239 replies to this topic

#221 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

One topic for such a meeting would be to discuss the topic of the non agression treaty proposed by several Kurita units and maybe a similar proposal from us towards steiner. This would free us to attack the clans.
But we can only make such a decission if we get together, plus I think we should do it soon.

#222 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

I move to hold an Allthing at the Yule finals. Its the closest possible date and most of us will be there anyway I think.

#223 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

We from the (original) Pug Life signed with the FRR
We are more casual but i have strategic ideas that may help.

1:A meta is forming and it will likely be 1-2 months before PGI makes any changes.

2: Do we have a way to communicate with the European/Russian FRR? My idea would involve them too.

3: How do we communicate with the 'Leaders' of the other Houses? I see a big opportunity in the Map that would really shake things up.

We also have to address tactics pertaining to attacking planets. We are losing ground. I have ideas for this but coordination and timing are key.

I have TS but can really only drop 9-midnight EST North America time.

#224 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 14 December 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

We from the (original) Pug Life signed with the FRR
We are more casual but i have strategic ideas that may help.

1:A meta is forming and it will likely be 1-2 months before PGI makes any changes.

2: Do we have a way to communicate with the European/Russian FRR? My idea would involve them too.

3: How do we communicate with the 'Leaders' of the other Houses? I see a big opportunity in the Map that would really shake things up.

We also have to address tactics pertaining to attacking planets. We are losing ground. I have ideas for this but coordination and timing are key.

FRR Teamspeak Hub

Server address: frrhub.tk:9725
Password: Dragon

#225 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 14 December 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

Hi there, yes you have a way to communicate with russian FRR (VRGD in fact). I'm not an official representative of Varangian Guard, but we can establish a link here.

And it would be great if we will use UTC time instead of local ones.

#226 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostDaemonWulfe, on 12 December 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

Not a bad idea. We'll need to get together on TS, and perhaps set up a secure page for our leaders to get together and discuss the details behind our border incursions on three sides.

There used to be an FRR engin site. I'll see if I can dig up the link. No idea if it still in use/exists.

Edit: Turns out it's in the first post of this thread:

http://kungsarme.enjin.com/forum

Looks like some recent activity, but not much. Still,could be a useful spot for such discussions if we're still lacking someplace.

I'll be back around more soon, and looking for folks to drop with for sure. A little busy currently, but hopefully by the time CW is out of Beta ...

Has anyone heard if there will be a map reset when the 'Beta' tag is removed, or if that tag is one of PGI's hipster jokes?

Edited by Bagheera, 17 December 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#227 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostBagheera, on 17 December 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

There used to be an FRR engin site. I'll see if I can dig up the link. No idea if it still in use/exists.

Edit: Turns out it's in the first post of this thread:

http://kungsarme.enjin.com/forum

Looks like some recent activity, but not much. Still,could be a useful spot for such discussions if we're still lacking someplace.

I'll be back around more soon, and looking for folks to drop with for sure. A little busy currently, but hopefully by the time CW is out of Beta ...

Has anyone heard if there will be a map reset when the 'Beta' tag is removed, or if that tag is one of PGI's hipster jokes?

I've tried contacting the site owner several times to find out about transfering ownership to someone who will maintain it but haven't gotten any response.

#228 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostSurtr, on 17 December 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

I've tried contacting the site owner several times to find out about transfering ownership to someone who will maintain it but haven't gotten any response.

Par for the course! :lol: Originally I think the site owner started it as a place for house regulars that weren't in a specific unit - but the way CW seems to be playing out, the usefulness of that is questionable.

Edited by Bagheera, 17 December 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#229 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

Bagheera, the engin is old news. We've long-since moved on from even trying to get it.

We have our own site already, all the big merc units are either on it or communicating via teamspeak.

If you would like to get more info, feel free to join us as well.

Edit: Surtr, please for the love of god and all that is holy remove that site from the first post. Nobody reads beyond the first post.

Edited by Damon Howe, 17 December 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#230 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 17 December 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

Bagheera, the engin is old news. We've long-since moved on from even trying to get it.

We have our own site already, all the big merc units are either on it or communicating via teamspeak.

If you would like to get more info, feel free to join us as well.

SoR's site or one for the FRR in general?

I haven't logged into that engin in I'm not even sure how long, I think I reg'd there back when it was created. :lol:

I'll be on the TS Hub once I'm around to game again though. Mostly just cruising forums in free moments while working on the road.

Edited by Bagheera, 17 December 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#231 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

We need a Leadership/Brainstorming meeting on TS.

I think i can help the Steiners vs the Lords.

Im spamming advertising trying to get IS units to unite.

If we could get some type of IS Grand Council going we can get dedicated Units to fight.

