2926 replies to this topic

#2921 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Idea 1: Move the camera lower and employ a "Fog of War" so that you cannot see more than 30m around your 'mech while in 3PV (as either literal fog or everything beyond 30m is blurred out).

Idea 2: Move the camera to crotch height so players can actually see their legs (which is supposedly the major point of 3PV)

Idea 3: Move the camera to the actual drone, add artificial fuzz/lines so it looks like you're actually looking at a remote camera instead of the pilot floating outside the cockpit. If the drone is indestructible, at least make it (and therefore the camera) get knocked around if it gets shot. ECM/PPC fire should also static it out. When switching between 1pv/3pv and vice-versa, employ a wait time for the camera drone to deploy and be retrieved. The view will remain from the drone's PoV as long as it's not attached to the 'mech. The faster your 'mech is moving, the harder it will be for the drone to be retrieved in a timely fashion.

#2922 SinJinn

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 06 August 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Idea 3: Move the camera to the actual drone, add artificial fuzz/lines so it looks like you're actually looking at a remote camera instead of the pilot floating outside the cockpit. If the drone is indestructible, at least make it (and therefore the camera) get knocked around if it gets shot. ECM/PPC fire should also static it out. When switching between 1pv/3pv and vice-versa, employ a wait time for the camera drone to deploy and be retrieved. The view will remain from the drone's PoV as long as it's not attached to the 'mech. The faster your 'mech is moving, the harder it will be for the drone to be retrieved in a timely fashion.

I really like this idea. It would actually add to the immersion. Great suggestion!

#2923 Stewbawl

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

i look forward to using 3rd person view and can't wait to see my own mech running around on the battlefield.

it's unfortunate that so many people are being so outspoken in their hatred of it and i honestly feel that they're comments are a bit over the top and unrealistically enhancing any benefit that 3rd person view may have.

i hope that the negative talk you see here in the forums will not dissuade you from implementing 3rd person view and i believe that the end result will not affect your sales very much. i know that as far as i'm concerned i will be more likely to purchase hero mechs if i have the ability to see the cool paint job in game and not just in my mech hanger.

#2924 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Nah, I don't care much about third person view. Give me a rear view mirror and the possibility to rear-mount weapons!

#2925 Maethos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostSinJinn, on 05 August 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

I'm going to put a copy of this comment over here in hopes that it gets noticed.

Ok, I have seen it now and understand people's concerns. A field of vision like this is such an extreme advantage that anyone playing from 1PV would suffer for playing the game as it was intended to be played.

It is very pretty and should be offered but at an extreme cost to the pilot. People in 3PV get zero information. No heat, targeting, mini map, compass, weapons, paperdoll.... all but cross hairs are gone.

If you want info... get in your bloody mech and pilot it from the cockpit where your displays are!

**Suggestion: make having "limited" display info in 3PV a function of weight bearing scout exclusive and command modules. ***

This will still not ballence the advantage over 1pv. Once melee weapons go into effect 3pve high alpha(close range) and melee builds will over run the field. No need to aim when you you just run into someone and fire,melee ans knock them over. Melee & collision will be apart of the game and will give 3pv a advantage. One thing that separates a exp light pilot from the noob is being able to handle the speed of the mech and be effective, 3pve removes the learning curve. For lights being hard to see is part of it pros verus its cons of light armour and weapons and is part of the ballence system struck between the mech classes.

For bringing new life to mwo, maybe a lobby would wonders and would be a better place to focus on then 3pv atm. It might a year ago when they said 1pv was the core game and long into the future would 3pv be looked at, but it was also year ago that they wanted to go live before calling it open beta but still having us use are mc up on a non-release version. A lobby should have been main focus, then maybe we would feel connected and not have to use the fourms so much. A light pve element with no reward advantage would have expanded our base.

for 3pve training grounds,pve missions/training and even private natches would be fine down the road after some content, ballencing, lobby and etc. I want mwo to become a great game and support it buying packages and mechs, but at this stage of the game it seems all over the place and not ready once again for launch.

I will admit that some form of 3pv will have to be introduced and will have a server set for console port like WOT is doing now, but not until we have a community. We have no real community going atm outside of old clans from prior mwo titles and the like forming here and without a voip and lobby new blood can feel overwhelmed. I don't think the view point is chasing people away its the lack of connection IMO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users