Upcoming Patch - Tuesday Nov. 6th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
It’s been another big push for content and gameplay this patch. There are several new things for you to take a look at and test out. In summary, there’s a new map, a new Mech variant, a new piece of information warfare equipment and some tuning to existing systems. Also included with this patch is the first phase of the Match Maker system.
Forest Colony Snow is a new take on the original Forest Colony. There have been a few changes to some of the gameplay spaces which change the tide and tactics of how battles on this map will play out.
The Centurion CN9-D has been added to round out the Centurion family.
The Artemis IV FCS Upgrade system has been added to the game. Artemis IV is an enhanced targeting system that increases the accuracy of LRMs and SRMs. This means that more missiles will be hitting on target than previous. This does not mean that SRMs become guided, they just tighten up their spread.
A very big improvement in Mech hit-box detection was also included in this patch. You should notice much greater accuracy in weapon hit detection than previously.
While not 100% eliminated, the black screen lock at the start of a match has been drastically reduced. We are continuing to monitor this problem and will be addressing as soon we find the exact cause.
That being said, here are your patch notes:
MATCHMAKING Phase 1
This patch, we introduce the 4-player limit to group sizes. The match maker works the same as usual with this single exception that groups can no longer be larger than 4-players.
This is phase 1 of a 3 phase Match Making upgrade and will eventually evolve into a skill based matching system.
Match Making – Phase 1
- Players can launch into a match as a solo player.
- Players can launch into a match as a group.
- Player groups cannot be larger than 4 players.
- Player groups can be 2, 3, or 4 players in size.
- The Match Maker still checks to make sure there are even Mech weight classes on both teams.
- Example: A player group of 4 players launches. The match maker then tries to find more players to fill an 8 player team. The additional players can be another group of 4, or a smaller group of 3 or 2 players and the rest will be filled with solo players.
- Tonnage: 50
- Top Speed: 97.2 kph
- Armor: 8.5 tons
- Weapons: 2 Medium Lasers, 1 LB 10-X AC, 1 LRM 10 w/ Artemis IV FCS
- Hardpoints: 2 Energy, 2 Ballistic, 2 Missile, 1 AMS
Artemis IV FCS Upgrade
- Artemis improves the grouping size of LRM and SRM volleys.
- Artemis improves the lock on time and tracking strength of LRMs
- Artemis does NOT add guidance to SRMs.
- Upgrade panel has an Artemis category with two options – Artemis and Remove Artemis
- The Artemis category will not show up if the ‘Mech does not have Missile hardpoints.
- Changing options will automatically upgrade/downgrade any existing eligible missile weapons and swap any eligible missile ammo to the proper type
- The Artemis upgrade can be applied to all standard LRM and SRM launchers, but not Streak SRMs or Narc Beacon launchers
- Price of the upgrade includes cost of the upgrade itself plus cost of the ammo if there was not enough in the inventory
- Ability to select the Artemis upgrade will depend on availability of sufficient slots and tonnage
- When viewed in “Loadout”, all Artemis capable weapons will take up one extra slot and weigh one more ton than usual when Artemis is selected
- For any weapons that are Artemis eligible, only the Artemis version will show in the equip list
- Similarly, only Artemis ammo will appear for the ammo for those weapons
- Double heat sinks are now 1.4 times as effective as standard heat sinks. This includes DHS's that you place on your Mech as well as those integrated into the engine.
- Trial Mechs now get locked when taken into gameplay.
- If you leave early, the Trial Mech you were using is locked into the game until it finishes.
- Mechs with Weapon Bay Doors can toggle the doors open/closed with ‘/’ slash
- Catapult and Centurion now have weapon bay door indicator lights in the cockpit. Green for Open, Yellow for Closed, Red for Destroyed.
- Fixed a source of de-synchronization issues (result should be better hit-box detection)
- AC/20 heat reduced from 7 to 6
- Small Pulse Lasers were only generating 50% of the amount of heat they should have been. This is now fixed.
- Small Lasers, Medium Pulse Lasers, and Large Pulse Lasers were only generating 75% of the amount of heat they should have been. This is now fixed.
- There is now a beached ship splitting the large water expanse. This provides a new area of cover for people engaging long-range enemies.
- NEW: Forest Colony Snow
- Forest Colony Snow is now part of the random map rotation. During the winter, temperatures drop to (-25°C), making quite a frosty glow around this familiar area - turning this map we know and love into a winter wonderland of low temperatures, frozen ground, with an icy chill in the air.
- Heat value will no longer desync for clients when a Mech does not contain any external heat sinks
- The Catapult K2 now has correct geometry/textures when swapping out PPCs.
- New equipment on Mechs will default to weapon group 1 instead of not being set
- Missiles will now correctly explode at their max range
- Locking animation will no longer play when firing SRM if LRM/SSRM ran out of ammo
- Machine gun will no longer fire when Mech has been destroyed
- Catapult arms will once again blow off correctly when side torso has been destroyed
- Greatly reduced Mech ragdoll jittering
- Fix an issue where the cockpit and/or arms will randomly jitter
- LRM’s will no longer behave incorrectly (spin wildly) when fired at corners of objects at close range
- Ammo counter will update with each volley fired
- Damage glow amount and size reduced
We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!
The MechWarrior® Online™ Team