Piranha Hunt - Nov. 21St!

28 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hey everyone! Want a chance to gloat about taking out Paul, Garth, Bryan, or the elusive Russ? We’ll be online, one at a time, between 6 and 8pm PST this Wednesday the 21st. So come join us! Details can be found at this link.

#2 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Aaaaah I would love to play along...but sadly I'm not able to join because it's at the wrong time ^^

Anyway I wish you the best luck vs our great community and I hope there will be some more events like this at some other time of day. ;)

#3 Dagnome

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 906 posts
  • LocationNew Hampster

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

As in the other thread yall should be restricted to trial mechs because that would be funny. ;)

Watch them roll out with clan mechs...

#4 Shawn Kerensky

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

I could really care less about shooting at Devs, I'd rather have the patch notes or if the patch isn't coming out AGAIN on time something about it first before some silly event. How about some priorities Piranha?

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostShawn Kerensky, on 19 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

I could really care less about shooting at Devs, I'd rather have the patch notes or if the patch isn't coming out AGAIN on time something about it first before some silly event. How about some priorities Piranha?

What a killjoy! Cheer up sour puss. Patch notes will come when they are ready.

#6 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 438 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostShawn Kerensky, on 19 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

MWO is basically live. They have to juggle running it as a live game and finishing it. The fact that there are only four out of their 40 or so members that are doing this is a sign that they're trying to do just that. They're letting us shoot at their more prominent members while everyone else works.

#7 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

What a great idea from PGI. Allowing everyone who is frustrated with the progress of the game to hunt them down with Mech's and pitch forks. I think this sacrifice says a lot about PGI's staff's character.

#8 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Cool idea. Fix CTDs.

#9 Calmon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Use TAG and LRM boats in this games only. Its consired the 'hard' mode.

Seriously show us the use of LRMs in current game!

#10 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDetention Block 23, Death Star

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Finish the game and I would love to join in. Right now my jenner rubber bands everywhere, my gauss shots don't register damage, I continually crash to desktop, I have to drop because of the 4fps bug and each game leaves me with a pilot who is either credit farming or quits after taking some damage to keep his K/D ratio looking good.

I would rather hear they were working to fix these issues tomorrow.

That all said, perhaps I will show up to hit them 4 times in the CT with my GaussCat to register no damage, drop to 4fps so I can't see them, watch them drop once the take some damage to avoid anyone getting bragging rights and then I can CTD without knowing who won the match.

Sounds like a blast.

(sorry for the rant, but perhaps some is deserved.)

#11 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Hey Devs, hey guys...

...you four need to do this more often! When I read this, I thought "oh my G..". Awesome idea!

6-8 pm PST = 2-4 am CET :unsure:

I got a whole readyroom full of european PPC-jockeys waiting to burn their name in your pelt. Yet, our Comstar-Jumpship "The Greenwich" has its Mechbays closed for that time.

#12 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostTerran123rd, on 19 November 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

MWO is basically live. They have to juggle running it as a live game and finishing it. The fact that there are only four out of their 40 or so members that are doing this is a sign that they're trying to do just that. They're letting us shoot at their more prominent members while everyone else works.

Uhmm...did you have a look at the time friend?

This is simply 4 devs making a long evening in the office and having some fun. What they should do way more often!

And: you can bet youre behind that about the whole office can be found in game, trying around and having fun...but without official name or something.

#13 Firefun

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Awesome idea. :unsure:

#14 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

I will be there....

If one of the developers winds up dropping on my team, I will do my level best to keep him alive. It's the least I can do to thank them for resurrecting this epic game. Of course, I'll probably end up tripping over his kills as I struggle to keep up.

If he drops on the other team... can I get a Paul bobblehead for my cockpit as a trophy for taking him out? That would take Community Warfare to a whole new level.

See you there!

#15 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

I'm going to guess they will be in custom Cataphracts <_<

Thats OK.. BRING IT :rolleyes: my Commando will still take them out.. As long as its 1 on 1..

#16 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostKingdok, on 20 November 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

I will be there....

If one of the developers winds up dropping on my team, I will do my level best to keep him alive. It's the least I can do to thank them for resurrecting this epic game. Of course, I'll probably end up tripping over his kills as I struggle to keep up.

If he drops on the other team... can I get a Paul bobblehead for my cockpit as a trophy for taking him out? That would take Community Warfare to a whole new level.

See you there!

Uhmmmm nooooo....

dont start that...you know the matches are gonna be moderated by the NGNG team?!? People will look over your shoulder from all over the world...you simply NEED TO do something special like...

... like overheating in front of them and blowing yourself to pieces.
... like going AFK to grind Cbills.
... like playing a Commando.
... like using the K2 to Gaus them away in 2 shots.
... something really really special...no one would do usually :rolleyes:

And dont forget, if in doubt...go for the Jenner!

PS: Ohh yeah...the "get out of my way you noob" is a nice statment if one of them is messing your aim.

Serious: the thing that is REALLY instresting me, will be the Vids you can see the next day on youtube (or on the NGNG site). If they show ALL matches, or only the matches that are looking good for potential customers. Will we see AFKers in their match? PUG's playing their own stuff alone? Insulting people at the end of a match? All the stuff we players encounter on our daily games...or just the nice ones...

Edited by Cole Allard, 20 November 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#17 Sid Vishus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

assuming the patch fixes the fps oh yes i want some payback for the 2 weeks of nightmare fps crap i hav been forced to endure

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

If we kill you guys, we should get custom "I killed the Devs" skin or a Garth/Paul/Russ/Bryan Bobblehead with a wearing a shirt with a target on it.

#19 Buso Senshi Zelazny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York, USA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Of course its on the day that I'm traveling home for Thanksgiving. Oh well. I'll be watching. Please do more of these :)

#20 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 November 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

If we kill you guys, we should get custom "I killed the Devs" skin or a Garth/Paul/Russ/Bryan Bobblehead with a wearing a shirt with a target on it.

hey man -- I asked first!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users