Battletech Melee Weapons

142 replies to this topic

Poll: BattleTech melee weapons (479 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be BattleTech melee weapons

1. Yes (407 votes [84.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.97%

2. No (72 votes [15.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 NotMyIfurita

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

I like the idea of a hardpoint for hatchets and other melee weapons, but melee shouldn't be in the game unless the basics (punch and kick) are in. An Axeman will mess you up with that axe, but he still needs to think about it before he loses a leg to an Atlas's kick. Melee will make the Assaults the terrors they should be, so I sure hope we see it!

Edited by NotMyIfurita, 25 October 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#142 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

View PostStardancer01, on 21 November 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I voted no, because allow I would like to see a bonus to trip chance & ram damage I would defiantly not want a press button swing weapon. If you want that go play sky rim

Battletech canon, m8.

#143 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • STONE COLD
  • STONE COLD
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSitting in the cockpit of a Dire Wolf powered down with a cold drink awaiting the cookies. >:D

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:29 AM

What about something like this: for punching, you press a button to activate 'melee' mode, and the left mouse button is to move your left arm, and the right mouse button is to move your right arm. Going into melee mode would also deactivate your weapons. Punching would be like: EX. Atlas, you hold down left mouse button, elevate your cursor a bit, and move your mouse to the right to punch, therefore making it simple. You could only punch sideways though if you had lower arm actuators. If you didn't, just do the same thing but up and down. You could punch with arms that have hand actuators and arms that dont, but with arms that don't when you hit something there is a chance of destroying the weapon(s) in that arm. Maybe special types of melee damage such as impalement damage and just normal physical damage. Ex. If a awesome punched a Jager with its ppc arm, it would do impalement damage to the inner torso, and also might destroy the ppc. If the Jager hit back by swinging its barrels downwards, it would do normal physical damage and the barrels would have a chance of breaking.

Just ask me any questions about this if you are unsure about what I mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users