186 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

You know the drill by now, ask questions and (potentially) receive answers.

#2 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Have you listened to the overwelming vote against 3rd person view yet?

In case it gets lost...

http://mwomercs.com/...son-its-coming/

1) Will Collisions ever include crunching, grinding, sparks flying, and screen shake?

Good Ref Below:

Edited by ManDaisy, 18 November 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#3 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Will we see Dunchan Fisher make a return, considering BBetty is?

#4 Dan vuong

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Q1: Hello, I see the team is focusing very heavily on game content, and patching weapons systems ( not sure if nerfing is the best solutions to things). When will we see a patch focused on system perfermance such as Fps, and the ability to lower textures on the environment, emchs, and water down? Before We could through user.config bring down textures significanlty, now I don't see any difference in textures high to low.

Q2: Will the transition to the Clan WAr be instant on the day of invasion, or will it be a slow transition of patches bringng more and more clan stuff into game?

Q3: If ECM is brought ito the game, will LRMS receive a rebuff to deal with this countermeasure? LRMs seem pretty unpopular compared to lasers postpatch, and I would like to see a balance of ballistics, missles, and lasers ingame.

Q4: Will you guys be doing any contets in the future for holidays and other events to promote the game via C-bills, Mech Giveaway promo codes, Free MC and such?

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

What function will the Command console perform?

Why no plans to implement an in-game tutorial system (not mere video but an actual in-game boot camp or training area with specific instructional tasks) to guide pilots on the nuances fo pilotting a Battlemech?

#6 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Any guesses on when C3 will be further implemented into the game, I know it's partially in there but I would love to drop with a pug and have everyone in the channel

#7 Dan vuong

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Q5: Will I ever See my precious Warhammer that brought me to want this game on the xbox 3 years ago ;)?

#8 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

How does it feel to know that when your old and you look back at your life, your greatest achievement will have been working on this game?

#9 GenDread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Garth , Thanks for these Q&A sessions ;)

1: Would you be up for some 1 on 1 <interview chat format / email > With the 480+ members of the FWLM? Let me know and ill start gathering a questioniar for ya:)

2: Will i EVER GET my Favorit mech of all time, the ASSASSIN ?!?!?!?!?!

3: When is a "projected" date for actuall release so we can stop hearing the Release vs Beta arguments LOL

4: My mech needs cup holders... when can we get these installed?

5: Larger maps have been mentioned ... can we get an ETA on these long awaited additions?

6: Can we get an idea of the size of the hit box on the Cataphracts cockpit? big fear of the mech is that H U G E cockpit sitting at the top of the CT.

7: AC-20's do you love em???

and Finally ..... do you think that the overwhelming votes AGAINCED a 3rd person view is mainly due to the fact that since this is a 1st person based game, and billed as such, that the 3rd person based players just arn't here?

Edited by GenDread, 16 November 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#10 Dan vuong

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Q6: I Know this is mechwarrior, but eventually will be adding combined arms Ai Troops in SKirmish battles? I would love to see elemental Armors, Infantry, and a tank or too help in the fights and it would help bring out the vacancy of such important military hardware in the universe. And will we ever be able to interact with nonmech units in anymanner?

#11 Dale

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Are the devs aware that MWO does not seem to be properly utilizing multiple video cards that are in a SLI/Crossfire configuration, and instead using only one of the video cards? If so, are there plans to support SLI/Crossfire configurations in the future?

#12 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

You mentoned last "Ask the Devs" that you are looking at changing the salvage sysem. Any updates on this?

#13 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Analog turning... when will this be implemented? What needs to be done to bump this up the priority list, a please? A smiley? Please please please? ;)

I feel like other issues are getting due attention and nothing has been asked in a while about primary controls, which in my opinion should be a primary concern. If I spent as much time playing MWO as I did trying to hack controls and figure out workarounds for the lacking controls I would be pretty good by now, but being good is not what defines my MWO experience; I'm trying to have fun. To see that goal through, I am making a mechpit http://mwomercs.com/...440-my-mechpit/ , but having such sub standard support on primary controls gets frustrating from time to time. PGI, please, for the love of all things MechWarrior, forget about paint jobs and bobbleheads until at least primary infrastructure like analog turning is in place.

-Loc Nar

#14 Sokoprok

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEssex, England

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Do you expect there will be any further changes to C-Bill awards, especially following the introduction of the ability to take and hold planets, etc?

#15 Gristle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationN. E. Kentucky

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

• How will the Command Console be implemented into the game? Any ETA for when we can expect the Command Console functionality?
  • Can you give us some more information regarding the paper doll lag and the fix for critical hits that apparently was in the 11/6 patch?
  • Any chance you can post the road map the Devs are trying to follow for game features? I have the feeling the team has started to take the stance of "keep dev plans close to the vest so the forum folks don't bust our chops when stuff doesn't go as planned", and I can understand this. Something with even broad timelines (next month, next Qrtr, etc.) would give us an idea of how the game is planned to progress.

#16 AgentGG

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Will the Guardian ECM or the Beagle Active Probe be limited to any particular variants/chassis or will all mechs be able to equip these devices?

#17 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

After the community reacions on 3rd person view, are you still planning to introduce it?

#18 Sabrea

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

That last Q&A mentioned pilots doing things in the cockpit, That got me thinking.

Do you think there will be a way for us (say using MC) to change the outfit of our pilot? I'm sure Paul would love to go sporting around in a pink Jumpsuit with frills. I wouldn't mind something in red so my mech goes faster (red = faster right? lol) Obviously just graphical changes.

#19 Ezrekiel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

In the past I felt the Developer-Playerbase communication was very good, and the Devs were explaining their vision to us and making us love it.
Lately, we've been quite surprised by some decisions (DHS and 3rd Person to name just a few), so do you feel that communication is still good ?

#20 Lord Jay

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Can you provide any information regarding the future implementation of the knockdown/collision system?

What will determine if a mech falls or not after a collision?

Will there be modules or pilot skills that will help to mitigate the chance of falling after a collision?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users