Why I'm Deinstalling Mwo

47 replies to this topic

#1 The Wine Gnat

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

1.) Worst online "community" I've ever experienced. Devs did a bang up job making it Founders vs Newcomers. Hell, there's even a PUGs vs Groups demographic that rivals American politics.
2.) Look at the state of the game. Look at the sheer DISRESPECT the devs give players. No advance notice of patch notes, missing major patch content, failure to respond to 99% of player concerns (they did nerf LRMs at least), terrible matchmaking, terirble balance, terrible grind, no skills trees to speak of, etc etc etc.
3.) You could fill a book with the number of problems this game has. Good thing they rolled it out to the public. Yes. It's a release. "It's a beta" excuse doesn't convince new players to stop leaving. You release when you are PROUD of the current state of the game and only minor balancing needs done, not MAJOR reowrking of the entire system.

I'll let the door hit me on the way out. I wanted this to succeed SOOOO badly. Sadly, I'm entirely convinced it never will. Yep, I said it. Never.

#2 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Perhaps mwo isn't for you.

#3 Clay Pigeon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

See you in two weeks.

#4 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I believe the term is "uninstalling".

#5 Tacophagist

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Can I have your stuff?

#6 Galland

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostThe Wine Gnat, on 20 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

1.) Worst online "community" I've ever experienced. Devs did a bang up job making it Founders vs Newcomers. Hell, there's even a PUGs vs Groups demographic that rivals American politics.
2.) Look at the state of the game. Look at the sheer DISRESPECT the devs give players. No advance notice of patch notes, missing major patch content, failure to respond to 99% of player concerns (they did nerf LRMs at least), terrible matchmaking, terirble balance, terrible grind, no skills trees to speak of, etc etc etc.
3.) You could fill a book with the number of problems this game has. Good thing they rolled it out to the public. Yes. It's a release. "It's a beta" excuse doesn't convince new players to stop leaving. You release when you are PROUD of the current state of the game and only minor balancing needs done, not MAJOR reowrking of the entire system.

I'll let the door hit me on the way out. I wanted this to succeed SOOOO badly. Sadly, I'm entirely convinced it never will. Yep, I said it. Never.

Dude, just take a chill pill and play some other game, read a book, build a cabinet, instead of raging on these forums. Life's to short to complain about everything that doesn't meet your lofty expectations.

#7 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

hit registration still horrible

#8 Rifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Well you delivery could use some work but you make valid points, im also now to the point i think MWO will fail. I'll be very surprised if it makes it to community warfare.

#9 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

No one is holding you back, maybe you decide to return when the game is live (and hopefully everyone is more cheerful).

#10 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Honestly, he makes some good points.

But he won't be heard, so his words are totally wasted here.

#11 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostTaizan, on 20 November 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

No one is holding you back, maybe you decide to return when the game is live (and hopefully everyone is more cheerful).

The game is live. I think you mean launched.

#12 Kanaric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

you are bad and online gaming isn't for you, go back to console and play Skyrim.

Also if you are too lazy and socially awkward to find people to play with it is your own fault.

View PostDesrtfox, on 20 November 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

The game is live. I think you mean launched.

The game is launched, they are taking our money and no more resets. Beta is just a term so they can have an excuse for bugs and incomplete gamepaly.

Edited by Kanaric, 20 November 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#13 AC

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

My faith is fading fast too. They are not working on the things they SHOULD be working on. Instead considering idiotic things like 3rd person and what new strange monstrosity they can clutter the existing maps with. *sigh.....

#14 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I am not sure if this is a troll post ... but given everyone else is going to reply (no one can pass up a good troll) here goes.

You mean experienced players vs newbs? Or hardcore vs casual players? Regardless of the category, that happens in all FPS/competative games I am across.

I do agree they could improve the communications a tad, I am not holding it against them ... yet. If this was launched and they did this, I would be mighty annoyed.

As for not responding, they do provide updates via the Command Chair section, a part of the forums that doesn't get a lot of hits compared with General.

Fair point but regardless of the 'state' the game is in, you have to admit it is still a work in progress without the large ticket items (e.g. community warfare, complete match making, etc). To be this upset at this stage .. a bit dramatic don't you think?

Why not just quit and come back a few months later?

#15 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostFactorlanP, on 20 November 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Honestly, he makes some good points.

But he won't be heard, so his words are totally wasted here.

Which good points are those? That the game has huge, gaping holes in content and bugs that would scare godzilla, or perhaps that what PGI says and does are two distinct things?

Who among us doesn't already know this? Either deal with it or move on.

#16 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Im not uninstalling tho I will request a refund

#17 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

yeah im deinstalling this game too, its a piece of garbage, oh wait, deinstalling isnt a word A HURR DURR

#18 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostKanaric, on 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

The game is launched, they are taking our money and no more resets. Beta is just a term so they can have an excuse for bugs and incomplete gamepaly.

Yeah whatever you like to call it. Live / Launched / NOT stated as in open beta any more / Having all expected features finalized / etc. its all semantics. "When its done" he can come back and give it another go, that's all I wanted to say.

#19 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostBluey, on 20 November 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Im not uninstalling tho I will request a refund

Let me know if you get a refund... That would be valuable knowledge....

#20 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

cool off, and come back after a few months, if it doesn't feel right take some more time. a game on such a grand scale takes time, especially with a small team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users