• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe pivotal locus of the Universe

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Yes that means you lot!

I scan through the forums once in a while and all I ever see is some over entitled noob bashing PGI for not doing something irrelevant.

Let's be clear about this, without PGI there is no MWO. A game which I personally love. PGI have even gone the route of giving it to us for free! As far as I'm concerned PGI rock! They arn't the size of EA (yet) but have taken the risk of going for a AAA Class product, and it's a great product. You lot clearly care about it too otherwise why bit#h and moan all the time.

Let's have constructive criticism instead of just calling PGI names, frankly if I worked for them I would have taken note of a number of you and knobbled your game accounts or possibly I would have just quit, because you lot would have made me feel that you don't deserve the fruits of my labour. Thankfully Russ, Brian, Paul, and the rest are clearly better natured than I am.

On a positive note reading your 8itching on the forums makes me want to hunt you down and shoot you all in the face with an AC20 - and I know just the place to do that, thanks to PGI.

Please feel free to flame below.

It's just more names to add to my list.

Edited by Triggerhippy, 21 November 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostTriggerhippy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Yes that means you lot, I scan through the forums once in a while and all I ever see is some over entitled noob bashing PGI for not doing something irrelavent.

Let's be clear about this, without PGI there is no MWO. A game which I personnally love. PGI have even gone the route of giving it to us for free! As far as I'm concerned PGI rock, they arn't the size of EA yet have taken the risk of going for a AAA Class product. And it's a great product, you lot clearly care about it too otherwise why bit#h and moan all the time.
Let's have constructive critasym instead of just calling PGI , frankly if I worked for them I would have taken note of a number of you and knobbled your game accounts or possibly I would have quit because you lot would have made me feel that you don't deserve the fruits of my labour. Thankfully Russ Brian Paul and the rest are clearly better natured than I am.

On a positive note reading your hitching on the forums makes me want to hunt you down and shoot you all in the face with an AC20 - and I know just the place to do that, thanks to PGI.

Please feel free to flame below.

It's just more names to add to my list.

China is a place you have to visit! They all think like you! Awesome!

Add my name to your hunting list Friend :wub:

and no...if your from Europe or Autralia your AC20 will not hit me in the face, it will hit somewhere my head was like 2 secs ago - there, beaten with own weapons :)

Free Speech and tolerance...works both ways you know.

Peace now? Or hunt till our mechs are shredds?

EDIT: I can understand you...somewhat...but dont forget, they rage because they want it better, it would be worse if noone was complaining?

Edited by Cole Allard, 21 November 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#3 Alexa Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 505 posts
  • LocationSirius VI-A, Free Worlds League

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostCole Allard, on 21 November 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

and no...if your from Europe or Autralia your AC20 will not hit me in the face, it will hit somewhere my head was like 2 secs ago - there, beaten with own weapons :)

EDIT: I can understand you...somewhat...but dont forget, they rage because they want it better, it would be worse if noone was complaining?

Rage however is never a decent vehicle to get your point across.

#4 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

I dislike some of their actions but not them, a good number of people would agree with this statement. However I can criticize them for their counter productivity in some sections, such as utilizing dev time on the third person option, rather than testing things that their "fixes" made disproportional. such as weapon balance the uac is a good example of something that isn't fully balanced but is much more so than previously, the ac/10 needs a buff and so on, so forth.

Major areas of discontent include the things that split the community over decisions, such as the 3rd person and DHS issues.

Bad design choices include the original unjam function of the uac. Who could ever think a 18 button press combo should ever be necessary in a mostly automated mech? And the original head box of the ctf, which no matter how you look at was far larger than should have occurred due to dev oversight and not enough testing pre-release.

I understand much of the patches are back-end code, stuff that is not noticed and runs to make everything fit together, but certain things should be globalized and individualized for weapons variable-wise. Hud shake, for example, should be a global function and have it's input be based on attack angle and damage, and return a compounding output, pretty simple if you are a modder for most games to have a compounding output that counts down.

View PostAlexa Steel, on 21 November 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

People tend to mix up rage and discontent.

Edited by Deadoon, 21 November 2012 - 04:34 AM.

#5 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Honestly this game is bad. I hope it will be good.

People have a right to complain about anything because it is their opinion. If you like it, great. If you don't, I hope something improves.

What else is there friggin say???

Edited by Soy, 21 November 2012 - 04:40 AM.

#6 Kernfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Hehe sometimes it isnt bad after all to complain about all the complainers :)

#7 Alexa Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostSoy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

So according to you Alexa, anyone who complains about anything is an entitled noob.

How do you defend your position of requesting people to disagree with you then dismiss their post as aimless unfocused rage.

Notice this is rhetorical, I don't need an answer. You, however, do, since you only posted this thread to validate your own opinion. Clearly. Lol I mean, you friggin liked your own post... need I say more.

My personal flames to the fire would be this - you're most likely an awful player attempting to validate your time sink.

Eh what?

View PostAlexa Steel, on 21 November 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

How do I consider anyone a noob, with this post?

Edited by Alexa Steel, 21 November 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#8 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

I thought you were the op, apologies. I posted and noticed you weren't even the op and edited it before you responded.

