You Know What Would Be Awesome? Miniatures Based On The 'mechs In Mwo.

25 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostArtorius Steelwing, on 26 September 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

just throwing my post up because i would love to see all of the mechs in minis especially the new marauder. ^^

The probability of seeing PGI's Marauder from MWO is not high. PGI does not sell miniatures, merchandise and such things. I don't think that PGI even has the licence for it.

However, there is a very high probability that relatively soon you will be able to buy the CGL's new Marauder miniature, i.e. this one:

Posted Image

#22 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationI'm in your Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth, conquering your worldz

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

Those do look pretty cool, I'll admit.

But I have NO experience with 3d modeling or anything...but I might know someone who is. Anyone out in the wild, wild internet have any experience or suggestions?

If you are interested in learning a 3D modelling program, I would suggest Blender. It can be tricky to set up to your preferences, but it has two benefits:

- Tutorials can be found on YouTube.

- It's FREE! You need only download it from their site.

Edited by Vanguard319, 02 October 2015 - 02:45 PM.

#23 Marack Drock the Unicorn Wizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 6,017 posts
  • LocationAt the end of the road and wondering if I should go somewhere else or off the cliff

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostNomadWolf991, on 26 September 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

just throwing my post up because i would love to see all of the mechs in minis especially the new marauder. ^^

You must die. NO RESURRECTING THREADS! PLEASE!
Posted Image
This should be against CoC.

On topic this would be a cool idea.

Edited by Marack Drock, 04 October 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#24 Atlasian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:10 AM

I definitely like to see miniatures for MWO Mechs. Some of you may not like the idea, but I also wish that they are pre-painted like the X-wing miniature game. When you are busy and have real-life commitments, high quality and well-designed pre-painted Mech minis are a godsend. Without worrying about paints, brushes and preparation time, lots of people can skip that painting obstacle and jump straight into the game.

#25 Brian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:07 AM

View PostJadeViper, on 27 November 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

You do know there is a battletech mini's game. It doubt its still in production, but I bet you can still find booster boxes.

you're thinking MWDA, a crappy CMG, they'd be better off playing BATTLETECH. which IS a minis game.

#26 NomadWolf

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:02 PM

View PostAtlasian, on 08 October 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

I definitely like to see miniatures for MWO Mechs. Some of you may not like the idea, but I also wish that they are pre-painted like the X-wing miniature game. When you are busy and have real-life commitments, high quality and well-designed pre-painted Mech minis are a godsend. Without worrying about paints, brushes and preparation time, lots of people can skip that painting obstacle and jump straight into the game.

That would be awesome as well though I love custom painted versions so I would probably paint them my self but I would love to see all the new mechs as minis even if I would have to do a repaint keep to the classic or the new format Alpha Strike I'm trying my had at the making the mechs into files i can use to make miniatures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users