smurfy mechlab guide

1768 replies to this topic

#1341 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

Dear smurfynet,

While doing some price checking on existing mechs I have found a critical error you might want to fix with the way your site calculates the c-bill price of mech loadouts. While the stock loadout c-bill prices, and the c-bill prices of IS equipment, are correct to my knowledge, the c-bill prices for any loadout anyone else makes is completely off because when you go to make a new mech (a completely stripped chassis) the starting price is in fact the stock loadout price for that mech, and everything else is in addition to that.

Also, if you aren't already working on it, you might want to add the c-bill prices of clan equipment, armor and ammo for those curious.

Cheers,
MW Mousse

Edited by Mechwarrior Mousse, 27 July 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#1342 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostGasboy, on 26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

I have found a bug, but I am not sure if it's your reference or MWO itself. The Smurfy reference allows command consoles to be loaded on all IS mechs. But in game, you can only load them into heavy and assault IS mechs.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, and I tried searching this thread for it, but there's a lot to go through. My apologies if it's been brought up before.

I found mention in a Patch Note.

#1343 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

I've asked this a long time ago here and would like to ask again... would it be possible and an easy thing to add slots validation? Items that weight too much are in red so we know we cannot fit those but "slots" are not validated so they are never shown in red when they don't fit.

Here is a quick example I just had now and reminded me to ask this again:

I have 1.51 free tons and 1 slot available. From the list it looks like I can fit a BAP but I know it's 2 slots so it won't fit, I would like to see it in red.

Thanks

#1344 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hey smurfy,

If you could "revamp" the weapon module page section/table a little, it would improve visibility... particularly those that have multiple ranks. I'm thinking there should be some sort of table for each rank and show the benefits in that way. It won't work perfectly like the enhanced NARC upgrade, but some order in that section would be great. Same should apply to some of the pilot modules.

Ideally, it should be structured similar to how the game shows the module types in the mechlab (the revamping did actually help).

Also, could you "redo" the quirk section to reflect the kinds of stuff shown in the current mechlab info hover? That was my original desire for that section to look like (like the Quickdraw-4G and IV have that 33% arm movement buff). I'm not sure if its in the data (it should be I'd imagine), and it's worth displaying for everyone to understand.

Thanks.

#1345 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostRhialto, on 29 July 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

would it be possible and an easy thing to add slots validation?

sneaked in this change with my last update :D

View PostDeathlike, on 30 July 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

If you could "revamp" the weapon module page section/table a little

yea they changed in the gamefiles too and not all quirks are displayed anymore. I will adapt to the new fields and show the quirks at the quirks section.

Not sure where to put the quirks of the omnimechs, i will try to put them to the omnipod section, i made a bit of space removing the same pricing infos, hopefully there is space.

I also plan to show the omnipod quirks in the dropdown, i just need to do the coding for it :)

Component position, class and amount restrictions

Yea thats on my todo list too. currently component position restrictions are hard coded (for JJ for example)
But the restrictions are now in the gamefiles (need to test if actually all are) and i will use this data as-well.

Pricing infos

I did some pricing, but the ammo values are just tedious :lol: ammo pricing are ammo per bullet/missile :lol: so i have to divide the ingame price by amount and then add it to my list.

when can i expect another update

i'm currently working with lisong on a integration of the clan mech data exchange and i'm on a trip friday->sunday. so hopefully a lsml export update today and another somewhat next week.

Edited by smurfynet, 30 July 2014 - 11:53 PM.

#1346 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

Are quirks considered in the weapon lab? So things like the Awesome as heat reduction quirk, or the +/-% cool down buffs/nerfs many omnipods have? These have a significant impact on DPS and HPS.

#1347 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 30 July 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

Are quirks considered in the weapon lab? So things like the Awesome as heat reduction quirk, or the +/-% cool down buffs/nerfs many omnipods have? These have a significant impact on DPS and HPS.

Not yet, sorry, i have a complete revamp of the weapon-lab on my todo list, with heat simulator and such, but i'm currently swamped with personal stuff and other projects.

#1348 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Re: slots validation...

Very cool. However, I noticed that if you have available engine HS slots but <3 available slots outside the engine, the DHS still "goes red" in the list. This seems not-quite-right to me.

#1349 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

View Postsmurfynet, on 30 July 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

Not yet, sorry, i have a complete revamp of the weapon-lab on my todo list, with heat simulator and such, but i'm currently swamped with personal stuff and other projects.

Smurfy,would you share with us that to-do list for weapon lab and mech lab?

#1350 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

My current TODO list

* FEATURE - Revamp Weapon lab
* BUG      - Fix v3 lsml links (clan mechs)
* BUG      - Fix slot count restriction in component checking for HS to consider in engine slots
* FEATURE - Use new lib for pie charts in arc popup.
* FEATURE - Revamp mechbay list
* BACKEND - Parse omnipod set bonus quirks
* FEATURE - List / Display of Clan mech quirks
* FEATURE - manually collect all pricing infos of the clan mechs
* FEATURE - Fancy up the omnipod dropdown, also show the hardpoints provided
* FEATURE - Missile tube count not showing in mechlab for omnipods
* FEATURE - Mark fixed weapon hardpoints differently (needs testing what if there are 2E hardpoints, one is fixed on isn't)

#1351 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for all the hard work

#1352 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

you rock Smurfy!

