Speed Hack ?

22 replies to this topic

#21 Crayzed Lyon

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

When moving in a straight line the fastest 'mech will get away, but if you're making any slight turns, then the pursuing 'mech will close the distance. Since running in a straight line is a good way to get shot up, most people try to zig zag at least a tiny bit. This in effect puts less distance between them and the pursuer.

Another way to catch up to a faster 'mech is to aim ahead of them instead of at them. Both 'mechs are moving in straight lines, but the distance between them closes. It wouldn't take too terrible of an angle to make up about a 10%-20% difference in speed long enough to close some good distance.

Yet another factor that affects this is the shape of the map. Caustic Valley in particular has lots of contours. There is no such thing as moving in a perfectly straight line in many places on that map. Good pathfinders spend less time getting to where they want to go.

#22 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostBLUEWOLF 07, on 27 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

I've run into this for the 3rd time in 3 weeks, a Cent chasing me down while I'm *in a*(edited) Jenner , while I'm doing 149.3, and he's GAINING on me, in a straight line.

Tonight, I noticed while on Caustic, this guy running along side me, like the Lagcommandos of 5 months ago, he was borderline blur he was going that fast. He chased me to his spawn, and I kept turning full torso twist, to check this distance, each of 4 times, he was GAINING on me, and the last stretch, was in a straight line.

Only difference this time, I got the whole the thing on Video :D

Info has been sent to devs

If it is on video did you happen to notice the variant is CN9-D which can top out at 126 KPH before Speed Tweak?

#23 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

The Centurion-D can run very, very fast with a high-end engine.

This thread has fulfilled its purpose and is now being closed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users