#1381 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostOvion, on 08 September 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Why not have it not show the original price in the list, just have it say... green text that replaces, then have the original + sale at the top and in the mech entries?

Or a SALE icon right next the name (1st col) and when we mouse over it, would display the discount and sale price.

#1382 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

So I don't know where else to ask:

My Smurfy Mechbay will no longer load (on any device or browser). Did I hit an unpublished limit and crash it? If so, any chance it could just be wiped so I can start over? Thanks.

Edited by Terciel1976, 10 September 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#1383 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 10 September 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

So I don't know where else to ask:

My Smurfy Mechbay will no longer load (on any device or browser). Did I hit an unpublished limit and crash it? If so, any chance it could just be wiped so I can start over? Thanks.

I will have a look, i have some errors in my error log which could be a result of this problem. But i'm not sure.
I guess you have a lot of mechs in your mechbay?

#1384 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 11 September 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

I will have a look, i have some errors in my error log which could be a result of this problem. But i'm not sure.
I guess you have a lot of mechs in your mechbay?

Er, yes. I would guess a thousand... <blushes>

#1385 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hey Smurfy,

Any chance your going to get the Clan Wave 2 mechs up on your site so we can do some theory crafting? I know that nothing is 100% set in stone with them but between the Info PGI gave us, the 3050 TRO and using armor values from similar weight class mechs, we should be able to get at least 97% accurate picture.

Honestly, I am delaying my package purchase on someone getting a builder up because I need/want something like Smufy's to be able to visualize how good or bad I think a mech is going to be. I mean knowing I can build a Fenris with 3 C-ER ML and an SRM6 with 12 DHS is great but it is really hard to visualize how the DPS and heat is going to be without a site like yours providing that data.

See your just that important to us hehe. PGI should be giving you a kickback.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 19 September 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#1386 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

If you're just looking for raw numbers, rather than quirks, simply mock-up the build using another chassis. =)

#1387 jackswift

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

Since the Cent-AH is coming back, can we get it back in the lab to toy around with? Or will you wait for official release for stat details?

#1388 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 September 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

If you're just looking for raw numbers, rather than quirks, simply mock-up the build using another chassis. =)

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that. Oh I suppose I could download some record sheets and then try to mock something up but its not quite the same as looking at the builder and being able to just drop and slot equipment until it just looks and feels right.

#1389 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 20 September 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that. Oh I suppose I could download some record sheets and then try to mock something up but its not quite the same as looking at the builder and being able to just drop and slot equipment until it just looks and feels right.

Man, I feel exactly the same way. People are specing builds on Wave 2 already and I'm just like "yeah, I need Smurfy."

Since Smurfy uses live game files, I don't think he's likely to get any of this up in advance. I've never seen him do so before (and Smurfy is my first stop after patching due to the above... :))

#1390 Sapstengel

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:03 AM

Haven't read all 71 pages, but I found FF on my Oxide costs ingame 239K or so. In Smurfy it's 175K?

#1391 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostSapstengel, on 23 September 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

Haven't read all 71 pages, but I found FF on my Oxide costs ingame 239K or so. In Smurfy it's 175K?
That'll be the base cost, plus the cost of the new armour points on top to replace what's equipped..

#1392 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 20 September 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Man, I feel exactly the same way. People are specing builds on Wave 2 already and I'm just like "yeah, I need Smurfy."

Since Smurfy uses live game files, I don't think he's likely to get any of this up in advance. I've never seen him do so before (and Smurfy is my first stop after patching due to the above... :))

correct - i believe he gets his info from his own game files so the only way we can get them early is if PGI patches the 2nd wave in early but doesn't activate the mechs

#1393 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 23 September 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

correct - i believe he gets his info from his own game files so the only way we can get them early is if PGI patches the 2nd wave in early but doesn't activate the mechs

Yep. Has the Mad Dog now, though. :)

#1394 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostSapstengel, on 23 September 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

View PostOvion, on 23 September 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

That'll be the base cost, plus the cost of the new armour points on top to replace what's equipped..

Ovion is correct,but i had a bug (for quite a while its seams).
i did loose the armor price in my files and this broke the armor pricing in the mechlab.

While fixing this bug and readding the armor price to my files. i noticed that pricing calculation for the clan mechs is quite buggy.
I will fix that too but not today. The armor pricing bugfix for the IS mechs is currently deployed and should be live in some minutes.

View PostTerciel1976, on 23 September 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Yep. Has the Mad Dog now, though. :)

View PostJagdFlanker, on 23 September 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

This is correct, because the über clan wave2 pack, the mad dog is in the gamefiles, so i list it.

I did prerelease the phoenix mechs manually a while back, but that just was brutal to do (manual recreate the loadout and definition game xml's)

Since then i changed the structure of my code a bit so it could be easier to inject non gamefile data to my site (aka fake mechs, omnipods) I will do some test over the next couple of days.

#1395 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

Timber Wolf / Jump Jets

One of three variants can carry jump jets:
  • TBR-Prime: no jumpjets possible
  • TBR-S: 5 jumpjet possible
  • TBR-C: no jumpjets
The Mechlab is working but the overview of Battlemechs is corrupt.

