#21 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostKribson, on 14 November 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

They should absolutley introduce 3rd person for the people that have problems steering their mech. Moreover there should be an option to activate an aim bot for people having problems with that. Another great idea would be a to add an infinite ammo and armor mode, cause i noticed some people find it difficult to evade enemy fire...

Whatever you do...in the end the game should become as boring and least challenging as possible

What if we add quicktime events to replace knockdowns and bumping? Maybe some touchscreen support, and regenerating internals?

#22 Tigridor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany/Hungary

No 3PV!!!! In a Training Map to learn and understant your Mech, how jump, twist torso, or move, the 3rd PV is ok!!But this Game is a Mechworrior Simulater, and Not a 3P Shooter!!

#23 aspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

View PostSean von Steinike, on 14 November 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

3rd person during play is lame, but a replay feature after the match where you could go 3rd person or freecam would be welcome

^ This.

#24 Thaddius

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

It should be a limited 3rd person if they do it at all. I do not want to see people spotting over a mountain using some camera view from orbit.

#25 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

This will only serve to further split the community (along with pugs and premades). Once again the minority of whiners who refuse to learn how to pliot a mech are getting their way. This is a dangerous move for PGI.

#26 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

View Postdeadeye mcduck, on 14 November 2012 - 04:51 AM, said:

This will only serve to further split the community (along with pugs and premades). Once again the minority of whiners who refuse to learn how to pliot a mech are getting their way. This is a dangerous move for PGI.

Imagine all the wasted manhours of people behind the awesome cockpits. They'll never be looked at again if they roll out 3rd person.

#27 Alex Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

View Postarkani, on 14 November 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

It seems new players have problem with torso twist, legs and movement and the coordination required to pilot the mech, according to Russ.
So they want to help, by showing via the 3rd person view.

I wonder if new players aren't confused why they aren't getting any XP or able to customize their mechs :) .

And I wonder what comes first: the ability to pilot the mech, or managing to grind enough c-bills to buy it.

#28 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

View Postdeadeye mcduck, on 14 November 2012 - 04:51 AM, said:

Not like the community isn't already split. So far the factions we have are: Founders, Premium Players, Free Players, People that think that economy needs fixing, People that don't think the economy needs fixing, etc... This is just one more split in a long line of splits and if this continues there won't be a game to play. Although, I would put 3rd person far, far, far down on the feature list since there are more pressing matters like the economy and balancing of weapons etc...

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 14 November 2012 - 04:56 AM.

#29 FunkyFritter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I'm fine with either first or third person camera, but it really should be one or the other. Giving players an option that puts them at a disadvantage is bad design and as already mentioned splitting the playerbase isn't a good idea.

#30 Oriius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 14 November 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

No one's gonna use first person if you can see around corners, and over hills.

That right there is why I feel it should not be put in.

It would change the "feel" of the game for me from a "sim" to a "3rd person action" game, could be a deal breaker for a lot of people here it seems.

Adding in some movment/fire tutorials people can play before jumping in might well help out those new players who struggle.
As someone who has only just started, it would be, in my opinion, better to go the in-game playable tutorial rout, would have been nice to get a feel before jumping in.

#31 CrazyCatDaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

View Postarkani, on 14 November 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

Why and How?
It seems new players have problem with torso twist, legs and movement and the coordination required to pilot the mech, according to Russ.
So they want to help, by showing via the 3rd person view.

Yah... its not the non existing tutorials, the lacking new player experience or the utter bullcrap that calls itself ui.
Its the first person view that give new players a hard time into this game.

Nice twisting the reality....

#32 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 14 November 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

Not like the community isn't already split. So far the factions we have are: Founders, Premium Players, Free Players, People that think that economy needs fixing, People that don't think the economy needs fixing, etc... This is just one more split in a long line of splits and if this continues there won't be a game to play. Although, I would put 3rd person far, far, far down on the feature list since there are more pressing matters like the economy and balancing of weapons etc...

Has that stopped them from moving not very important features up the schedule?

View PostOriius, on 14 November 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

That right there is why I feel it should not be put in.

It would change the "feel" of the game for me from a "sim" to a "3rd person action" game, could be a deal breaker for a lot of people here it seems.

Adding in some movment/fire tutorials people can play before jumping in might well help out those new players who struggle.
As someone who has only just started, it would be, in my opinion, better to go the in-game playable tutorial rout, would have been nice to get a feel before jumping in.

I'm out if 3rd person gets implemented. There's just no appeal in it. We already played jump snipers warrior 4, and leg sim 3rd person years ago. I'd hope they'd not repeat these past mistakes.

#33 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

As part of a tutorial mission(s), or part of some other simplified mode to let players get used to torso twist sure... But don't split the player base over it...

#34 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 14 November 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Has that stopped them from moving not very important features up the schedule?

Nope and they should have learned about important features. Frankly, the way they are designing this game I'm surprised that it's still even going.

#35 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Does MWO need or should have 3rd person?

No it does not need that at all. I would rather play World of Tanks again than waste
time on this game in a 3rd person setup. What is the next ******** stupid thing they
will add? target lock?

#36 deputydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 406 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

If my 6 year old daughter can do torso twist then noobs can do it. Put a toggle in to auto center if you let go and it will fix it.
Adding 3rd person gives a huge advantage and needs to be only for spectator mode..

#37 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Just to add some balance from the new player & non-founder side...

This is a terrible idea.

3rd person is never an option if avaliable in pvp, but a necessity. Forcing 3rd person at this stage will ruin MWO's playerbase faster than any balance decision could. Never mind that learning torso twist isn't difficult in the slightest. The only control aspect giving me trouble is adjusting FPS reflexes to throttle on W/S. If you can't rotate viewpoint with a mouse then 3rd person won't save you.

As far as spectator-only goes, less terrible but still bad. Dead guys can still VOIP.

#38 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

I'd still play MWO if they added 3rd person POV but I'd be worried as to the direction the game is taking if they did.

This is after stating that there's to be no 3rd person. Fine they're entitled to change their minds but what's more concerning is that the willingness to dumb things down even more. Make it even more simplistic.

Not to mention the FOV exploits that will come into play with 3rd person view.

#39 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

They should not add 3rd person.

If players are having trouble visualizing how torso twisting works its because the HUD is poorly designed.

#40 w0rm

• Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Also I'd like to have aimassist, no repair costs and a Hello Kitty paint job.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users