#1353 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

Smurfy,you said possibility to edit loadouts of mechs stored in mechbay won't be easy unfortunately,but how about adding them to mechbay straightaway with a name?You have the save dialog with place to give a name anyway.
That'd be kind of workaround,I restore a mech,edit it,then save again with different name ex "CTF 4X GaussPhract v2".

#1354 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 16 July 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

to be honest i don't think there's any need to model actuators in Smurfys since they don't affect anything except in a match. Smurfys is a tonnage allocation planner so you use it to plan the weapons/ammo you want on your mech, then go to mechlab and change the loadout according to what you plan in Smurfys. actuators in Smurfys affect nothing except crit space, about which you can make a decision adding/subtracting them in MWO mechlab

is there any way to make half ton ammo a different colour or change the text colour? the (1/2) is cut off in the mech diagram so there's no way to find that elusive half ton w/o ditching most of the rest of your full tons of ammo searching for it lol

Those "pointless" actuators tell you if you can fit certain things in the arms of a mech. Not all mechs have every arm actuator. This alone can make or break a build. They are also valid crit-able slots to help protect other weapons / heat sinks in that same section. It is for this reason that Med Lasers in the CT are almost never crit, as it is protected by the 4 slot Gyro as well as the 6 slot engine. (Yes, the engine CAN be crit. But "destroying" it via crit does nothing as of yet. Putting extra heat sinks to the engine also adds to this.)

If a mech doesn't have a lower arm actuator, then that the mech's arm CANNOT move side to side. I think that is VERY important information. Also you cannot fit an AC-20 in the arms if it has a lower arm actuator and/or hand actuator.

Mechwarrior is about both tonnage and crit slot placment. It would be absurd to not show them.

Edited by DarkonFullPower, 02 August 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#1355 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostDarkonFullPower, on 02 August 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Those "pointless" actuators tell you if you can fit certain things in the arms of a mech. Not all mechs have every arm actuator. This alone can make or break a build. They are also valid crit-able slots to help protect other weapons / heat sinks in that same section. It is for this reason that Med Lasers in the CT are almost never crit, as it is protected by the 4 slot Gyro as well as the 6 slot engine. (Yes, the engine CAN be crit. But "destroying" it via crit does nothing as of yet. Putting extra heat sinks to the engine also adds to this.)

If a mech doesn't have a lower arm actuator, then that the mech's arm CANNOT move side to side. I think that is VERY important information. Also you cannot fit an AC-20 in the arms if it has a lower arm actuator and/or hand actuator.

Mechwarrior is about both tonnage and crit slot placment. It would be absurd to not show them.

my mistake, i was talking about the clan mech arm check box actuators but i can see now i didn't specify that. in the specific case i was talking about, the optional clan mech arm actuators are something you would choose as an afterthought after you put in weapons so modelling those checkboxes in Smurfys doesn't affect anything.

everybody's got only so much time to allocate to anything, and it was something Smurfy could have delayed/not done and it wouldn't have been a big deal. but he already has so it's all good!

#1356 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,596 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

I thought the Clan actuators changed the Omnimech's arm motion based on whether they were in or not?

#1357 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

For Clans adding/removing actuators affects available space in,and movement speed/range of the arm.It's pilot's choice to add them or not to.

#1358 dranozir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

I think there is a problem with HELLSLINGER stats.

EXTERNAL HEAT TRANSFER -50.00 %

I think its a green stat no ?

Ok i understand all the negative % stat are red ...

But i think its not good for know what stat are good for the mech and stat how are bad for the mech.

You shoud separate good stat and bad stat.

Edited by dranozir, 06 August 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#1359 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

View Postdranozir, on 06 August 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

I think there is a problem with HELLSLINGER stats.

EXTERNAL HEAT TRANSFER -50.00 %

I think its a green stat no ?

Ok i understand all the negative % stat are red ...

But i think its not good for know what stat are good for the mech and stat how are bad for the mech.

You shoud separate good stat and bad stat.

Yellow, perhaps? Helps on hot maps, hurts on cool maps. It's a tricky one to figure.

#1360 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 31 July 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

My current TODO list

* FEATURE - Revamp Weapon lab
* BUG	  - Fix v3 lsml links (clan mechs)
* BUG	  - Fix slot count restriction in component checking for HS to consider in engine slots
* FEATURE - Use new lib for pie charts in arc popup.
* FEATURE - Revamp mechbay list
* BACKEND - Parse omnipod set bonus quirks
* FEATURE - List / Display of Clan mech quirks
* FEATURE - manually collect all pricing infos of the clan mechs
* FEATURE - Fancy up the omnipod dropdown, also show the hardpoints provided
* FEATURE - Missile tube count not showing in mechlab for omnipods
* FEATURE - Mark fixed weapon hardpoints differently (needs testing what if there are 2E hardpoints, one is fixed on isn't)

I think you might have missed something when you find the time, no rush. Emphasizing the change:

View PostGasboy, on 26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

I have found a bug, but I am not sure if it's your reference or MWO itself. The Smurfy reference allows command consoles to be loaded on all IS mechs. But in game, you can only load them into heavy and assault IS mechs.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, and I tried searching this thread for it, but there's a lot to go through. My apologies if it's been brought up before.

Link to proof from PGI:

View PostPraetor Knight, on 28 July 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

I found mention in a Patch Note.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users