16 replies to this topic

#1 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Some in game video I took yesterday when planetside2 went open beta.(and then some) This game is fast paced, but it has some really really cool features, and is addicting. Such as the platoons, you can have 4 squads of 12 in each platoon, and there is ingame viop(sucks atm). So you can full on lay siege to territory's with 48guys in TS or in viop.
Not to mention the hundreds of other people fighting over the same base you are.

Here's some infantry action, not the one I planned on upping but owell. I have some way more intense infantry stuff, intense firefight

And I am now a pay to winner
air combat part1
air combat part2

And how about some romantic pictures too
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by lsp, 26 November 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#2 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Is it just me or its just ArmA in future? ;)

#3 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Arma is a little more complicated then this game is =)

#4 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationEverywhere where my Bushwacker or Mad Cat III are located

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

dl that too but I heard this game want good pcs to play. one of my buddies cant play it because his ati 3870 is to bad to launch that game but the funny thing is sony say he must buy a gforce 7600 that the game launch but when he will buy that he cant launch mwo because mwo say 7600 is to bad.

#5 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

It's pc demanding yes, also pay to win. Starts to suck the fun out of the game after awhile. And has more client problems then mwo, I crash often in ps2. My pc has also locked up completely 5 times since yesterday playing it. In the two years since I built this pc, it has never locked up till playing ps2.

Fixed
Some of the recent patch's have eliminated my crashes, and I no longer have lockups.

Edited by lsp, 26 November 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#6 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postlsp, on 21 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

It's pc demanding yes, also pay to win. Starts to suck the fun out of the game after awhile. And has more client problems then mwo, I crash often in ps2. My pc has also locked up completely 5 times since yesterday playing it. In the two years since I built this pc, it has never locked up till playing ps2.

It's NOT pay to win and I haven't locked up once since the closed beta. Pretty sure it's all you.

#7 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

I beta tested, and though I wanted to like, and it has some amazing features, it just didn't strike a chord with me.

#8 Xelrah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

You need to work a lot on your aiming.

#9 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostS3dition, on 22 November 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

It's NOT pay to win and I haven't locked up once since the closed beta. Pretty sure it's all you.

I heard from three diferent guys that this is pay to win. The only thing what I have not heard is why is it pay to win or why not. For me Pay to win is when you can buy ammo and other stuff who will boost your char or weapons or whatever and you only can get it with real money.
And it really was great, the first Planet Side.
Whatever I think my rig can handle this I run MWO on max with highend user.cfg @ 1920x1080 @50-60 frames.

#10 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 21 November 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Is it just me or its just ArmA in future? :D

Those were my first thoughts exactly, but once you get deeper into the game (and I played for some time already, because my bro was invited... I was too, but a bit later) you'll see it was mostly it's size that made you think so. Then it becomes pretty much a true Battlefield game (not BF3) upscaled "a bit". ;)

#11 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

It is p2w, when they set the prices so high its near impossible to ever unlock anything(prob take months, even longer if your casual). And it's def p2w when your team can't even take out planes because everyone has air to air missles the first day of beta. And as a free player you don't, and all you have is a machine gun on your fighterjet. Or when you go up against someone who paid for all the best gear, while your in crap.
If they lowered the cert prices to something reasonable, then I would feel differently. imagine if the GR in this game cost 5million cbills, or 400 mc. That would be so p2w people would cry about it all day long. Which is exactly how ps2 is. Oh and ps2 is the only game that has ever caused so many problems with my pc i5-2400 3.30 gtx 560 ti 2gbvram 8gb 1600mhz ram. Not overheating I monitor my system. game just has sh*t optimization.

View PostXelrah, on 22 November 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

You need to work a lot on your aiming.

You didn't see that guy I killed at the very top of the hill? with no zoom, show me you doing that then come back and say I need to work on aiming. Oh and that was my first couple hours playing too. All my rounds got extremely close to those magriders, which is the most nimble and hard to hit tank in the game btw. And I made several hits.

