Greetings Marik. Hoping You Can Help Me Understand Something.

10 replies to this topic

#1 DJGSnax

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Greetings Marik,

As an introduction I'm fairly new to MWO, have been playing for a few weeks now, usually a few hours per day. I played MW 2 and 3 extensively years ago and have been gaming since constantly so MWO hasn't been too hard to pick up for the basics.

After a lot of trial mech play I've picked up a Jenner-D and modified it heavily as well as upgraded it's skills and am getting pretty good results in random drop games but as a primarily scout/harasser play type I'm getting bored with the obvious lack of teamwork, and even though I try over team messaging I rarely get any real cooperative play (I'm also pretty good with the stock Cat in a support role and will probably end up picking up a heavy next).

So my question is how is the team/group play stuff working in this Open Beta MWO world? And the reason I'm asking here is that after refreshing my Battletech lore and canon I'm pretty sure House Marik is where I'd want to be (it also seems like a pretty rad group of laid back individuals).

I've read the forums, poked around the House Marik web site and I understand that there is no official faction support as of yet, but I can't work out how people are managing to set up team play aside from everyone using Teamspeak channels simultaneously (I've downloaded and installed teamspeak and poked around in the Education channel with no real result). Despite numerous forum threads on the subject I can't seem to get a real grasp on how teams are coordinating in here.

Maybe I'm missing something here but say I wanted to try out a few games with some established teams, how does it get set up so team members are all in the same game and playing together?

If any you fine House Marik players could enlighten me, both as to how this is done and where I can go to possibly get some team game time here in the house, even just to test the waters, it would be awesome.

PS. I'm in the PST time zone and can typically get in a few hours in the PM and probably a few scattered games on the weekends. Am looking for casual, fun team play.

This is starting to sound way too much like a profile on a dating site so I'm stopping here. :(

Edited by DJGSnax, 18 November 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#2 Lord Mortak

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

The Marik Teamspeak info is on the Marik Enjin site. You said you were there, it is under Forums, Private Teamspeak information. Lots of organized Marik teams and players are on most days. I am personnally with the Desert Rats (DRs). Get on there and you should be able to find good players and groups to drop with in organized teams.
Good luck.

#3 Kai Lae

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

It's pretty simple. Log into the teamspeak channel, log into game. Look for drop bay that has less than 4 players in it. Move to that bay and ask "hey, you all need another?" Get grouped and start doing drops.

#4 DJGSnax

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostKai Lae, on 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

It's pretty simple. Log into the teamspeak channel, log into game. Look for drop bay that has less than 4 players in it. Move to that bay and ask "hey, you all need another?" Get grouped and start doing drops.

See that's good info already. I didn't know that there was a 4 pilot cap on the drop bays. So once that is together are you set up as a group in the MWO client and then launch from that group?

Also thanks Lord Mortak for the quick info. I've put in an application at the Marik Enjin site and found the teamspeak info. that gives me a good start.

#5 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Great news. I see you have filled out the the application and it has been approved. Please introduce yourself there at http://housemarik.en...ewforum/1390286 so we all know who you are. You will find out quick that we are a very welcoming to new members.

You can then get the info for our private FWLM Teamspeak server and jump on in. There is no rush to join a sub Unit right away. We have always suggested to new members to play with us for a while and get to know us and how some of us play. Once you feel comfortable in our faction, you can do some research and inquire about any unit you wish to join.

Again, there is no requirement or rush to join a sub unit. You will still find several of us waiting for a pilot to complete a drop bay.

See you on the other side, my friend.

#6 DJGSnax

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 19 November 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

Great news. I see you have filled out the the application and it has been approved. Please introduce yourself there at http://housemarik.en...ewforum/1390286 so we all know who you are. You will find out quick that we are a very welcoming to new members.

You can then get the info for our private FWLM Teamspeak server and jump on in. There is no rush to join a sub Unit right away. We have always suggested to new members to play with us for a while and get to know us and how some of us play. Once you feel comfortable in our faction, you can do some research and inquire about any unit you wish to join.

Again, there is no requirement or rush to join a sub unit. You will still find several of us waiting for a pilot to complete a drop bay.

See you on the other side, my friend.

Many thanks!

#7 Asmaday

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

How can i get access to view this page.
http://housemarik.en...ewforum/1390286

Who can tell me?

#8 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

That forum no longer exists, as it was completely recreated a few months ago.

New forum Introductions link.

#9 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

Good news everyone! The medical advances in the FWLM are so extraordinary as to be confused with necromancy!

#10 wasder Unplugged

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

hey guys
I need permisson ot drop into the unit drop bays. at some point i did but after reinstalling the TS i lost permissions. can anyone help me with this issue, i still play for the 1st regulan hussars, vince magnum said get intouch with Stingray, but i never see him on! can anyone help me please or advice me on the subject?

#11 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:19 PM

Roadbeer and Fox Parker were helping people get setup Yesterday. You might hop into the lobby and try to flag one down. Or goto the Help channel. IIRC there is a post on the forums with information about troubleshooting new installations of TS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users