Arm Aim Off Or I Just Suck?

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Arm Aiming problems (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Is your arm aim with arm-mounted balistic weapons off?

1. No, no problem (2 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Yes, but only small (1 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Yes, moderate problems (8 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

4. Yes, misses almost every time (2 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. I hit everything but the broadside of a barn (1 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SageOfBattle

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

I've been playing with the Iliya Muromets, and I've noticed that the AC/5s in the arms are hard as hell to aim. They seem to follow behind the circular reticule when fired, and it's annoying when I have a good lead on a Jenners or other fast-mover, only to miss completely with what would be a good hit with any other weapon.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I just that bad :(

Edited by SageOfBattle, 05 December 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#2 neviu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Count in lag to

#3 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostSageOfBattle, on 05 December 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I've been playing with the Iliya Muromets, and I've noticed that the AC/5s in the arms are hard as hell to aim. They seem to follow behind the circular reticule when fired, and it's annoying when I have a good lead on a Jenners or other fast-mover, only to miss completely with what would be a good hit with any other weapon.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I just that bad :(

Been having issues with the CTF-4X. There was a time when arm mounted ballistics shot where you pointed and I doubt they removed that on purpose.

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I run a Cicada with an AC 20 in the left torso. When I fire, I have to usually aim at a shoulder for a quick fire if I epect to hit. Sometimes, at longer ranges though, it actually hits where my reticule is... So I don't know but I've had to adjust my own aim to counter this.

Just something I myself have noticed. But this isn't since this last patch with me.

#5 Veevslav

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

The ballistics type of weapons firing system is off. It does not fire where you are currently tracking but where you were when you fired... sometimes.....

The netcode is bad and has gotten worse. As has the gameplay.

#6 Ginga121

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

I've found that sometimes they are off... But sometimes I have just aimed quickly and fired before my arms have actually finished turning to where I am now facing.

Arm movement isn't as instant as looking around is.

#7 FallenFactol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTulsa

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hopefully when they fix the next code the problem will go away.

#8 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

I've had times when I shot, and I knew I was going to miss because when I hit the button, I was a fraction too fast and that when I clicked, I wasn't on target, but had swung it into target before the graphic fired. It shot where I had hit the button, not where the gun was pointed to as it was shooting. But, I expected that.

What got me was when I have a perfect shot at a stationary, shut down mech. I line it up, shoot! And I miss over his shoulder even though the reticule should have been somewhere near the center chest, head area. But the best one for me so far, was a shot going right through my target like they weren't even there. Happened 3 times to me on one map before.

I do hope they fix that, along with the lag between firing an AC and it actually shooting. I have missed so many shots because I clicked when the target was there, and by the time it decided to shoot, my target was no where near.

I'm surprised the video above didn't mention the shots that are no where near on target. I've had shots that I fired off, and they went way to the side of me. No even straight, but like it came out the shoulder of my mech like I was looking to one side or another. (Basically, instead of firing straight where my targeting system was showing, it shot not even near on my screen. All I see is the graphic of my shot starting, and then traveling completely to the side. This typically happens with LRMs, but I've had it happen a couple times with my AC. Sucks when I have an ally standing next to me, and I hit him when my guns re pointed forwards...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users