Edited by lsp, 22 November 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#12 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostAdridos, on 22 November 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Those were my first thoughts exactly, but once you get deeper into the game (and I played for some time already, because my bro was invited... I was too, but a bit later) you'll see it was mostly it's size that made you think so. Then it becomes pretty much a true Battlefield game (not BF3) upscaled "a bit". :rolleyes:

It's battlefield on a bigger scale. Not even close to scratching the surface of what arma is.

#13 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Played yesterday for 4h and now I have a headache. It is really different to ps1. I dont get it why they put you instant in action after you creat a char. PS was really better, you could change anything before you jump into the battle and you had a training room for each weapon or vehicle/plane. The game is to damn fast also not like ps1.
I see you need much xp for upgrading your gear and I cant believe that there is no AA launcher, thats f*ucking bad.
The game running fine on my rig with 40 frames at max @ 1920x1080. I was not impressed by the graphics, textures looks like 5 years old when you get close to it. View range is ok but arma get 5 times more. After 2 h or 1:30h the game get a nice bug, you cant see the terrain anymore and your frames drop to 5 or 10. Cant believe that my ram is full at this point.
You need really time to get where you must move and what you must destroy. The standard equipment is maybe weak but it is ok but that you cant get any aa than it is crap. When I look what the light attack unit can upgrade, the later assault rifles are not really better than the first ones.

Edited by SerpentrasD, 23 November 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#14 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

pretty cool man.

#15 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostSerpentrasD, on 23 November 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Played yesterday for 4h and now I have a headache. It is really different to ps1. I dont get it why they put you instant in action after you creat a char. PS was really better, you could change anything before you jump into the battle and you had a training room for each weapon or vehicle/plane. The game is to damn fast also not like ps1.
I see you need much xp for upgrading your gear and I cant believe that there is no AA launcher, thats f*ucking bad.
The game running fine on my rig with 40 frames at max @ 1920x1080. I was not impressed by the graphics, textures looks like 5 years old when you get close to it. View range is ok but arma get 5 times more. After 2 h or 1:30h the game get a nice bug, you cant see the terrain anymore and your frames drop to 5 or 10. Cant believe that my ram is full at this point.
You need really time to get where you must move and what you must destroy. The standard equipment is maybe weak but it is ok but that you cant get any aa than it is crap. When I look what the light attack unit can upgrade, the later assault rifles are not really better than the first ones.

It's beta just like this game, and planetside will never come close to touching Arma. Arma is just a better game, I actually like ps2's graphics. I have noticed the low res textures up close, but I'm not surprised considering the scale of the game. I also played ps1, yes it's a little different and frustrating at times but I'm liking it.

Edited by lsp, 26 November 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#16 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm a douche, if I've never seen something then it doesn't exist.

There fixed that for you, all you have to do is go on the planetside 2 forums and you will see numerous threads complaining about it.

Edited by lsp, 26 November 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#17 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postlsp, on 26 November 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

It's beta just like this game, and planetside will never come close to touching Arma. Arma is just a better game, I actually like ps2's graphics. I have noticed the low res textures up close, but I'm not surprised considering the scale of the game. I also played ps1, yes it's a little different and frustrating at times but I'm liking it.

The thing what I really don't like is that I don't get the MAX with jump jets back and I cant take other armors for other classes.
Ah when you scale it up Arma would run with this much too. I mean do you saw a 128 vs 128 with + each player got 20 ai units. But whatever I play PS2 till mwo runs a bit better with those jumping back an forth lights. And I really don't see the necessary to buy a new gun except AA launcher or secondary AT. The First weapons are fine, not really good without upgrades but when you get you first scope and laser pointer you can shoot down any other infantry while you fly with one jet pack charge. PS2 is ok but I thought it would be better just like ps1 with more physics and graphics.

There are some really annoying bugs up but they are really nothing compare to that how often they appear. Vehicles who dont die but you can use them. Vehicles who no one can see but they can do same things like normals vehicles. Hover tanks who flying 100meters high and dont stop climbing up to the sky. And I thought PS2 is out , I dont see any beta sings. Some of my mates had beta sings because they played in beta.

Edited by SerpentrasD, 26 November 2012 - 05:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users