285 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Ask your questions here, and I'll get as many answers as I can.

#2 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

1.) How will mechs that have less than 3 variants achieve the elite and master tier stats in the mech trees? For example, the Highlander currently has 1 variant announced, and there's many mechs that don't even have 3 canonical variants, regardless of time frame. How do they progress beyond basic?

2.) Is a fix being planned allowing people who crash during a game to reconnect? Of course, a fix for the crashes would be preferable, but being able to join back in would certainly be a help. I presume this is something being planned eventually, but any hint as to a time frame?

3.) You've stated that you do plan to combine the 'loadoat' and 'upgrade' sections of the mech lab together to at least some degree, so that players can mess around without having to purchase the changes each time they switch between the two. Can you give a time frame of when this might be changed?

#3 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Will some kind of training battle option be implemented in the future to practice on the maps and devise stratagies with your teammates for Merc corp drops?

#4 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Any chance we can have a "low Power state" for us skulking ambushers out there? That way we're harder to spot on sensors (until we fire) But our cockpits are not hanging towards the ground as they are now in full power off state.

I'd trade say a reduced sensor range for this any time. Maybe a Passive sensor option doing something similar would work better?

#5 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

1. Can we please get an update/ETA on Dx11 and what changes/performance benefits we could see?

Asked this about Dx11 last time and it didn't get answered.

Also there have been at least 2 recent threads asking about Dx11 that haven't gotten any answers from Devs.

2. A forum poll said roughly 80% of people would like to see Quad mechs in game. Word was from you guys they weren't likely due to technical issues mostly I guess...Could you please reconsider and give it a shot?... I will pay $50 for a Goliath that looks good and is implemented reasonably well ;) (Make it a premium only mech if you have to)
I would probably never more then half that for any other mech that isn't a quad
Forum poll:
http://mwomercs.com/...hs/page__st__40

I'd like the model/art to look something pretty similar to this...
Posted Image

Edited by Onyx Rain, 12 November 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

My question is: Will typical BattleTech equipment, such as EMC, BAP, MASC, etc. be available to install on all chassis variants (once all features are in), or will they be treated more like JumpJets (as in, only available for variants they come with in the first place)?

I ask this because people are wondering if e-Mechs will still have an e-Edge over other Mechs [in addition to the current environment where e-Mechs have more module slots available].

View PostTvae, on 08 November 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

1.) How will mechs that have less than 3 variants achieve the elite and master tier stats in the mech trees? For example, the Highlander currently has 1 variant announced, and there's many mechs that don't even have 3 canonical variants, regardless of time frame. How do they progress beyond basic?
All Mech chassis will have 3+ variants, so only Mechs with 3+ variants will be released.

This is why I think we'll never see the Thug in-game. Not only are all 3 Thug variants almost exactly the same (with only equipment "upgrade" differences between them), but you can build all 3 of those variants exactly nearly to-the-letter using the Awesome 8R variant we already have in game (the only difference between the 2 models would be a hand actuator). There's no need to have the Thug because it's basically in-game already as the Awesome 8R, and you can't be expected to level-up 3 variants that are hardpoint-identical.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 08 November 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#7 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

1) Can we expect to see descriptions for weapons and equipment soon?

2) Any Chance you guys will implement the ability to buy mechs as a gift for another player when buying with MC?

3) Are you guys planning on making B****in' Betty the Tom Tom of the future? As in any plans on selling us different AI voice and personality packs.... hehe I'd be willing to shell out for a mech that pities the foo who be overheating or Tells me that "The HEAT is too Damn High!"

Edited by Ceribus, 08 November 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#8 Thaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Cheers Garth.

Some questions about camos.

Do we get to buy a camo pattern and keep it forever?
Can we use it on a single mech or can we use it on all our mechs?

Thanks!

#9 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

So it appears based on XML delving and then in game performance that the DHS located within an engine are currently working at 2.0 instead of 1.4. Nothing seems overpowered now, so can we get confirmation that this is indeed occuring and if so can we just bump the rest of the DHS up to 2.0 and let things play out?

