Razer Hydra - the best controller for the Mech EVER.

115 replies to this topic

#101 Daito

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHobart

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Arkani, thanks heaps for the Mec - just started using it now, and whilst I suck, I'm enjoying plugging while I get used to it! Gotta say I like the hybrid build too - works for me. I just have to learn how to remap some of the buttons now! And how to remap the joysticks as I aim with right/ move with left. Really impressed with the sensitivity of the aiming though also, which was a real surprise. Makes it much better for leading to compensate for lag:) If you have any programming tips, please let me know! Cheers mate, and thanks again.

#102 arkani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostDaito, on 12 January 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Arkani, thanks heaps for the Mec - just started using it now, and whilst I suck, I'm enjoying plugging while I get used to it! Gotta say I like the hybrid build too - works for me. I just have to learn how to remap some of the buttons now! And how to remap the joysticks as I aim with right/ move with left. Really impressed with the sensitivity of the aiming though also, which was a real surprise. Makes it much better for leading to compensate for lag:) If you have any programming tips, please let me know! Cheers mate, and thanks again.

Glad your having fun.
Im now as good with the hydra as with the keyboard/mouse.

By the way are you using MotionCreator program from Sixsense?
It allows you to edit the mce, with a simple UI.

Post our config, after your tweaks, here so others may try it out

Edited by arkani, 15 January 2013 - 03:26 AM.

#103 superbob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

I finally got around to trying out MWO with the Hydra, mainly thanks to the solo training mode and the upcoming analog leg turning support. All I can say is wow, how could I have ever played MWO with mouse and keyboard while this beautiful piece of technology was sitting in the closet?

Sure, the first few sessions are tough and setting up my ideal .mce is going to take a while, but even with a quickly put together, one-handed profile the game is already more fun to play. The aiming is just so smooth!

#104 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Funny you should bump this today

Hydra is on woot tech right now

http://tech.woot.com/

#105 Jerkey26

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Ok just got my Hydra... im having some major problems... It only works outside of game.. as soon as i try in game nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or did they do something in patches to disable?

Thank you,

#106 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

I just got a hydra too!

And i have the same problems as Jerkey26

Btw should i install razer drivers or the sixsense motioncreator 2 drivers?

Thanks ^_^

#107 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

I am still awaiting the "official" MW:O controller, which seems to have been in concept forever. There have been two revisions that I know of and it just so happens to be a Razer product also, haha!

http://www.razerzone.com/artemis

Edited by Vegentius, 09 April 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#108 WookieeFart

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

If anyone is interested... below is my MCE file for your enjoyment.

http://db.tt/dZUq71vw

#109 WookieeFart

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

View Postp8ragon, on 09 April 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

I just got a hydra too!

And i have the same problems as Jerkey26

Btw should i install razer drivers or the sixsense motioncreator 2 drivers?

Thanks ;)

Def use the MotionCreator... i listed my MCE config file above. Just drop that in your config and restart the app. actually you need to restart the app every time you make a change and save it. I am sure you will want to tweak the config to suit you. But it will get you started.

#110 WookieeFart

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostJerkey26, on 09 April 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Ok just got my Hydra... im having some major problems... It only works outside of game.. as soon as i try in game nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or did they do something in patches to disable?

Thank you,

You need to set the MotionCreator to launch as Administrator Right-click on the shortcut and select properties... go to the Compatibility tab and on the bottom select "Run this program as an administrator." Now when you launch the only thing you will need the mouse for is your UAC if it is still enabled.

#111 Jerkey26

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostWookieeFart, on 09 April 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

You need to set the MotionCreator to launch as Administrator Right-click on the shortcut and select properties... go to the Compatibility tab and on the bottom select "Run this program as an administrator." Now when you launch the only thing you will need the mouse for is your UAC if it is still enabled.

Thank you for that, I have also found a work around and will explain here for others that may be running windows 7. What to look for is if when you start MWO a security popup saying something about making changes to system. I used the link in the window to change the setting to its lowest. This has fixed the problem for me. I will also try the administrator thing also and post back here. I would rather run as administrator then reduce the security settings.

#112 First Day Reviews

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

same problem,

It works outside the game, but as soon as i launch the client the Hydra is non responsive

Tried running as admin, still no go

im on windows 8, i don't get any security warning... not sure what to do?

#113 First Day Reviews

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Thanks to another member I figured it out

In order for it to work in the mechwarrior client

1. You need to download "motion creator" by Sixsense

2. Download a Mechwarrior custom MCE (which is a profile for the Motion Creator) (there are a few links here in the forums, if not PM me and ill give you mine)

3. When you start Motion creator in your profile check list of games, find the Mechwarrior Online MCE that you installed and
right click, find the option called "FORCE"

after thats enabled the controllers should work fine, you can tweak the sensitivity through motion creator under tools/preferences  

Good luck :D

Edited by RCMP Marauder, 06 July 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#114 superbob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:16 AM

On win8, I have to run the motioncreator as admin, like so:
  • open up the fancy start screen
  • right click the motioncreator icon (find it faster by typing its name)
  • click the "run as admin" option on the bottom bar that appears
That's it, now just run MWO normally and motioncreator controls should take over, provided you have a profile for MWO of course. You can test it by just forcing some FPS profile to run, if hydra moves the cursor while MWO client is focused then it works.

I have another problem though.

How do I run joystick emulators under win8 and use hydra for analog throttle/turning control in MWO?

Edited by superbob, 08 July 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#115 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

How do I run joystick emulators under win8 and use hydra for analog throttle/turning control in MWO?

Unless there's some reason stemming from 'motion creator', throttle/turning is better off binded as normal analog controls in the MWO client munu>options...

#116 Kromlaw

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

I just got my hydras set up and I think it's my favorite controller out of any I've tried for MWO (Mouse and keys, Dual joysticks, Gamepad, etc.) not to say I'm very good with any of them... but that's a different story.
I just started and still have a lot of fine tuning to do, but I can see this taking off if STEM is supported and people realize how nice it is. But hey, everyone's got their preferences .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users