So Is It The New Format Or Busy Lives?

32 replies to this topic

#1 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

I've noticed since the change that a lot of us regular posters and writers have fallen off, even the used to be religious zealots that had to post 3 or 4 times a day. I've heard some complaints about the new format and was wondering if this is in part, why some of the fall off and silence?

I know personally that anything that is smooth and easy is more enjoyable to come home to and get on after a day at the grind.

I'm just wanting others to chime in on this subject, as that if it's not an increased work load as the holidays approach, the the DEVs need to rethink the format and go back to the old, tried and true at least for this forum section. It might take up a bit more space with a multi-platform, but with the past enjoyment of our post to other, in my humble opinion at least, it would be worth it. :(

Please throw in your own two cents, so we might know better how to proceed. Thanks.

#2 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

I am just waiting for enough people to post to make it worthwhile to do another one. So for me it is more of I am waiting for everyone else so I have not been able to do anything. I know GAD III is in work overload atm, don't know what is up with others.

#3 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Yeah, ié noticed that too :) It´s sad :)

#4 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Honestly it's a bit of both for me. I'm working graveyard shifts, which I asked for BTW. I'm working the same hours I used to just a few years ago (11pm-7:30am) but I come home not terribly tired but finding myself unable to type up anything decent. Wife and daughter just bug and wont leave me the funk alone long enough to get comfortable.

And the new format is bugging me, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

#5 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Fairly busy at the moment.

Between training, Uni, work and drinking I am only home for about five hours of sleep before I head off again. :D

For some reason I am in a position in most RPs as well where I don't really have a pressing need to post. (I could and probably should write some internal actions or simply "a day in the life of" sort of posts.)

#6 cmopatrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

i would think rl is rather it of late, especially with all the NE USA writers possibly having a little more to do that mech fiction... pretty serious out there from what i can tell.

#7 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Power loss from the hurricane combined with the backlog of work has been delaying me. I'm reading up now and trying to get back in the swing of things.

#8 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Vodka, I'm still waiting on you in Tharkad - the last thing I did was say hi!
For me, it's writer's block on the whole. Just zippo motivation and when I try to force it, only frustration and the urge to drink emerge (Plus writing so dire it makes cave scribblings look like the Iliad).
In a better mood and way tonight though, so I'm going to try and scribble something up - and post it anyway and to hell with the consequences. Be ready for some rocky posting, but some posting is better than none - usually ;)

#9 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Well the Oni has landed. I will try to get settled and hopefully get a laptop up and running semi-regularly upstairs soon, so will post more then. Been warned it crashes periodically, so bear with me my frustrations.

#10 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

stuff had started to pick up a bit, the out and out died the last couple of days.

#11 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Yeah, everything's been kinda going in fits and starts lately it looks like. Hopefully we'll start to get our momentum back sometime before the new year :(

#12 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Only can speak for myself here.

It is not at all about the game.

For me it is all about the community sicne OB and the general tone in the forums.

I really can't stand the pure numbers of selfimportant poo throwing individuals getting more and more.

#13 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

For me its been working I've been doing alot of appointments the last few weeks but holiday block leave is right around the corner and things should slow way down at work.

#14 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Right now I am just waiting for others to post. all 3 of the RPs I am playing in haven't been posted on in 2-3 days in Skyfall to 2-3 weeks in the devil horsemen, but that is because GAD III is missing.

#15 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Going to be moving down South to help out the old folks... No internet there for awhile.

#16 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hello friends and fellow RPers... I'm moving yet again. I feel pretty nomadic at this point, but the place where I'm moving has no internet at this time. So I regretably beseech all GMs to consider my characters NPCed for the time being. I'm sorry for any inconvienances, but I am giving you all a heads up. Once again super-sorry.

I hope to be like the Amazing Mr. Nor Azman and disappear for a couple of months and make a triumphant return. Let's hope, I'll miss you guys/girls.

#17 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

I vote we suspend the blood of heroes rp til thom gets back, I don't think anyone else could pull off his character.

#18 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Awww man Thom, no fun :D
Hopefully you'll get 'net again relatively swiftly, so, so many topics would grind to a halt without you. I mean, no one could possibly manage to do that ridiculous accent justice!

As for myself, I'll hopefully be back tomorrow or Wednesday, if not, I probably won't be back until the first week of the New Year.

#19 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Well the move has been good, except my connection with the MAC I've been loaned is a roll of the dice. We all seem kinda busy and down for right now anyways. Hopefully I'll get my laptop by the new year and if I don't have anything new up, will try to shortly into January. Hope everyone has a happy and joy filled holiday season. Be safe and well till we type / talk / chat again. :)

#20 Mildman

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Also I know I have been looking less and not posting at all since open beta, that happened at pretty much the same time as the format change....some of the drop off might be because of that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users