#10 xDevineWarriorx

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hey guys I have 2 questions for you.
Number 1: have you an exactly date when new game modes will implemented in this game, something like Team DM or rush?
Number 2: Will we see (or better hear) the sexy female voice back in our cockpits some patch day in this year? I loved the way he sayed I´m overheating my mech ^^

That´s all, by the way I love this game

#11 Col Forbin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hey Garth,

1) With the inclusion of 3rd person perspective looming, and the different balancing requirements it will certainly have: Will the devs move towards balancing the 3rd person gameplay, or keep focus on the 1st person experience, as this game was purported to be kept that way?

2) What are your thoughts on how the tripping mechanic will be implemented back into the game?

3) Will the ability (or need) to stack Jump Jets ever be introduced?

4) Can we get a free mechbay for the Yen Lo Wangs we purchased, and will future hero mechs include the mechbay in the purchase?

5) Will Artemis be changed to work on line of sight only, as canon and logic would dictate, being basically a laser designator?

6) Will NARC be buffed to work without LOS, and maybe a time improvement, so we'll see it's usage on the battlefield more frequently?

7) Any plans to introduce a confirmation dialog before spending MC or GXP? It is currently way too easy to mistakenly click on these (especially GXP) and GXP takes so long to earn.

Most importantly: THANK YOU! You guys have an amazing game to be proud of....

Edited by Col Forbin, 08 November 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#12 StopTheLag

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

When do you plan to have a staging server that non employees can participate on and provide constructive feedback? May help with the people that always complain if the people that have the time and desire to make this game great can test out your patches before they go to open beta.

And assuming you are doing this at some point, how do people sign up to access that staging server.

Thanks.

STL.

Edited by StopTheLag, 08 November 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#13 Norgur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 337 posts
  • LocationAugsburg, Germany

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Will the "free-repair-function" be overhauled? I have noticed many many people talking about how to abuse this system and get free ammo by just building in more ammo than they need, and then they just never rearm their mechs and start every match with the autorearmed 75%. Will that be changed?

#14 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

For Community Warfare, will each planet (faction & border) within the Inner Sphere have its own unique map? How many maps are planned for release? Will announced maps have a night version?

Edited by Maverick01, 11 November 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#15 SUBZERO8K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Are you eventually planning to implement events like double C-Bills / GXP weekends to give added incentive to the existing player-base to keep coming back as well as to attract new players?

#16 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

When can we expect CW warfare to begin trickling in?

Myself and a few other players were talking about player run leagues. How would you feel about bumping the MM system up the priority list a bit so that we could have specific drops with other teams? This would allow us to goof-off and run some stuff for bragging rights in a player-run league.

Is there any chance that we will be able to purchase cosmetic features for weapons in the future? IE: Different colored vapor trails for missiles and different colored lasers

If there was one feature you could have implemented today what would it be?

Why do you guys have to be Canadians?

#17 Phennix

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationOregon USA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

When i bought the founder pack i was under the impression there was a limited amount of time to do it. (i.e. 3-4 days) I did not take the time to come up with a sir name for my Pilot/account. Is there a way to add one now after the fact?.

#18 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

How will the Command Console be implemented into the game? Any ETA for when we can expect the Command Console functionality?

#19 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostCol Forbin, on 08 November 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

1) With the inclusion of 3rd person perspective looming, and the different balancing requirements it will certainly have: Will the devs move towards balancing the 3rd person gameplay, or keep focus on the 1st person experience, as this game was purported to be kept that way?

There is no 3rd person camera, never will be. Who told you these lies!

#20 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Also:

Do you have any intentions to boost the flamer and machine guns at all?
(I understand they weren't intended to be anti-mech BUT they are in the game and they aren't even remotely viable as a weapon system at this point)

Is there chance of letting players have custom paint jobs and nose art that is user-created and uploaded using MC as a fee?

EDIT:

Are there any plans to make adjustments to JJ's?
Right now they feel like there is no propulsion other than up. They definitely help with maneuvering especially on lights but they feel like right now they merely push a mech straight up for the most part

Edited by Sandpit, 08 November 2012 - 10:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users