Online Mechlab, Maps, Stats And Data

smurfy mechlab guide

1768 replies to this topic

#1581 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostTorezu, on 16 September 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

Nope, it's up to 15, 2.5 each to 2 adjacent components, 10 to hit component. It can never be less than 12.5, I don't believe.

Ah. Thought it was 5. Well, that's good to know.

#1582 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:37 AM

I'm getting "ERROR: Sorry mechbay could not be loaded" every time I try to load my Mechbay. I tried it with different browsers but the result is the same.

#1583 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

hey Smurfy, sorry to report but you have missing reward variants, no JJ CDA, nor any of the other four.

#1584 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:44 PM

View Postzudukai, on 06 October 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

hey Smurfy, sorry to report but you have missing reward variants, no JJ CDA, nor any of the other four.

I believe I have an explanation for it.

The Loyalty variants are really just copies of existing ones, so I believe smurfy "suppresses" them through a filter of sorts (it checks for the last "L" in the data name).

The issue though is that the filter "presumes" that the data for the original variant is available.

The data in the paks suggest that PGI did not make an entry for the non-Loyalty versions (I've checked them all).. thus it isn't visible.

I hope that explains what you're looking for.

All smurfy would have to do is to add it to list of "exceptions" for the filter (or something along those lines).

Edited by Deathlike, 06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#1585 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:06 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 06 October 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

The Loyalty variants are really just copies of existing ones, so I believe smurfy "suppresses" them through a filter of sorts (it checks for the last "L" in the data name).

All smurfy would have to do is to add it to list of "exceptions" for the filter (or something along those lines).

Thats correct, there are several internal filters which filters variants which are normally dupes of existing variants with just a fancy paint job. ( 'Founder', 'Phoenix', 'Gold', 'Invasion', 'Resistance', '(G)', '(I)', '(L)', '®' ).

I will add an exception for that filter, what i don't like is that if (like with the founders loyality rewards) the non loyality reward gets released i have to move the loadouts around, but i can live with that.

Expect an update soon

Phil

#1586 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:36 PM

View Postsmurfynet, on 06 October 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

Thats correct, there are several internal filters which filters variants which are normally dupes of existing variants with just a fancy paint job. ( 'Founder', 'Phoenix', 'Gold', 'Invasion', 'Resistance', '(G)', '(I)', '(L)', '®' ).

I will add an exception for that filter, what i don't like is that if (like with the founders loyality rewards) the non loyality reward gets released i have to move the loadouts around, but i can live with that.

Expect an update soon

Phil

many thanks! long live smurfy! <3

#1587 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:31 AM

i've ****** something up with the update, site down momentarily. Deploying new version right now, hope this works.
Deployment takes time, because of game-data size. (mainly map images)

Edited by smurfynet, 07 October 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#1588 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:29 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 06 October 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

Expect an update soon

Phil
What would be nice, and save you future work, is showing the variants.
Kinda like this:
Posted Image

#1589 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostOvion, on 07 October 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

What would be nice, and save you future work, is showing the variants.

While i like the idea, the problem with this is, that there is no real "link" between the original and the paint job variants.
There is a file doing something like this in the gamefiles, but it is not really up to date. (MechIDMap.xml)
I also was looking for something similiar to something like this with the champion mechs, but again, there is no real link between the mechs.

#1590 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:45 AM

I'm curious, is there a way to find most popular builds for a particular mech? I know there is usually a few boxes of popular builds showing at the top when you see the complete listing of mechs but what if I want to look for THE most popular configuration of a specific model at any time?

#1591 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:57 AM

In quirks table I still see lots of red on items that should be green when it's better than default like:

Default CENTURION shows Torso Yaw: 100 ° Max Engine: 275 Arm Pitch speed: 270 °/sec

YEN-LO-WANG Torso Yaw: 120 ° Max Engine: 300 Arm Pitch speed: 360 °/sec

All 3 specs are better but all 3 are shown in red. Is this normal?

#1592 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for all the support! The loyalty variants aren't loading in the mechlab currently (it says No Mech Selected, and no criticals/sections are shown, but the locations are there).

#1593 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:24 AM

Is it possible to show the Cataphract-3L in the data (I'm not sure if there are others like that), even though it's not released yet?

