Dear Pgi, Uac5's Are Perfect

113 replies to this topic

#61 MorbidGamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 21 November 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Lay off the trigger a little bit. You can still fire quickly, but you will reduce the heat and the chance to jam.

My heat levels are fine usally 30% or lower. Alot of times I open fire... JAM right off the bat. It must have a % chance to randomly jam up.

Usally if you use 2 of them they like to jam almost the same time. If AC2 didn't make soooo much heat it would be a better weapon then a jaming UAC5.

#62 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

i see a lot of people whining and suggesting they be nerfed... the only nerf i could support would be the chance of jamming being directly related to your heat levels increasing the chances of a jam as your heat level increased to a maximum of whatever seemed to be good balance... it makes sense that the gun shouldn't jam right off the bat.

#63 Allekatrase

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostMorbidGamer, on 21 November 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

My heat levels are fine usally 30% or lower. Alot of times I open fire... JAM right off the bat. It must have a % chance to randomly jam up.

Usally if you use 2 of them they like to jam almost the same time. If AC2 didn't make soooo much heat it would be a better weapon then a jaming UAC5.

They only jam if you double fire them. Lay off on the double fire unless you really need it and they won't jam and they still have a faster rate of fire than the AC/5.

I haven't played with the changes yet, but I have a feeling the jam time is too low.

Also, the previous system was stupid. I think having a button press to unjam would be fine and people who used a macro effectively already had this. Having a ssytem where a macro is practically required is just stupid. It's bad game design if people have to use third party tools to play the game effectively.

Edited by Allekatrase, 21 November 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#64 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Yip i am a vary happy Cat pilot with the new UAC5 .

#65 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostMorbidGamer, on 21 November 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Well they jam soooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I don't find them useful at all.

I call it the gamblers gun, it may like you 1 round, then the next jam every shot or two.

I recently went through a 4 mech firefight, and cored 2 of them then proceed to get jams of doom as i ran for cover in my ctf 4x, before being annihilated by nearly dead awesome I couldn't get the final shot off to kill. I did well because my luck held out for a while, got reamed because it failed on me when I truly needed it.

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 21 November 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Lay off the trigger a little bit. You can still fire quickly, but you will reduce the heat and the chance to jam.

Jam is 100% random on double shots.

Edited by Deadoon, 21 November 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#66 Xymor

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Yeah I'm very happy with the UAC/5 now, in closed beta I used 2 on my founders Atlas, now I have put them back on and they do good again.

#67 Mister Haha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Tried out dual UAC5s tonight.

While absolutely hilarious, it is anything but fair. The damage output dwarfs any other weapon in the game.

#68 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostMister Haha, on 21 November 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Tried out dual UAC5s tonight.

While absolutely hilarious, it is anything but fair. The damage output dwarfs any other weapon in the game.

Oh, nonsense; dual AC/20s, quad AC/2s, 6xSSRMs, 9xSplas... there are plenty of loadouts that do similar damage.

#69 Allekatrase

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostCodejack, on 21 November 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

Oh, nonsense; dual AC/20s, quad AC/2s, 6xSSRMs, 9xSplas... there are plenty of loadouts that do similar damage.

Maybe for an alpha strike, not over time. The dps on them is crazy high. If you're lucky and they don't jam each one is putting out around 9 dps if I remember right. Next highest weapon is the AC/20 with 5 dps I think. Actually LRMs might have theoretically dps values higher, haven't checked.

Edited by Allekatrase, 21 November 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#70 Cel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

View PostCodejack, on 21 November 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

Similar != Same.

#71 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

has anyone tried chainfiring dual UAC5s versus group firing?? results?

#72 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostSkyCake, on 21 November 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

has anyone tried chainfiring dual UAC5s versus group firing?? results?

Doesn't really matter, after a few seconds they'll act like they were chainfired due to one jamming and fixing itself.

#73 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostAllekatrase, on 21 November 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Maybe for an alpha strike, not over time. The dps on them is crazy high. If you're lucky and they don't jam each one is putting out around 9 dps if I remember right. Next highest weapon is the AC/20 with 5 dps I think. Actually LRMs might have theoretically dps values higher, haven't checked.

Right, but if it does jam, your dps is 0.

You don't play streakcats, do you?

Edited by Codejack, 21 November 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#74 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostDeadoon, on 21 November 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Jam is 100% random on double shots.

Exactly. If you limit the amount of double shots then you reduce the chance of your weapon jamming. And I believe it was a 10% chance to jam before this patch, but I do not know if the % has been adjusted.

If you do not double fire you still have a better ROF than the standard AC5. I think too many people are simply holding down the trigger when they fire the UAC and are getting more jams. You should only use the extra shots when you really need them.

#75 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

No really, I think they introduced some kind of bug with the jamming mechanic change. Seems like 2 uac shoot 8-10 rounds per second sometimes, when their max ROF should be about half that. I would encourage other players to look and listen for this sporadic increase in Rate Of Fire.

#76 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

What about lowering the ROF, having a random 3 sec jam, and adding an unjam button that anyone can use to unjam faster?

#77 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postshabowie, on 21 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

No really, I think they introduced some kind of bug with the jamming mechanic change. Seems like 2 uac shoot 8-10 rounds per second sometimes, when their max ROF should be about half that. I would encourage other players to look and listen for this sporadic increase in Rate Of Fire.

each uac fires at 2 rpm, but the explosion has a similar sound to the firing, thus making it sound hire, 2 uac fire at 4 rpm(close to but not quite) and have double the explosions causing this disorienting effect of where the **** the rounds are coming from and how many there are.

View PostCodejack, on 21 November 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

What about lowering the ROF, having a random 3 sec jam, and adding an unjam button that anyone can use to unjam faster?

An unjam button is ripe for exploitation with a dual uac build(one in each arm) I can bind them to my Left mb with my unjam being mouse 4 or 5 and having rmb as my backup lasers.

Edited by Deadoon, 21 November 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#78 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostDeadoon, on 21 November 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

each uac fires at 2 rpm, but the explosion has a similar sound to the firing, thus making it sound hire, 2 uac fire at 4 rpm(close to but not quite) and have double the explosions causing this disorienting effect of where the **** the rounds are coming from and how many there are.

No I'm counting the rounds going down range visually as well. I encourage others to look for this, I think it's bugged.

#79 Allekatrase

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostCodejack, on 21 November 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Right, but if it does jam, your dps is 0.

You don't play streakcats, do you?

No, I don't play streak cats, why is that relevant? They do 1.43 dps approximately and the most you can fit is 6 giving you a total of 8.58 dps for the whole mech. One UAC/5 has the same dps if double firing and more than half the dps while not using the double fire mode.

And the jam mechanic is there exactly because the dps is so high. It's about twice what most other balistic weapons put out and more than twice what any energy weapon can put out. It's not meant to be double fired continuously, that's why it jams. If it didn't there wouldn't be any point using any other weapon.

#80 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

I use a pair of them, and I might say they're slightly OP. If something stands still, I shoot straight through it in seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users