4 replies to this topic

#1 DaffyGKH

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Having a 'deserter' mechanic would knock out several birds with one stone. We've all been in those matches where there's one (or, if you're very unlucky, two) persons who decide to trash YOUR game because THEY are farming, and end up losing the match for the entire team. After they suicide rush or blow themselves up, they quit the match.

There ought' to be a mechanic in place that disallows players to join another match until their current one is over, regardless of mech availability.

(IDEA SUBJECT TO CHANGES. Will post edits below this text.)

#2 Hellboy561

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

A lock out after a couple of disconnects would be nice, but it'll be hard for the game to recognise an actual DC to someone hitting ALT+F4 before they die or the suicide runners.

I have to say though, since the economy patch i have seen alot less suicide runs.

#3 DaffyGKH

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostHellboy561, on 03 January 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

A lock out after a couple of disconnects would be nice, but it'll be hard for the game to recognise an actual DC to someone hitting ALT+F4 before they die or the suicide runners.

I have to say though, since the economy patch i have seen alot less suicide runs.

That's a valid point to bring up. Now that I've thought about it more, there are -a lot- of variables and conditions and little things that could put a lot of holes into any attempted 'deserter' system. Then again, maybe I'm overthinking it and you're closer to right than I was in the OP. A simple 10 minute lockout after 2 disconnects within 10 minutes, or something along those lines.

Edited by DaffyGKH, 03 January 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#4 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

can;t you block users in social? does that stop them from dropping into your games?

I think that would be the best option... shun the ******** into oblivion

#5 DaffyGKH

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostFirewuff, on 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

can;t you block users in social? does that stop them from dropping into your games?

I think that would be the best option... shun the ******** into oblivion

That is an EXCELLENT idea!

Although, people could exploit that, and it would end up being a terrible thing in the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users