I'm not sure what mechanism you are willing to use to inform everyone that it's not actually in the game, but it would be cool to see what's there (assuming there are others/more).

#1594 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 07 October 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Is it possible to show the Cataphract-3L in the data (I'm not sure if there are others like that), even though it's not released yet?

I'm not sure what mechanism you are willing to use to inform everyone that it's not actually in the game, but it would be cool to see what's there (assuming there are others/more).

After a quick look it should be possible to display the ctf-3l, i will do some tests later what mechids are "missing" in the mechs.xml (like 43 for the ctf-3l) but with a referencing stock loadout file.

edit: but i'm not sure if the mech will be ever be released not sure how long the loadout is in the gamefiles.
i found talks about the mech which are 2 years old.

Edited by smurfynet, 07 October 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#1595 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 07 October 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

View Postsmurfynet, on 07 October 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

After a quick look it should be possible to display the ctf-3l, i will do some tests later what mechids are "missing" in the mechs.xml (like 43 for the ctf-3l) but with a referencing stock loadout file.

edit: but i'm not sure if the mech will be ever be released not sure how long the loadout is in the gamefiles.
i found talks about the mech which are 2 years old.

Anything not in-game should be on a separate page or somehow otherwise well out of the way. While interesting to some of us, it's going to cause more confusion and annoyance to most, I'd think.

#1596 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:59 AM

Maps section is having problems on new redesigns.

1 - Caustic, I can find multiple spawn points for lances in Assault. Right now I look at Caustic Assault, I see 2 Dropship of Team 1 Lance: Alpha plus 1 Team 1 Lance: Alpha providing 3 locations for Alpha Lance of Team 1 to be in, repeat for every Lance of each team. Conquest and Skirmish do not have Dropship spawns.

2 - Forest Colony, Assault has both Dropship and non-Dropship locations for each Lance. Conquest and Skirmish do not have Dropship spawns. In addition, all 3 modes have Team 1 starting locations in H10 that is a holdover from the old map design.

3 - River City, Assault also has the Dropship and non-Dropship start locations for each lance. Conquest and Skirmish do not have Dropship spawns.

#1597 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:15 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 08 October 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Maps section is having problems on new redesigns.

1 - Caustic, I can find multiple spawn points for lances in Assault. Right now I look at Caustic Assault, I see 2 Dropship of Team 1 Lance: Alpha plus 1 Team 1 Lance: Alpha providing 3 locations for Alpha Lance of Team 1 to be in, repeat for every Lance of each team. Conquest and Skirmish do not have Dropship spawns.

2 - Forest Colony, Assault has both Dropship and non-Dropship locations for each Lance. Conquest and Skirmish do not have Dropship spawns. In addition, all 3 modes have Team 1 starting locations in H10 that is a holdover from the old map design.

3 - River City, Assault also has the Dropship and non-Dropship start locations for each lance. Conquest and Skirmish do not have Dropship spawns.

Hi

thanks for this info, since i'm no longer playing the game what exactly is the correct (ingame) behavior regarding spawn points and drop-ships.

As far as i understood your post ALL Maps which supports dropships, should have them displayed in ALL Gamemodes (Assault/Skirmish/Conquest), is that correct?

About the dupes of drop-ship positions and semi random spawn points all scattered around the map.

Not sure why there are more than one dropship for one lance (mainly on caustic)
Also the spawn points i'm not sure why they are scattered around.

How does the whole dropship vs. spawn point works, are the spawn points actually used? Or do the players actually spawn near the dropships? If i compare spawnpoint + dropship on the CW maps vs. the normal maps, they look fine and the normal gamemods screwed.

Thanks

#1598 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:32 AM

The dropship behaviour is different than it was when you were playing. The player spawns inside one of 3 dropships (the 4 players in a lance are in the same dropship) close to the map edge and then is moved while still inside the dropship to the drop off points for that lance and ejected into the map. The spawn points for each lance should therefore be the position of the drop off point.

The drop off points for each lance are fixed as far as I can tell. I havent seen players start off in unusual positions (yet).

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 08 October 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#1599 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

messaged you on reddit as well. The Forest Colony skirmish spawn locations are incorrect. We noticed while strategizing for an MRBC practice scrim.

#1600 Bushwa

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:07 PM

Awesome site, please make the maps rotatable so you can match them to the orientation that comes up during a match.

Thanks,

Bushwa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users