• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostFlagrant, on 05 August 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Nevermind. Can't fit 4 ac2s.

Sure you can; I can put 4 in, add 4 tons run an XL 180 and still have 1.5 tons of armor left.

Also, my build is:
100 Standard Engine
2 Ac20s
2 Tons of Ammo
1 Ton of Armor
6 HSs.

All day long.

#22 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

messed around a bit when i saw this thread even though i don't own a cicada.

2uac5 w/ 3 tons ammo, 1ML, 208 armor, std 135 engine (54.1 kph, 60 w/ tweak) heat effi 57% w/ endo and dhs. at least i can keep up with the assaults.

#23 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostFlying Judgement, on 07 February 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

so i tryed the 3 x AC2 and well its fu%@%+ AMAZZZING its the scariest mech ever. Set one button to chain fire the next 4 an alpha strike. well if u pressing both at the right time... than u get a really beast machine gun Posted Image aim for the head and your enemy going blind and screen shake all the time waoo nice. i made 300 damage in firs try. also lowered my armor for more ammo.

AC/2 rate of fire is identical to chain-fire, meaning you either pulse all three every 0.5 seconds or one every 0.5 seconds. I don't see the point in holding down both mouse buttons. That said, yes it's a beast but a hungry beast and cramming more than 150 rounds in the light weight frame is tough.

I prefer the more standard 4x MG + LPL. I used to use an ER-PPC, but they're too hot and the rate of fire is too low now.

#24 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Wow! Quite the blast from the past in this thread, glad the stuff I said is still fairly accurate/relevant. To update, MGs are fairly solid at dealing damage now if you can break through armor. They jump from 1 DPS (armor) to ~2.7 DPS (unarmored), and of course they still shred internal items like mad. This is not enough damage to really compete with the current DPS ballistics of heavier mechs, which already have issues competing with current burst projectile builds, and unlike burst weapons they require much better aim to apply their damage regularly. Machine Guns are, however, still improved enough to make people who ignore you think otherwise. I consider it a win.

I recently made a new video of the 3C off several games to test out their new damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users