Dear Pgi, Uac5's Are Perfect

113 replies to this topic

#1 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

the UAC5 is what i expect an AC to be..quick firing cannons that make your opponent feel as though he is catching hell, absolutelty shredding them mechs apart. i put two on my atlas and i am positively tearing mechs apart...

i still prefer AC20 on smaller mechs like hunchie, so hopefully AC20 can get some love now!!!

#2 Lucy Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Definitely liking the UAC-5's now.

#3 kragmoor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Have not had the chance to play since the patch. how is the auto unjammer?

#4 xDark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

The UAC5 has been my favorite weapon since I got into beta in August and I'm so excited that it's actually useful again. I just know that people are going to start crying about it and it'll be made useless again.

But for now...INFINITE DAKKA

#5 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

View Postkragmoor, on 21 November 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

It's great. Suitable drawback that doesn't feel like too steep a tradeoff for the investment. So, so much better than manual unjam.

#6 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Indeed - they're brilliant now! I'm replacing all my dual AC5 mechs with UAC5s. I'm still using Gauss for specific cases (burst is better for a pop up sniper) but UACs went from useless to awesome.

#7 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

View Postkragmoor, on 21 November 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

fricking good... you notice jams for sure, and they can be an inconvenience, i think they are balanced well.

im thinking UAC better for brawling because of the constant shaking and suppresion you are putting on the enemy... so for mechs that cant stand in the heat like assaults and heavies, uac is the way to go

single shot more damage shots are for those mechs that cant stand in the fire, so take gauss/AC20 on smaller mechs like hunchie etc. and fire and get out

#8 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

I liked it better the old way....

Could we maybe get a manual unjam option?

#9 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostCodejack, on 21 November 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

I liked it better the old way....

Could we maybe get a manual unjam option?

No, because using macros will give an unfair advantage. Macros are not a skill check. Dealing with or avoiding a jam midcombat is a skill check.

#10 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

UAC5 are actually overpowered now I think. Enjoy it while it lasts kiddies!

PS I think something beyond doubleshooting is going on with the firing mechanics. I have a 2xuac5 Atlas D build I was playing around with last night and many times it seemed like it was firing around 8-10 shells per second. I would have expected around 4 while double shooting to be max ROF (given 2 guns). I could count shells because holding down the group one gun goes down and comes back up and they are then out of sync as long as you keep firing. Several games I ended up in situations facing 3 mechs and chewed through all of them in rapid succession without taking much damage.

Edited by shabowie, 21 November 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#11 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postshabowie, on 21 November 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Seems this way mostly because they decided to do it exactly at the same time that the Cataphract debuted. Boating 4 UAC5's hurts. 3-5 'mechs on a side boating AC's feels OP.

#12 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

I wouldn't know. They screwed up the framerate so bad in this patch it is unplayable again.

#13 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostRaalic, on 21 November 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Seems this way mostly because they decided to do it exactly at the same time that the Cataphract debuted. Boating 4 UAC5's hurts. 3-5 'mechs on a side boating AC's feels OP.

True, but it's hard to ignore the fact that UAC5's offer exactly twice the firepower of an AC5 for just a little extra tonnage and a crit slot, and the only inconveniences are that you need special ammo (which you get a few less shots per ton for, but not a large difference) and sometimes the gun stops firing for a few seconds.

Seems to me it's practically a direct upgrade, doesn't it?

#14 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

View Postshabowie, on 21 November 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

PS I think something beyond doubleshooting is going on with the firing mechanics. I have a 2xuac5 Atlas D build I was playing around with last night and many times it seemed like it was firing around 8-10 shells per second. I would have expected around 4 while double shooting to be max ROF. Several games I ended up in situations facing 3 mechs and chewed through all of them in rapid succession without taking much damage.

blasphemy! dont you dare complain about uac now that finally for the first time in this game we have an AC that is viable

#15 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostSkyCake, on 21 November 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

blasphemy! dont you dare complain about uac now that finally for the first time in this game we have an AC that is viable

Umm, I think you forgot the AC2 somewhere along the way...

#16 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

You cant put 4 UAC on Cataphract. Only 2.

#17 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostRaalic, on 21 November 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

You can't boat 4 UAC5's. At most you can do 2x UAC5 2x AC5

Also try not standing still and getting shot in the face.

#18 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostScratx, on 21 November 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

True, but it's hard to ignore the fact that UAC5's offer exactly twice the firepower of an AC5 for just a little extra tonnage and a crit slot, and the only inconveniences are that you need special ammo (which you get a few less shots per ton for, but not a large difference) and sometimes the gun stops firing for a few seconds.

Seems to me it's practically a direct upgrade, doesn't it?

most lostech is a direct upgrade in TT... so its reasonbale to assume that this will translate to in game situations... however i think pgi will learn how to balance these issues out without nerfing... see how they handle xl engines...

#19 Prophet of Entropy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 319 posts
  • LocationStar Kingdom of Manticore

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

you cant fit 4 UACs on any mech, so how is a mythical setup OP other then it doesnt exist?

UACs are great atm, but the auto unjam could be a little longer 5-8 secs if you really think they are OP. which they arent.

they are dangerous, but they are heavy and you need alot of ammo for them, so with a decent amount of ammo they weigh 12-15 tons and generate a not insignificant ammount of heat. plus 5 crits for the weapons and 3-5 crits that can kill you if you get an ammo hit. and this is each UAC, so yes they are good but they have downsides too.

Edited by Prophet of Entropy, 21 November 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#20 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostRaalic, on 21 November 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

No, because using macros will give an unfair advantage. Macros are not a skill check. Dealing with or avoiding a jam midcombat is a skill check.

OK. all of you guys saying this have clearly never tried it; yes, it's "one button," that you have to stop what you are doing, change weapon groups, hit it twice, then try to find your target again, all while (usually) being shot at. I'm not saying that they didn't need to change it for people who can't/won't use macros, but for those of us who aren't stupid and/or lazy, can we please have the old way back?

Edited by Codejack, 21 November 2012 - 02:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users