Anyways why would you quote yourself, I'm not raging. Kinda proves my point, but whatever.

#9 Alexa Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostSoy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

I thought you were the op, apologies. I posted and noticed you weren't even the op and edited it before you responded.

Anyways why would you quote yourself, I'm not raging. Kinda proves my point, but whatever.

...eh apologies accepted. What point? I have one post in this thread and that states: that rage is not the appropriate vehicle to get your point across.

#10 Triggerhippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

View PostSoy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Honestly this game is bad. I hope it will be good.

People have a right to complain about anything because it is their opinion. If you like it, great. If you don't, I hope something improves.

What else is there friggin say???

Lol - try looking , I posted this Alexa liked my post. - noob mistake

Also I have a kdr round the 6.5 mark and loose about 1 in 10 games - not a bad player, just one that's getting sick of whiney little *******.

#11 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

True, but they also rage against a game which is still in production - not about a game that is FINISHED.

And some even refuse to accept that the game still IS in production just because everyone can play it - regardless of the "Welcome to the beta" after the login screen.

#12 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostSoy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

Do you seriously have that much of a vendetta against him?

#13 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

so post a thread moaning about the moaning?

#14 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Get well soon!

#15 Alexa Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostDeadoon, on 21 November 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

Do you seriously have that much of a vendetta against him?

Lol I dont even know the guy xD

#16 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Why wouldn't rage be the proper vehicle to get across a point of raging?

The entire point of raging is to express your rage. It's not like anyone is going out and kicking a puppy because of MWO rage.

Most likely someone who is really pissed off is not going to eloquently express their frustration accurately. However there will be someone along the way who gets what pissed said rager off so much and will whittle their problems down into a bullet point in some obligatory summary post of "plox fix this before ppl go nuts" thread.

And no, I don't even know Alexa. People are so uptight right now. Talk about rage? Look at the responses to my post. Yeah, rage towards people is much more legitimate than rage towards a game they sink time money and/or effort into. Right.

If this forum needs anything right now it's more people raging about the problems they deal with in this game. People need a place to express what is ******* them off and there is no better place than this. Eventually the right people will get all this stuff figured out but in the meantime it needs to come out and in its most direct visceral form.

Edited by Soy, 21 November 2012 - 04:57 AM.

#17 Calmon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

The main problem for PGI is: They split up the whole team to far to many different topics instead of focusing special things and FINISH them with a good plan.

All the stuff they do in moment are more or less bad prepared, I don't see plans for several issues.

The question is: Why not finish the basics before you start complex things like third person view. I mean PGI stated lazy:

"Players would be able to select how they are matched against other players: Only 1st person, Only 3rd person, or Mixed. This will preserve the integrity of matches and allow players maximum control over their gaming experience."

Queues for matchmaking are a central point of every multiplayer game. You can't endless split the players because it leads to longer waiting times and bad balanced games because matchmaking will lower restrictions.

Nobody with a bit brain would make queues (even 3 queues) for a thing like this!

If games don't start because specific queues are not filled one queue wins! Community will play there and people who don't want will also need to play there because otherwise: no play at all.

So only one of the three survive: 3rd, non-3rd, mixed.

I bet most of PGI knows this, announce it now to cool down community, implement it and later say "Well, everybody plays in mixed so we close the other 2"...

#18 Triggerhippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Yeah, love China! Chinese chicks are hot! Plus I love the food and I enjoy the culture philosophy and kung fu. I think I may have to visit soon, thanks for the suggestion.

Back to the point though , constructive criticism is all good, and to be encouraged, crying like a baby because of some misconception is pointless and frankly does the poster no credit as they are considered to be just another ******** internet troll.

#19 Alexa Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

View PostSoy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

Why wouldn't rage be the proper vehicle to get across a point of raging?

The entire point of raging is to express your rage. It's not like anyone is going out and kicking a puppy because of MWO rage.

Most likely someone who is really pissed off is not going to eloquently express their frustration accurately. However there will be someone along the way who gets what pissed said rager off so much and will whittle their problems down into a bullet point in some obligatory summary post of "plox fix this before ppl go nuts" thread.

And no, I don't even know Alexa. People are so uptight right now. Talk about rage? Look at the responses to my post. Yeah, rage towards people is much more legitimate than rage towards a game they sink time money and/or effort into. Right.

Well I merely asked what you meant ^^"

No rage is never the right vehicle, even if the topic enrages you. Nobody will take you serious when you rage, the typcial reaction boils down to this: "U mad bro?"

That does not provide an even ground for a constructive discussion let alone constructive feedback. A well thought out argument will allways beat the "OMZFG you ruined da G4me PIG, Ima RAGE fu<king n00bs!" people.

Edited by Alexa Steel, 21 November 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#20 Questero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostTriggerhippy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Let's be clear about this, without PGI there is no MWO.

Wrong. In a couple years when MWO fails somebody will find the money to get the MW license then promise everyone it's gonna be OMGTRUEOLDSCHOOL get his 5mlns and fail again. BT fans are so stupid and PGI is so smart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users