Ask The Devs 25!

186 replies to this topic

#21 Sp4wNers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Q1: When DX11 will be implemented to the game?
Q2: What about FPS bug? After few games i'm getting only 2-4 fps and need to restart my MW:O client.
Q3: When destructible environment will be in the game? Trees, cars, small objects?
Q4: What about mechs compiuter voice? "Systems online" etc.? Will it be in the game?
Q5. Will it be any way to exchange my EXP to get GXP without paying MCs?
Q6: Will you make FF better than today? I mean it doesnt really change anything when it comes to protection.
Q7: Are you really want to implement 3rd person view to this game? I don't think it will work....
Q8: i think some weapons need to be patched. just like medium or large lasers... Sometimes i'm getting killed by 3-4 shoots from medium/large laser at my torso. It's not fair :/ (I don't have any ammo)

EDIT: Q9: I love the metal scratching in Hawken (only thing i really like), when mech come close to the wall, will we be able to hear similar sounds?

I think that's all :)

Edited by Sp4wNers, 16 November 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#22 von Pilsner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Will you (please) listen to the community and not institute 3rd person in combat?

#23 ObsidianSpectre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

What changes, if any, are you planning to make to the XP system over the next few months?

#24 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Any plans at the office for a MWO Christmas event yet? Perhaps just 2x exp/C-bill bonus for a week or something? Just curious. :)

#25 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Will we see the ARROW IV as a mech mountable weapon like in MW2:mercs, or will that strictly be an airstrike type of weapon that will need a TAG or NARC to use?

EDIT: second question: Will any of the 'reseen' make it into the game?

Edited by skarrd, 16 November 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#26 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Are there/have there been internal tests comparing the differences in combat performance characteristics of Projectile Weapons when weapons converge to the reticule at a distance determined by the rangefinder (current system), and when weapons converge on the reticule as a function of actual distance-to-target as determined by the targeting system?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 November 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#27 ObsidianSpectre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Ferro armor is kinda terrible right now. What are the plans for making it a more worthwhile purchase?

#28 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

SLI/Crossfire??? I know, I'm a broken record.

#29 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Will the EMP-niose effect from incoming PPC impacts stack in magnitude (?), or will a single PPC cause the highest possible effect with successive or multiple simultaneous blasts only lenghening the duration?

#30 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Clans and Clan mechs came up a lot in the recent live chat. Hand-in-hand with Clan tech comes the discussion about and desire to cross-tech (ie. place Clan equipment in Innersphere mechs.) Obviously this is down the road a ways, so firm answers couldn't be expected. But, could you at least tell us what the devlopment team's vision is for Clan tech in regard to cross-teching?

Thanks

#31 Logen Ninefingers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 127 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Could you please consider to implement 3rd person view only for a tutorial level running locally (no need to run it in your servers) with a stationary Atlas on it?
Newbies can learn movement, heatmanagment, weapon groupings (no need to implement this in mechlab... :) ) etc. there...
Could also be useful for vets with new mechs or weapons...
...and to see your mechs paintjob...

Edited by Kottlewski, 16 November 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#32 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Are there any interesting player or gameplay statistics you could share?

#33 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

1. In what way will omnimechs be different from standard mechs?

2. Many consider the heat scale especially for energy weapons high. Do you see clan mechs overheating very quickly in their stock setup? (for instance the Daishi has 4 ER Large Lasers and the Masakari has 4 ER PPCs)

3. Repair bills are very high and sometimes even exceed earnings per match. Will clantech be even more expensive or will this somehow get balanced?

4. Are there plans to include future tech such as snub-nose PPC, plasma cannon, rotary AC, or light fusion engines?

5. Speaking of clan invasion, if we do not have clan tech and we aren't fighting NPCs, how will we initially face off against clan mechs?

Edited by Tastian, 16 November 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#34 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Apologies if this has been asked in a previous Q&A but are any more Inner Sphere battlemechs going to be announced prior to the clan invasion or is the Blackjack it for the foreseeable future?

#35 PhigNewtenz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Just one question this time:

When can we expect support for analog control of Mech turn rate with a Joystick or other continuous output controller?

#36 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Couple of question on my mind:

#1 Are there any chances that the battle results screem gets an overhaul?
Especially the way how the displayed dealt damage is calculated bugs me.
IMO the dealt damage should be only what it implies, not modified with the hitpoints of shot off limbs.

And me wants the repair and ammunition costs displayed as well...

#2 Are there any plans to fully implement a weapon modul system to display the individually equipped weapons on the mech model itself?

#3 Are there any plans to implement an alternate pilot model? With shorts and a cooling vest?

#4 Are the any plans to implement an optional manual setting of weapon convergence?

#5 Are PGI and IGP located in the same building?

Edited by Ragor, 16 November 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#37 Amerante

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Just like in the Ask the devs 24! :

Are there any plans (that does not involve MC) for Master level mechs in mechlab, or they will just pile up EXP?
(http://mwomercs.com/...d-out-variants/)
(A toggle option to instead of gaining XP, you could get 5% more CB -in addition to Founders' / Hero, OR a bit more GXP / match, or anything you can come up with.)

Because:
For now, it feels a bit wasteful to play with master level mechs. The variants I wish to unlock will have their place in my mechlab, I will pay those hangar slots. It isn't worth converting to GXP, because eventually I will have the pilot tree upgrades aswell, and i have plenty of time to do that. However the simple fact that those XPs doesn't make any good for me unless i convert them to GXP (which I have plenty and will have even more anyway) bothers me. This little thing actually keeps away from my favourite mechs, and I will have the same feeling as soon as I mastered the other mechs as well.

Another Question:
For the free to play players have you considered a one time money injection? like 5Mill CB after the 10th win? this onetime boost could help them a lot, and they get their first mech much faster (even a bigger one). Because the first real mech is where the fun begins.
There isn't really a serious economy you should protect, since there is no trade between players. This onetime boost _may_ help new players.
(and the numbers just examples)

#38 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Can I get a "Hood Ornament" for my Dragon's nose?

#39 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Many players have critiqued the current XP system. Any chance - no specifics, just probability of it eventually happening - of Mech and Pilot Skill Trees eventually being changed to allow pilots to specialize, rather than just be "better in all ways." In other words, more of an XP tree than just generic skills that everyone will eventually have?

#40 Viperfdl

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Q1: Are the AC-effects final or is it planned to give them similar effects like in MW3 with a burst of multiple projectiles and recoil?
Q2: Can we have weapongroup assignment in Mechlab?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users