#1161 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 16 April 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

All Shadow Hawks have the +25% torso twist and +5% turn speed quirk so nothing gets displayed.

Wow, I didn't know they all have those quirks. Thanks for a prompt reply!

#1162 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

wow, been playing MWO for a year now and only found this thread now. spend as much time in your mechlab as i do playing MWO, and i play every day lol. AMAZING job for setting the gold standard of mech editing!

some observations over my millions of smurfy hours:

when i choose engines, i generally want to choose near the top highest rated engines over the lower ratings, so was thinking maybe the engine list might be more convenient if it was put in reverse order - have 400std at the top of the list, 170 at the bottom. an option to have XL listed first would be nice - i personally only ever use XLs, but i'm likely in a weirdo extreme minority lol

don't know if this is feasible since i don't know anything about website programming, but would be nice to have an ammo 'toggle' so i don't need to manually drag over 10 LRM ammos onto a mech - i could click the LRM ammo toggle, then click on the mech locations to place ammo there. actually it wouldn't be bad if everything was treated this way too - putting 6 MLas or 8 DHS on a mech would be easier too. also it'd be nice if there was an option to have the 'used weapons only' checkbox always on

in weaponlab, it'd be sweet if there was an option to have the skill checkboxes always checked off

and finally, why is your ikon the same as the actual MWO ikon? when i have your page up with MWO forum tabs, i can't tell your page apart from the others which makes it hard when i'm looking for your great site!

keep up the amazing work!

#1163 Bulef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

Hi. Whence undertook value of the Tracking strength at Artemis, and what value for TAG and Narc? I can not find the primary source from developers.

I found for Artemis, but I can not find it for TAG and Narc.

Can you add a description of how TAG and Narc works as well as for Artemis in subsection "Modules and Equipment"? Thanks.

Edited by Bulef, 20 April 2014 - 04:58 AM.

#1164 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hi smurfy, are you planning on adding a section of the movement archetypes (aka, a list of what mechs fall into a particular category?)

I know it's listed in the specific torso twist section, but it makes it difficult to compare mech archetypes...

#1165 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

Smurfy:

Was messing with a BJ-1 build and noticed in the engine listings, XL engines all said 6 slots.

#1166 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

I wrote my suggestion here for the quirks section:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3314821

Basically, the quirks section should also include all mechs that deviate from the standard engine math (or at least show the global tweak for the mech) like the Shadowhawk.

#1167 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 22 April 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

XL engines all said 6 slots.

will fix the display issue soon

View PostDeathlike, on 22 April 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Basically, the quirks section should also include all mechs that deviate from the standard engine math (or at least show the global tweak for the mech) like the Shadowhawk.

do you have the formula? ;)

View PostJagdFlanker, on 17 April 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

have 400std at the top of the list, 170 at the bottom.

i could click the LRM ammo toggle

also it'd be nice if there was an option to have the 'used weapons only' checkbox always on

in weaponlab, it'd be sweet if there was an option to have the skill checkboxes always checked off

and finally, why is your ikon the same as the actual MWO ikon?

Sorting of Engines, make somewhat sense, not sure what the others think about it:)

AMMO toggle: have to look at it. but i guess it's not that easy to implement.

checkboxes: i will look at an option to save the current state in a cookie. Changing the default "used ammo only" to on, is cool for you, but someone else prefers to put in the ammo first for example ^_^

And the icon. its the same, but with another color. i'm not to familiar with colorblindness but maybe is this the issue? i can alter the color if it's the case.

View PostBulef, on 18 April 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

Hi. Whence undertook value of the Tracking strength at Artemis, and what value for TAG and Narc? I can not find the primary source from developers.

I found for Artemis, but I can not find it for TAG and Narc.

Can you add a description of how TAG and Narc works as well as for Artemis in subsection "Modules and Equipment"? Thanks.

i primarly display the description from the gamefiles. You can hover over the name "TAG" and "NARC" and the (i) icon for some additional informations about both weapons.

View PostDeathlike, on 20 April 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

Hi smurfy, are you planning on adding a section of the movement archetypes (aka, a list of what mechs fall into a particular category?)

