Failed To Initialize The Gamestartup Interface ?!

12 replies to this topic

#1 SensiVanCloud

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hello there,
im really such new to this game , and i had saw it yesterday and start do download an patch it .
Today the patch is finished and i was happy to start the game , but after a view seconds there came an Error Message ;
failed to initialize the GameStartup interface
Holy crapp i DOwnloaded 38 patchparts over a view Gigabyte to get an error message after it ?!
Is this meaned serioulsy of the Producer from Mech Warrior online ?!
need Help pls Fast !

#2 Rabids07

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Did u fix it? I get the same thing anyone know how to fix it? Downloaded the game twice threw play for free but to me seems like the download is way to small only 1.2gb? Think it's only patching a game that's not in yet anyone care to help?

#3 Rabids07

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Has anyone else gotten this am on my 5th install and am gonna get the saqme thing I am guessing.

#4 Holok Hall

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hello,
I have the same problem! Yesterday everything was fine, now Windows 7 installed some updates and MWO does not work anymore. I reinstalled MWO, DX, vcredist, Nvidia drivers and nothing helped.
Greetings,
Tohiwa

Edited by Tohiwa, 15 February 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#5 real

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostTohiwa, on 15 February 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Hello,
I have the same problem! Yesterday everything was fine, now Windows 7 installed some updates and MWO does not work anymore. I reinstalled MWO, DX, vcredist, Nvidia drivers and nothing helped.
Greetings,
Tohiwa

Almost the same here but without a error msg. The launcher just sits in the process list and nothing happends game worked fine the last days and i installed nothing new or updated anything.

EDIT:

And just as i post this it works...after the 5th start....

Edited by real, 15 February 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#6 Holok Hall

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

I did a complete reinstall of Windows 7 and now MWO starts again without "Failed to Initialize...". I will now install all the patches again (137...^_^ ) and see if it still works after that.

#7 Rowddy

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

i got the same problem :D i did in the end a system recovery and a reinstall and now it works

#8 Jokerfire

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

Yea, I took about 4 hours trying to download the patch then it said unsupported video card detected and I cannot play!

#9 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Do you have teamspeak running?
Having teamspeak overlay on will crash mwo client due to a microsoft windows 7 patch.

#10 nitedragon

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationeast coast of florida

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

have been trying to play game since yesterday.. keep getting the same message. how many times do i have to uninstall and re install to get the game working. and i have updated my graphics card driver. am using a windows vista

#11 nitedragon

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationeast coast of florida

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

no help here... gave up

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ame-wont-start/

Since this must be coming up immediately in MWO search engines, follow the directions provided in the link above, but make sure your antivirus program is disabled while patching.

Afterwards, if the issue continues use the repair tool listed in the link below. Once the tool has deemed stable (no constant changes being made to it) it will be included in the actual patcher.

Mwo Repair Tool Public Release

#13 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 10 June 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...ame-wont-start/

Since this must be coming up immediately in MWO search engines, follow the directions provided in the link above, but make sure your antivirus program is disabled while patching.

Afterwards, if the issue continues use the repair tool listed in the link below. Once the tool has deemed stable (no constant changes being made to it) it will be included in the actual patcher.

Mwo Repair Tool Public Release

It is actually a CryEngine problem not MWO necessarily. 20 seconds with Google showed me that much. Another 180 seconds showed me that there is no clear solution to this error. Some funky combination of Windows, Video Drivers, and other software installed like .Net versions etc etc etc cause this problem. Most common fix... clean reinstall of Windows and Drivers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users