Should we be allowed external parts on mechs in drop mode

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we be allowed external parts on mechs in drop mode (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should be allowed external mech items (discussed below)

1. Yes (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. No (17 votes [56.67%])

Percentage of vote: 56.67%

3. We dont like your type around these parts (9 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Urist McPilot

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Ok here is my idea. We should be allowed for example say max drop weight on the dropship 150 tons and lets say we take a 100 ton mech. We should be able to spend that extra 50 on extra items, Say a scanner so your team knows what the map layout will be or a MFB (this is will solve the argument about should there be MFB's at all) well thats about all the examples i can think of.

What do you guys think think

P.S my fingers are really cold. How did i do type wise

*EDIT* Suggestion as well please

Edited by Urist McPilot, 25 April 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#2 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I think I would rather use my mech radar and bring a 50 ton buddy.

Seriously though, mechs don't have 'external parts', with the rare eception of a handheld gun that is is included in the mechs tonage, and a drop harness that has no game effect.

[EDIT] actually I take that back, 'external parts' could be consider modules, which all mechs will be able to mount (in limited quantities), so yeah, can can bring some extra stuff, although it doesn't cost weight, it costs "module space".

Edited by Major Tom, 25 April 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#3 Urist McPilot

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

No not external parts like that, But external parts as in equipment on a drop ship

E.G Stuff that would add more flavor to game play. I feel a bit embarrassed about saying this but rather like the squad bonus in BF3, Although i havent played the game i only know the basis of the thing

Edited by Urist McPilot, 25 April 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#4 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

'Squad Bonus' would fall under modules most likely. As for the tonnage problem, I don't think the devs are going to make you muck around with drop limits. They seem to want to balance it so you don't want to have an all atlas lance in the first place, rather than forcing you to bring fewer mechs/smaller mechs.

#5 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I'm pretty sure the game is set up so everyone can pilot what they want. There shouldn't be tonnage limits. That means that yes, we will likely run into teams of 12 Atlas's or 12 Awesomes (That actually is kind of scary, ECM very important then).

As for your suggestion, no, it's not necessary nor really conducive to the experience.

#6 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostMajor Tom, on 25 April 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

I think I would rather use my mech radar and bring a 50 ton buddy.

Seriously though, mechs don't have 'external parts', with the rare eception of a handheld gun that is is included in the mechs tonage, and a drop harness that has no game effect.

[EDIT] actually I take that back, 'external parts' could be consider modules, which all mechs will be able to mount (in limited quantities), so yeah, can can bring some extra stuff, although it doesn't cost weight, it costs "module space".

If we are still playing once MWO reaches level 3 tech Jump Packs are external but count against mechs tonnage.

As to the OP, depending on what the combat mission is and the equipment availabe I could see some uses.

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 25 April 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#7 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I don't think we will see any external add-on in this game. well besides drop packs that don't count against you.

#8 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

external things like FOBs or MFBs are fine with me. but direct external addons to a mech? hell no

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users