Not sure where i can find space :P also the archtype is very much related to the weight class.
But i will try how it looks

#1168 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

btw, Raven's right torso missile tubes are old data since April 1st (1.3.279). They're now:

RVN-2X: 20
RVN-3L: 10
RVN-4X: 20

I don't own the 2X, though. That one's unconfirmed.

#1169 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

This thread needs to be pinned again...

#1170 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, why was it unpinned? I'd have it in my signature if I could spare the room...

#1171 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostVimeous, on 03 April 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Smurfy you work is invaluable!

One question: I cannot get the mechlab to function correctly in w8/ie11. What am I doing wrong/missing? (w7/ie10 fine)

Issues:
Desktop - mech selector dropdown usable but does not load pages; cannot add/remove items from a mech; armour sections for al but ct squished into single line (suspect hidden behind boxes);
Charm - slow add/remove items; same armour issues.

I have a similar issue with Firefox, but not IE, which I avoid like the plague that it is. What causes my issue is a safety feature of the web browser regarding Javascript. My Firefox believes that the Javascript (it seems to be the java tools application) that the site is using has a vulnerability, prompting the browser to disable it by default - and last I checked the instructions on how to set up an exception, they didn't apply to my version of Firefox. =) So I just use IE when I want to use the affected Javascript functions like looking up turn rates at different engine ratings.

My issue works differently from what you are describing: if I turn on Javascript (with my NoScript plugin,) I can use the MechLab, but not see the reference tables at all - if I turn it off, I can see the reference tables, but can't interact with them except to link to the MechLab, which no longer works.

Obviously our symptoms are not the same, but it may be that your browser, like mine, is blocking some applications of javascript and not others - try turning javascript off and on as part of your troubleshooting.

Edited by Void Angel, 26 April 2014 - 11:10 PM.

#1172 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 23 April 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

do you have the formula? :ph34r:

Perhaps ask Karl Berg in his thread, so that the question can be relayed to the appropriate parties.

Not sure where i can find space ;) also the archtype is very much related to the weight class.
But i will try how it looks

It usually is, but then you have the Thunderbolt, Cataphract, and Jager being classified as the "medium" archetype while the Quickdraw, Catapult, and Orion have "heavy".

Edited by Deathlike, 27 April 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#1173 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

I had a bit of a thought: A "Popular builds for this mech" button when you have a mech selected in the mechlab. It takes you to Statistics with a filter on to only show that mech. I think it would help with people who are considering getting a mech to see what it's capable of, or if they need help with the loadout of a particular variant for eliting a chassis.

#1174 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 23 April 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

And the icon. its the same, but with another color. i'm not to familiar with colorblindness but maybe is this the issue? i can alter the color if it's the case.

i just took a pic of my tabs (this site wouldn't let me post it) and zoomed in NOW i see the diff, but it's very subtle and i have to really squint to see it at normal resolution (i have a 27" 1920X1080 screen)

you could swap the MW and the circle (MW on the bottom, circle on top) in the ikon to make it more obvious at a glance, but no biggie really

#1175 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

Are you colourblind, perhaps? The yellow and green look quite distinct to me, but I can imagine they would look a lot more similar to someone with red-green colourblindness.

#1176 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

i do have a very slight red deficiency - i see reds, but not very light reds. that being said, it's more that the circle is only a couple pixels wide even on my big monitor so the colour difference isn't obvious without really squinting at it

again, this site is amazing so it's all good!

#1177 Vilsen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

The Large Laser and its extended range comrade seem to have wrong DPS.
On your "reference" page.

Edited by Vilsen, 03 May 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#1178 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostVilsen, on 03 May 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

The Large Laser and its extended range comrade seem to have wrong DPS.
On your "reference" page.

How so?

#1179 Vilsen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

9 damage every 3.25 seconds is not 2.12.

#1180 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostVilsen, on 03 May 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

9 damage every 3.25 seconds is not 2.12.

sure it is, the cooldown starts AFTER the duration, so the cooldown AND the duration is calculated in the dps.

Edited by smurfynet, 03 May 2014 - 03:30 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users