53 replies to this topic

#1 William Brewer

• PipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image
With all the talks of the Fed-Com Civil War Era, where do you stand as a Steiner? Based upon your views and experiences with House Steiner, would you consider yourself a pro-Katherine Loyalist or a Pro-Victor Ally? Would you fight with or against Katherine if she came into this game?

Personally, I love House Steiner, but if Katherine ever comes into this game then I'll jump to Davion Space. I'll still wear Steiner colors and the logo though. So I am Pro-Victor in those regards.

So with that said, would you see yourself as Pro-Victor or Pro-Katherine?

Spoiler

Edited by The Steiner Blue Man, 21 March 2017 - 01:06 AM.

#2 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

You could add "Mass murderer", "Warmonger" and "Comstar" on the "Pro"-Victor side.

#3 William Brewer

• PipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

I could also add "Manipulative", "Matricial", and "Tyrannical" to the Pro Katherine side. But being pro-Victor is the better choice.

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

They where both beyond stupid.
Victor may have been the ideal general against the clans but he was an awfull horrific politician.
(realy effin the Koordinators doughter....now thats a diplomatic faux pas)
And Katherine...matricide (you know the bombing versus archon Melissa)....parricide (sure Hanse died from a heart attack)...fratricide...(poor little Arthur)...dancing in the sheets with enemys of the whole inner sphere (Vladimir Ward) well this girl has too many bad habits for my taste. Posted Image

Edited by The Basilisk, 21 March 2017 - 12:44 AM.

#5 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:59 AM

In part I have to agree, but IMO Katherine was the worse of both. Powerhungry mad lady. At least Word of Blake was happy with what both did

#6 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

Its not in the books but they both sent saliva samples in to ancestry.com and found out they shared genetic heritage with notable american power families with last names like Kennedy, Bush, and Clintin....

You were expecting me to include Trump? Naw, his genetic code was eradicated after his disastrous 4th term in office....

Edited by UrbanTarget, 21 March 2017 - 05:05 AM.

#7 Storyteller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:45 AM

As a Kuritan I am glad I didn't have to choose between those two.

But if I had to, I would have voted for the Warrior Prince.
At least he was a very able MechWarrior and General.
Not like Katherine, who just achieved the rank of MechWarrior with the late Clan Wolf,
while alpha striking a light mech with her Warhawk during the trial of position and then shutting down.

She ended her career in a solahma unit, while Victor was a respected Paladin of the Republic of the Inner Sphere.

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

The Victor was great until they nerfed its agility.

Oh, wait...

#9 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

I'm pro "everything after 3025 is an abomination".

Edited by Khalcruth, 21 March 2017 - 01:48 PM.

#10 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Victor... he earned respect by defeating the Clans.

but we will come back.

#11 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

pro katherina because i have mother fixation

;D

no really, think my case is similar to yours, i am just loyal to the BRO FIST.

#12 William Brewer

• PipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 21 March 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

I'm pro "everything after 3025 is an abomination".

No, you're more like a pro-"I should have quit Battletech along time ago" kind of guy lol.

Edited by The Steiner Blue Man, 27 March 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#13 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:05 AM

Whichever one pays me more cbills

#14 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

My only answer is this: You know where the fist is going (into).
Hint: Fisting Steiner is a thing.

#15 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

ComStar is of course entirely neutral in such matters, but our Blessed Precentor Marital Focht seems to have this strange affection of House Steiner and Victor is ultimately his successor...

#16 FreeFragUK

• PipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

Blue Man, when you get the opportunity please could you provide either a screenshot or a step by step rundown for both the Pro-Victor and the Pro-Katherine paint schemes and their supporting decals?

I realise that this is arguably the most basic of the basic but I figure it might be a good reference for those less familiar and those looking to just quickly snap up these schemes and get them applied.

See you in the field.

#17 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:39 AM

Speaking as a long term Davion loyalist (lols at MW:O taking the idea of Factions away so its better to just Merc), I hated Katrina, but Victor was just a massive douche nozzle too. While he was indeed a (barely) capable General, the vast majority of battles he won was down to someone else or just massive amounts of plot armour, and his decision making was ... dumb.

'I'll replace his dead son with a double to keep arms flowing to our front line units. Yes Liao tried it on my father and everyone decried it a great evil, but I'll do the same to Mariks son'

Instead of:

'Apologies Thomas, your son that had the almost fatal illness that we managed to keep in check a little longer so you could spend a little more time with him with has finally died. We tried all we could, but even the vaunted NAIS has not managed to find a cure for it. Our greatest condolences lie with you and your people at the young life that has been taken from us too soon'

BOOM! Operation Guerrerro averted, no Chaos March and no public reason for the FedCom to be split.

#18 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:16 AM

View PostMemnon Valerius Thrax, on 21 March 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Victor... he earned respect by defeating the Clans.

but we will come back.

You literally have nothing left, the Smoke Jaguar clan has ceased to be.

View PostDevlinCognito, on 06 July 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

Speaking as a long term Davion loyalist (lols at MW:O taking the idea of Factions away so its better to just Merc), I hated Katrina, but Victor was just a massive douche nozzle too. While he was indeed a (barely) capable General, the vast majority of battles he won was down to someone else or just massive amounts of plot armour, and his decision making was ... dumb.

'I'll replace his dead son with a double to keep arms flowing to our front line units. Yes Liao tried it on my father and everyone decried it a great evil, but I'll do the same to Mariks son'

Instead of:

'Apologies Thomas, your son that had the almost fatal illness that we managed to keep in check a little longer so you could spend a little more time with him with has finally died. We tried all we could, but even the vaunted NAIS has not managed to find a cure for it. Our greatest condolences lie with you and your people at the young life that has been taken from us too soon'

BOOM! Operation Guerrerro averted, no Chaos March and no public reason for the FedCom to be split.

Yeah, like that's even the real Thomas Marik.

#19 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

I hope game will allow flexible roleplay, not just only Steiner (Katherine) and Davion (Victor) parts of FedCom. I will not switch to Federated Suns, but i will not support Katherine.
So i would hope in civil war events will be some sort of choise, without altering your faction.

View PostFreeFragUK, on 05 July 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

paint schemes

Sorry for cutting in, but as far as i know, regiments will still be using theirs colors. Here is great website with BT miniatures with examples http://camospecs.com/Faction/Index
For LCAF you can do pretty decent Donegal Guards (full blue-gray, i use Slate color for it, but Basalt works too), Arcturan Guards (full white, i use PC Gamer gray), and for some mechs Tamar Jagers (Raider pattern, when it is without middle lines, and red color for body, i use Buccaneer red, i got it free, and any black for arm and leg). Also, Lyran Guards, with faction pattern, and fixing colors to better white and blue.
Some default patterns like Awesome allow to do Royal Guards, with blue body and gold sides.
And of course Lyran Regulars, with different shades of green.
Here some examples
Spoiler

#20 Mar-X-maN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

I would **** with Katherine on the grounds she being female.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users