets that made the mechs kept a common theme or style for every mech they make, much as is done in real life such as all US helicopters being named for Native American tribes or Bristol/Rolls Royce using Roman gods.

Edited by CTF GLOC, 17 February 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#47 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:43 AM

Posted Image

Dear Coordinator believes old battletech art is good.

#48 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostCTF GLOC, on 17 February 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

I agree with his opinion, they really do suck, they are often childish and ill thought out. The original designers weren’t gods who’s work should be held sacred, they were just the terrible artists lucky enough to be in on the ground floor when BT was conceived, now thirty years on with a greater reach the designs should be tuned and in many cases rationalised by talented individuals. This way the fantastical creations at least have a vague grounding in what is practical yet still cool looking and maintain some consistency across the range of mechs when it comes to proportions, scaling and design.

Hell I’d redo the names if I could to ensure that certain companies or industry planets that made the mechs kept a common theme or style for every mech they make, much as is done in real life such as all US helicopters being named for Native American tribes or Bristol/Rolls Royce using Roman gods.

This thread is almost 2 years old man...

#49 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostCTF GLOC, on 17 February 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

Ahah, good luck with that..

#50 G-LOC

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

Not sure how I ended up on this old thread but I stand by my points regardless :)

#51 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:43 AM

The MW4 Hellhound is one of the sexiest mechs in the game, but has nothing to do with the real Hellhound (aka Wolverine IIC). I wish they just gave it another name (a new chassis).

If the Hellhound one day make it to MWO, it should look very like the MWO's Wolverine.

#52 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostCatharsis, on 08 April 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

In my original post I was not actively complaining about the design on Sarna. My question was really just whether or not the two actually were related, or if it was just some mistake on someone's part.

BattleTech has its share of ugly mechs... and its share of sexy mechs. I am not complaining either way :P
Besides, it is not a glossy, fancy, fantasy world. As far as I consider, it is a gritty, and realistic universe where mechs are built to FIGHT not to win beauty contests. So yeah.

But really, being a game,you have to admit that one usually does consider a mech's aesthetics when choosing what to go into battle with. Obviously if we were really putting our lives on the lines, we would be picking the most effective mechs out of what is available to us, regardless of looks. :P

The Conjurer (Hellhound) is one of those unseen. The image for the mech was created by an out-of-house organization, and was removed subsequently to avoid legal issues. The artwork is inspired by SDF Macross.

cite:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

So, they had to design that new artwork to allow the Conjurer into MW4. The artwork had to be sufficiently different from the Macross-inspired ripoff, hence the almost laughable difference between the two images.

Personally I'm split between the two designs, I love both of them. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users