Ac2 Bull*** Is Getting Out Of Hand ! Fix / Nerf Asap.

258 replies to this topic

#1 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sadly the ease with which the multiple AC builds tear apart ANYTHING is just depressing. They core and crit with ridiculous ease. Unless you are very fast you are meat. Only build right now where you know you have to leave or die no matter your armament.

The cockpit shake BS from a small AC2 is what makes it the most stupid.

Edited by WarZ, 14 November 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#2 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts
  • LocationFactory, Solaris VII

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

maybe they are tearing YOU apart but they certainly dont tear anything and everything. have you even used AC2 before? they are pretty unwieldy vs any moving target. i suggest dont stand still.

#3 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

lol they really dont though... They just make things shake around and then they over heat. Now if you're standing still getting plinked in the head... techincally take 9 shots in a row. Moving or cover should disperse the damage. Watching the videos it takes people with 3 FOREVER TO KILL ****!

#4 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

AC/2s are really well balanced right now - they're dangerous and annoying without being overly powerful.

If you want a scary experience, try going toe-to-toe with a dual AC/20 cat.

#5 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostWarZ, on 14 November 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Sadly the ease with which the multiple AC builds tear apart ANYTHING is just depressing. They core and crit with ridiculous ease. Unless you are very fast you are meat. Only build right now where you know you have to leave or die no matter your armament.

just move at all and they have a hell of a hard time tracking you lol i havent run into an AC build that isnt avoidable by simply walking around a corner and leveling him when he gives chase

#6 Kelb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

The AC2 is an harrasment wepon. You are possibly being hit by multiple targets, only just don't realize it.

#7 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

its crappy because you cant look away when you fire it

otherwise its great

Edited by Broceratops, 14 November 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#8 Major Dick

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

mehh I rolled with 2 AC2 on my dragon, I'd light people up hardcore the entire match and would finish middle of the road in damage. I switched to 1 gauss and my damage was probably 30%-50% higher. The numbers don't add up on paper, but that is how it rolled out. Essentially the dual AC2s is good for rocking your opponent, so they can't aim for ****.

#9 Scytale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

My experience in running a Hunchback with dual AC/2 is that while I can track a moving target and hit it fairly reliably at long range, I pretty much have to stand still to do it. I can engage moving targets at short range while I'm also moving, but I can't spam the shots continually. This, on top of the very low AC/2 damage, makes the weapon balanced. The psychological effect of getting hit by these things continually shouldn't be underestimated, though.

Having tried it for some time, however, I've decided it's not my style; it takes a certain demeanour to use these things =P

#10 Keifomofutu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts
  • LocationLloydminster

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

YES! THE AC 2 IS FINALLY OP!

I'm so excited this has never happened in any mechwarrior game ever!

#11 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

even triple ac/2 dragons are not that op, albeit great harassment and fire support they are not a primary attack mech .

and even the quad ac/2 cicada comes up quite ineffective .

ac/2s are now useful, a lil to heavy still but at least its an option and provides for a alternative play style .

easily countered, ammo dependent, and high heat maintenance cripples ac/2s enough to make them NOT op.

Posted Image3rd

Edited by nitra, 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#12 Cragger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Um.. I ran 3 AC/2s for the ROF giggles for a little bit on a Hunchback G. While it was amusing it certainly really wasn't that effective. Switching back to the AC20 and adapting to using it was far more effective.

#13 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

OP probably is running a gaussapult and is upset that he can't aim anymore when people are pelting him with AC2 rounds.

Would you like some cheese OP? ;)

#14 Cpt Grunge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hang in here guys Im trying to get it to work...

#15 SD 47

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Just remember, this game is Supposed™ to have a knockdown mechanic. If we are complaining about our HUD bouncing around now, just think of how much things will suck when that Atlas has knockdown strikes.

#16 Cpt Grunge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

HAHA I GOT IT!

Edited by Cpt Grunge, 14 November 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#17 G4M3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

LMAO AC2 op. I was being chased by a Dragon with two AC2's, ignored him. Killed his team mates harassing me first, then decided to kill him last. If AC2 was op, I wouldn't be able to do that.

Edited by G4M3R, 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#18 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

i think the shake could be dialed down a bit... the weapon isnt OP, THE SHAKE IS! i cant even respond against triple ac2, cant see any thing, cant aim... yet i get hit with an ac20 my mech is like, meh....

#19 Cpt Grunge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Wow I thought that would have been a hit.... You know, when there plowing you with triple AC2's you gotta move....

#20 Memory

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNYC, NY

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostWarZ, on 14 November 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Can't quite see where you're coming from on this. I pilot a dragon and when I stand face to face with other Dragons who use 3 AC2 setups i core them every time. It's a simple matter of DPS. If your opponent is actually using the AC s correctly they have 12 DPS TOPS. my dragon builds have 15 and 13.8 depending on the variant, and many other mechs can out-dps a 3 AC2 build with little issue.

The key is being aware of your DPS vs your enemy and if you don't have a higher DPS than 12, use hit-and-run. AC2 builds have a serious drawback in that their alpha strike is pathetic.

Easy.

Edited by Memory, 14 November 2012 - 08:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users