Battletech Melee Weapons

206 replies to this topic

Poll: BattleTech melee weapons (677 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be BattleTech melee weapons

1. Yes (578 votes [85.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.38%

2. No (99 votes [14.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Saxie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • LocationAltamonte Springs, FL

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:03 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 28 August 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

i disagree
there is a lot of ammo dependent and/or asymmetrical (or both! like drg-1n or wvr-6r) mechs/builds which become useless/almost useless when they lose their main weapon... they also should waste space for some energy backup, with some melee they could always be a threat, it could save podspace used for the backup weapon on some builds

There are quite a few ammo dependent builds, and asymmetrical builds, good pilots though will protect that side like no other. The issue here is when you charge in to use your melee weapon you effectively cut off a line of fire from your teammates to the target.

#202 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 9,353 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:19 AM

Even putting punch/kick options in means a 'Mech is no longer truly out until it's lost both arms and one leg with all guns (and if it has jump jets, even then it's got a damaging option).

And every 'Mech has an option for point defense. Designs like the Atlas get the final piece of their close-combat complement- being able to deliver PPC-damage punches or AC/20-level kicks to go with the common AC/20 + SRM barrages...something it will outdo the handless Dire Wolf in, for once. A full set of arm actuators becomes a virtue rather than a liability.

#203 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • 520 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

I believe PGI did mention that they were considering this...

#204 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 8,830 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 22 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

I believe PGI did mention that they were considering this...

They were, but at the same time, they don't see it being in the game, in the foreseeable future.

#205 Salagoth

• Pip
  • Shujin
  • Shujin
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

Would be nice to be able to kick/Punch a close mech once all your weapons are gone/offline. Many a game of battletech played back in the day ended up with kicks to mechs waist deep in water or punches to an atlas torso with my shadowhawk 2k in it death assault lol.

#206 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:17 AM

Only way I would be alright with is if they allow all mechs that have Hands & are not Clan to have these weapons while also adding DFA.

oh and to be able to replace Melee weapons on mechs like Axe/hatchetman in favor of other weapons.

I am not trying to act like a jerk I really do mean it, as it would give them a great feel of mercs* who may own them might not have access to the melee weapon replacements if the weapon is damaged or destroyed.

*I am talking lore wise

#207 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

we need this weapons!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users