[Bug] Can't Use More Than 3 Mouse Buttons

32 replies to this topic

#1 Boswelli

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Because this Trial-Atlas needs more than two weapon groups to prevent overheating i tried to map weapons group 3+4 to my mousebuttons 4-6 but it doesn't work. The game only accept inputs from mouse 1 to 3, while 3 is the zoom option (would like to use mouse wheel for this but that also do not work).

Is it too difficult to support ALL mousebuttons avaliable from a peripheral device? Joystick the coolie-hat doesn't work, with mouse MWO supports only 3 buttons (what about 18 or 20 like e.g. Naga or G600?) etc., this handling is real crap actually and needs a lot more work (and FAST work too)!

#2 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hmmm what mouse is it? I've not had trouble with my Razer Naga so far, but tbh you can get the naga to work with the game even if the game doesn't support it. I've not had any issues trying to assign the buttons ingame with my naga.

Id certainly be interested to see if anyone else is having this issue.

#3 Boswelli

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Have a Logitech M705 with 8 buttons, and can only use 3 of them, even with manual setup via setpoint. I thought i could override the MWO-config by using a game profile but it doesn't work ether :)

Playing a Mech with more than two weapon groups is just really annoying actually.

#4 Galaxy Drifter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationEast of Seattle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Just go into Logitech's Setpoint app and assign keystrokes to the buttons.

#5 Boswelli

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostElddar, on 09 November 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Just go into Logitech's Setpoint app and assign keystrokes to the buttons.

As i mentioned above i did this already but it doesn't work. I assigned it to profile for MWOClient.exe (i never will change my standard windows-config so i used the profile-manager), nothing happens, only button 1-3 work, 4-8 not :-(

Edited by Boswelli, 09 November 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Do not remember but does that mouse have onboard memory to store configuration? On the configuration, set the other buttons to generic Button.

Close down Setpoint and test. This is what I have to do for the game to register all the keys for M500 Logitech.

#7 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

A mouse with more than 3 buttons??? Sounds like something from New York City. Get a rope!

#8 Boswelli

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 09 November 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Do not remember but does that mouse have onboard memory to store configuration? On the configuration, set the other buttons to generic Button.

No, the M705 is a wireless mouse with long life battery (the only one capable for gaming AND with less energy consumption) but no onboard memory (my G19 has^^). Tried to bind the keys (3,4,5) to MWOClient.exe in profile without positive result. Using profile manager for G19 works, i can easily map any macros to the special keys, but mousebuttons with SetPoint doesn't work.

#9 Galaxy Drifter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationEast of Seattle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostBoswelli, on 09 November 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

As i mentioned above i did this already but it doesn't work. I assigned it to profile for MWOClient.exe (i never will change my standard windows-config so i used the profile-manager), nothing happens, only button 1-3 work, 4-8 not :-(

Yep, I cannot get Setpoint automatic profile manager to work either. What is happening is the profile with the keystroke assignments is never in place.

Don't use automatic profile switching, just select the profile you want in setpoint and/or assign a button on the mouse to switch between various profiles.

The problem is in Setpoint, not MWO. Mouse buttons 4+ are always kind of wonky. There is no real standard, and those buttons can act different from various brands of mice, so software support is spotty.

You must resolve the problems with Setpoint, if you want it to work.

#10 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Sounds like a problem with that particular mouse only- I use Naga and can assign all buttons just fine.

#11 SirriusLee

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCanis Major

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I have a logitech G500.All 5 buttons work fine.It must be the mouse.

#12 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I had this happen, I switched the control groups and modified what click does what so the end result was the same, haven't had it again though.

#13 Luke0616

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Your not alone.. logitech rnb90 here.. same prob. they are right that closing setpoint "fixes" it. Unfortunately the windows max mouse speed is way slow for MWO! It only has an extra 2 buttons (3 if wheel counts) and they all don't work in client or game. I don't think it is the profile manager because I changed the main button settings to keystrokes and still wont work. Everything else on my computer recognizes the buttons as buttons, scrolls or keystrokes depending how it is set. But MWO itself no likey-likey and turning is more vital than firing so I am stuck to two buttons.

#14 Luke0616

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

For what it's worth, I managed to tweak down all of my graphics settings (on the desktop, not in game for some reason) so that the windows mouse speed was usable inside MWO, now setpoint is disabled and I can still track targets/use buttons.

#15 Nighpher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBackwater planet

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I set my extra mouse buttons to keyboard keys, like, mousebutton 4 is numlock and mouse button 5 is "[" so the game accepts it as a keystrokecommand, then configure your weapon groups to the keyboard keys.

#16 Zero Division

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationWhere-ever the dropship drops me.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

This happens to me too. Last patch was fine, but now it's back. Killing Setpoint "fixed" the issue for me as well... but that's just a workaround.

#17 Calen

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I've had the same problem since I began playing in early June. I've had two different mice, one from the Logitech MX3200 set and now with the M705. I haven't tried killing Setpoint since like others have said, the default Windows cursor speed is way too slow. Hopefully the devs can look into this and get MWO and Setpoint working together.

#18 Karen Yu

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Same problem here with an ASUS ROG GX850.

#19 Dahmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationEast Coast - USA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Another Logitech 570 here, same issue. Using setpoint either with special mappings or having the extra two buttons keypress the keyboard mappings I have for functions. Neither works.

As a comparison, Planetside2 didn't require any funny config, it saw both extra buttons immediately.

#20 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

you have to go in to the actionmaps file and edit it to add mouse buttons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users