10 replies to this topic

#1 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

After redesign i mentioned that "remember me" is not working, i filled a ticket about it that was declined as "Known issue". Ok.

AND WHAT HAVE U (PGI) DONE???

U removed this option. Nice fix. Now i have to relogin every half an hour. I can't press f5 every 10 minutes just to stay logged in. I'm really tied of this relogins. Please, bring "remember me" back or increase session time to at least a day.

There is really no valuable reason for such short session time.

Edited by Vovochka404, 15 November 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#2 Dagnome

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 906 posts
  • LocationNew Hampster

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

The way they have it now it is harder for an individual to get his or her account information "stolen". Just save your log in info in your web browser. I never have an issue with the "Session timeout" stop leaving your browser open for an hour without activity.

#3 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostDagnome, on 15 November 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

The way they have it now it is harder for an individual to get his or her account information "stolen". Just save your log in info in your web browser. I never have an issue with the "Session timeout" stop leaving your browser open for an hour without activity.

Do u really understand how stupid it is to "save your log in info in your web browser"? It's more unsafe then any of ur thoughts about long timeout.
Okay, now let's pretend, that this is a security reason due to money transactions or what ever account stilling or anything else.
My google account is much, much more valuable nether this one. And do u no why google's sessions lasts weeks? Because it is normal.
U don't have any "session timeout issues" only because u don't realy understand what "session timeout" is really is.

#4 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I only log in to MWO website from two comps, and both belong to me and are used by my girlfriend and myself only so I don't care about my account being stolen. Just bring "Remember me" option back for anyone who wants to use it. And I would also like the game client to remember my password, so I don't have to type it each time i restart game because it crashed.

#5 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

I completely agree with OP. This is ridiculous. Almost every other website, including most email providers, allows you to stay logged in. Whether I'm just browsing the forums or keeping my stats page open, there is nothing more irritating than having to log in so often. If I'm dumb enough to have "pants" as my password, I deserve to have my account stolen. You should trust that everyone here is a big boy and understands the risks of the internet. Extend session time, make a stay-logged-in option, make a remember-my-username option - whatever. Whatever you do, just do it.

#6 Minthos

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Yep, I completely agree. Typing in my password several times per day is very annoying and entirely unnecessary.

Edited by Minthos, 21 November 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#7 Hammer RLG

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

agreed, please bring at least the option back to "remember me"! it is tiring and annoying to retype my email address every time i log in. it would be great to have the checkbox to 'stay logged in' as well for those that want it. most every site does, even commercial web sites.

#8 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

workaround, use:
http://mwomercs.com/login

this page save the PW on firefox and autofill it every time i visit it. So, at least i don't have to type it in manually.
Just open the page, click on LOGIN and its ok.
Before i post in this forum i visit this page to auto-login with the help of this page.

Type in the PW manually is sooooo 1998 ...

this forum is .... very BETA.

#9 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Heh, I'd just like it to remember where I was in the last ten minutes.

Start from general discussion area, click on thread, post, hit back button......profile page? wtf? AND it's random too for fun!

At least now I can read a post not logged in, hit login and low and behold....it stays on the page I was on....that took months to fix, just wait, they will get it....but don't hold any breath while waiting.

#10 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

They need to keep "Remember me" away or forum security might be breached, obviously.

#11 Stradius

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm sorry but anyone suggesting the whole "but it's for your safety!!" needs to wake up. It's a load of crap and I don't need a nanny. I've never, ever, been compromised by a forum's remember me function and there should be no reason why that would be the case now. Unless PGI has no confidence in their ability to maintain the forum and relative login system. Then that would spell doom for the rest of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users