I also posted an idea in the Inner Sphere for those who want only IS vs IS action. Hopefully they can have their fun and not disturb the Clan Invasion efforts.

Do we have a Faction Roster with Unit Numbers? I wouldnt post it publicly, but its info that is needed.

#232 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

Leave the Steiners to their own troubles.

FRR should be defending it's borders with less than 12 man teams, and retaking lost space from Clan Ghost Bear. Competitive 12 mans should be attacking Ghost Bear planets, if we all coordinate we can stop the Clanners!

#233 Tyrchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hello members of the FRR, I am Tyrchon of A.C.E.S. On the behalf of Davion, I would like to propose an Inner Sphere wide Holiday-Truce. This truce would be that no organized Units of any faction be on offensive operations from the end of the Ceasefire on December 23rd to the end of the Ceasefire on December 26th. All defensive operations to prevent the Pugs from going out of control would be permitted, but all organized offensive operations would be put on hold during that time. We hope that all major commands and Units would agree to this truce in order to allow their members to spend a few days of the Holiday with their friends and family outside of the game.

If you are willing to consider this Truce please respond in the Davion forum under the Holiday Truce thread, inform your opponents, and inform your major Units.

Have a Happy Holiday season,

Tyrchon

#234 TheAstroPub

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

Here is what I have experienced thus far. We are losing not because we are bad, we often stack up many victories even over larger merc groups that fight for the clans. We simply are fighting at the wrong time. Right before the roll over happens the large Ghost Bear groups stack up and push, its the reason why we are probably going to lose a planet a day for the next 7 days. If we can get some IS 12 mans to drop in defense of our worlds at the turn over we might actually be able to establish a counter attack. As of right now we are losing because of buzzer beater clan groups rather than actual pound for pound losses.

#235 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

We need to get some diplomats out to other factions and convince them to drop in defense of the FRR. Right now we don't have the numbers to sustain a defense, especially now that we're losing some of our mercenary forces.

What we need is more 12-mans so we can counter the Ghost Bear offensive. We have the skill and the leaders, we just need the numbers.

#236 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

Unit name: Old Dragon Battle Group (OLD)

Unit type: Merc

Locales/Time zones: Mainly US primetime to latenight. Also Australia and Norway.

Contacts: Jonathan Paine, Divine Retribution

Unit Size: 39

Recruiting: Yes, always

Contract Length: 28 days (expires Jan 10, 2015), likely to renew for another 28 days

Other: We are a casual merc corp that is likely to remain contracted to the FRR for the forseeable future. Mostly fight along the FRR/GB border. We are open to players of all skill and experience levels over the age of 25 (most everyone in MWO). Most active from ~2000hrs EST to 0300hrs EST. Though casual we've earned our keep thus far by winning more CW battles than we've lost.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 01 January 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#237 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

I would like to request that QQ Mercs be permitted to attend an Allthing meeting as a merc unit diplomat for coordination efforts with FRR leadership and other friendly merc units.

#238 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

ARMD has landed in the FRR.

As an Aussie unit our impact on CW is limited until they bring in the multiple ceasefire periods, however if their is a plan the FRR leadership would like to convey, or a target of the day please PM me on these forums. If not we will harass the clans and Draconis Combine as best we can to find a game. It is very quiet in our timezone and turret runs get boring fast.

Col Slide.

#239 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

Welcome Col. Slide and the rest of ARMD to the most exciting front in the Clan Invasion! You will be fighting alongside a great roster of merc units and loyal house units.

The FRRs primary objective is to push back against the Clans, especially Ghost Bear who has taken the most FRR territory in past weeks, followed by Clan Wolf. At this time, The FRR is at peace with DCMS and we will pledge support for defense of their planets as long as our primary objectives (attack Clans/defend FRR planets) are met.

We are not allocating resources for/vs. Steiner, except on defense of FRR planets from Steiner attacks. Steiner previously had a ceasefire pact with Clan Wolf, which allowed Clan Wolf to focus on FRR territory, so Steiners are going to have to work hard to make The FRR an ally in the future.

I suggest coordinating with OMC in the AUS time zone for your efforts. For the EU timezones, contact Edema or Warchild Corsair from PHL and for N.A. you can touch base with Deadfire from 228th IBR (at least for the next week, while 228th's contract is still with The FRR). I will be away for the next 3 days, but when I return I will also be a good point of contact for the hand-off from late night N.A. times to AUS afternoons.

Fight the good fight and may you gather many pelts to dress your quarters!

Edited by Karpundir, 08 January 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#240 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

Thanks for the info Karpundir, we will keep off the Drac's as we don't want break any pacts. We kept away from Steiner after the pact was made with the Fed Suns. Most of our games have been against the clans anyway as they are generally the only ones on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users