Thanks to Las51, who gave feedback to my Clan-Mech thread and found this mistake.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 24 September 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#1396 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostCatalina Steiner, on 24 September 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

Timber Wolf / Jump Jets

One of three variants can carry jump jets:
  • TBR-Prime: no jumpjets possible
  • TBR-S: 5 jumpjet possible
  • TBR-C: no jumpjets
The Mechlab is working but the overview of Battlemechs is corrupt.

Thanks to Las51, who gave feedback to my Clan-Mech thread and found this mistake.

The same could be said for the Kitfox-S, but that's besides the point.

smurfy, you haven't updated the Nova's C-bill cost at all yet...

Also, I would suggest posting the C-bill/MC costs of the other mechs... assuming you've gotten the data from the most recent/last PTS with all the mech costs listed there. You probably need a "tentative" pricing feature (just something to show to everyone that info but inform them it isn't "official" yet) because we actually do know the pricing structure (of the hero and champion mechs) and it's up to PGI to make numbers official. The only time I recall that PGI changed the pricing was with the Nova+Summoner price "adjustments" from some patches ago (you can find it mentioned in the patch notes).

Edit: The "tentative" pricing feature would just be a box over the C-bill/MC value with a hoverover element that says "tentative/projected price".

Edited by Deathlike, 24 September 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#1397 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 September 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

The same could be said for the Kitfox-S, but that's besides the point.

Yes, to be precisely:
  • KFX-Prime: no jumpjets possible
  • KFX-S: 6 jumpjet possible
  • KFX-D: no jumpjets

#1398 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

My current internal todo list
* BUG - If you buy an other omnipod for a clan mech, the price should be displayed/added for each extra omnipod
* FEATURE - Show JJ count based on quirks at the listing
* FEATURE - Show sale price in listing too (popover because of space)
* FEATURE - Revamp Weapon lab
* FEATURE - Revamp mechbay list
* BACKEND - Parse omnipod set bonus quirks
* FEATURE - List / Display of Clan mech quirks
* FEATURE - manually collect all pricing infos of the clan mechs
* FEATURE - Fancy up the omnipod dropdown, also show the quirks provided
* FEATURE - Mark fixed weapon hardpoints differently (needs testing what if there are 2E hardpoints, one is fixed on isn't)

I also just deployed a new version, with some fixes.

* Fixed clan mech price calculation
* Added missing Maddog mech icons
* Showing missile tubes in mechlab for omnipod missile hardpoints
* Showing popover on omnipod selection displaying hardpoints (quirks still a todo)

View PostDeathlike, on 24 September 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

smurfy, you haven't updated the Nova's C-bill cost at all yet...

Also, I would suggest posting the C-bill/MC costs of the other mechs... assuming you've gotten the data from the most recent/last PTS with all the mech costs listed there. You probably need a "tentative" pricing feature (just something to show to everyone that info but inform them it isn't "official" yet) because we actually do know the pricing structure (of the hero and champion mechs) and it's up to PGI to make numbers official. The only time I recall that PGI changed the pricing was with the Nova+Summoner price "adjustments" from some patches ago (you can find it mentioned in the patch notes).

Edit: The "tentative" pricing feature would just be a box over the C-bill/MC value with a hoverover element that says "tentative/projected price".

I will add sales pricing to the list too, with that i probably recheck all missing prices and add them as-well.

About the prices of not yet released mechs, the price is not in the game files. It seams that the price gets loaded via runtime from the server.

View PostCatalina Steiner, on 24 September 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Yes, to be precisely:
  • KFX-Prime: no jumpjets possible
  • KFX-S: 6 jumpjet possible
  • KFX-D: no jumpjets

Yes, JJ display in the listing is still a todo. Problem here is, that the jj count is added via quirks.
The display will change a bit because the KFX-D can use other omnipods for example and then get JJ as-well

A bit different is it with the timberwolf. All Timberwolfs can have at least 4 JJ and the TBR-S can have 5.

I think i will do something like add the JJ count for the other variants which can gain the JJ by switching omnipods in parentheses .

#1399 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Just want to say thank you for your excellent site.

Looking at that todo list has me wishing I could help out with tackling some of that.

#1400 Túatha Dé Danann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Will you incorporate the Quirks that affect the weapons in the statistics too? Right now, the only way to do that is to for example reduce the Laser-Weapons manually in the Weapons-Lab by for example 15% (for a cool-down malus), which then calculated into the new stats like sustained dps, cooling efficiency etc. This works already manually in the Weapons Lab for SOME Quirks, but it would be awesome, if it would work for all weapon affecting Quirks. The Bonus on missile cooldown can only be guessed right now (as an example)

Another thing for the statistics:
PLEASE bring in a dps modifier for Ultra-Autocannons. Right now an AC/5 has the same DPS as an Ultra/AC/5, which simply is not true. While the Jam-thing might be a tricky option in the weapons-Lab (include Jam-rate to reduce DPS), in the overall left side bar, you could just assume, that they do not JAM at all (or put in the option as well with a little check-box)

*increases his workload for the sake of making his hair gray*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users