Pugs Do Ruin Games.

145 replies to this topic

#21 Termius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

As a PUG and lone wolf (For the moment) I disagree. PUGs are fine so long as you give some guidance, and they listen.

At the beginning of a match I always say that we have to stick together, and ask if anyone has a plan.

It's not PUGs that ruin games, It's bad players who can't coordinate with others who ruin them.

#22 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

PUG players aren't the problem. I have seen some really good PUG players. The problem is there is no skill based matchmaker. Guys on their first drop in a trial mech are being matched against guys who have been playing for months.

What IS ruining games are the constant crashes/afk/disconnect players and suicides. And it's worse with this patch. I was crashing 3 out of 4 drops after the patch. After reinstalling I made it 6 matches before crashing. Add in the 'yellow screen' bug, the fps bug, blackscreen bug, and 'HUD loss bug' and netcode problems, it's a wonder anyone is actually able to hit anything.

#23 Streeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostTermius, on 21 November 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

As a PUG and lone wolf (For the moment) I disagree. PUGs are fine so long as you give some guidance, and they listen.

At the beginning of a match I always say that we have to stick together, and ask if anyone has a plan.

It's not PUGs that ruin games, It's bad players who can't coordinate with others who ruin them.

agreed, unfortunately thats always a pugger that is the " bad player who can't coordinate"

Like I said sometimes they are great, its the AFKers and Farmers which are ruining the game, I wouldnt class my self as an elitist, Im just sick of being shafted by players that are in my "group". :(

You lone wolves need to take that stick out of your 4rse, not all premades say ALL pugs are bad and there are definitely exceptions to the rule, if you arent farming, AFKing, starbursting we are NOT talking about you.

#24 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostStreeter, on 21 November 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

agreed, unfortunately thats always a pugger that is the " bad player who can't coordinate"

Like I said sometimes they are great, its the AFKers and Farmers which are ruining the game, I wouldnt class my self as an elitist, Im just sick of being shafted by players that are in my "group". :(

You lone wolves need to take that stick out of your 4rse, not all premades say ALL pugs are bad and there are definitely exceptions to the rule, if you arent farming, AFKing, starbursting we are NOT talking about you.

You could have posted about players afking or suiciding, or starbursting, but you didn't. you called out puggers as the bad seed.

You are an elitist. If you don't want to include the "good" puggers in your lame argument, learn to not group us all together. perhaps this is why you have such bad luck with puggers.

Looks like I got confused between your statements and the OPs remarks. You do seem a bit more levelheaded than the OP.

Keep in mind, no one like to be given a derogatory name. That's elitism right there.

Edited by Desrtfox, 21 November 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#25 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostMoonsavage, on 21 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Right.
I'm getting pretty sick of people using the term "PuG" in a derogatory sense.
People like YOU are ruining MY game, with your premade teams and voice comms.

The sooner random games do not allow groups, or groups can only fight other groups the better in my book.

Until then, count your blessings because you have an advantage over many of us who are getting pretty sick of losing through no fault of our own.

And no, I'm not QQing, I'm bloody angry - this game is not YOURS, it's OURS.

I don't remember claiming that this was "my" game. Calm down bud.

View PostLorcan Lladd, on 21 November 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

You know what players whom refuse to learn and adapt to new gameplay circumstances are called...?
Scrubs and losers - this denomination does not apply just to the puggers whom adamantly refuse to cooperate and work as a team, but also to the teams which can't get anything done unless they have a full 8-man on voice comms.

Use that radar and battlegrid in the HUD to maintain your orientation thorough a match; move to support the puggers attacking enemy positions, and learn how to evade enemy attacks without support, if need be.
Otherwise, all you're doing here is wasting both your time and mine with a pointless thread.

Seriously...
We get enough of those.
Stop whining and suck less.

Are you serious right now? This is laughable.

#26 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

skinny.. 1 question.. no flame..

what you want ?

8vs8 premade vs pugs ?
8vs8 premade vs premade and pugs vs pugs ?

or just simple : who is playing alone cant play MW:O ?

as for me.. we are waiting for 8vs8 premade vs premade because everything else.. is just plain boring and nofun for realy good grps.

Edited by siLve00, 21 November 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#27 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostSkinny Pete, on 21 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

I don't remember claiming that this was "my" game. Calm down bud.

Are you serious right now? This is laughable.

It is kinda laughable. You guys come crying here about how puggers are so bad, but you can't even coordinate with them? Wow

#28 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostsiLve00, on 21 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

skinny.. 1 question.. no flame..

what you want ?

8vs8 premade vs pugs ?
8vs8 premade vs premade and pugs vs pugs ?

or just simple : who is playing alone cant play MW:O ?

as for me.. we are waiting for 8vs8 premade vs premade because everything else.. is just plain boring and nofun for realy good grps.

i said at the bottom of my post I wanted 8v8 premades. I guess I should have said 8v8 premade vs premade. It's what I'm looking forward to also.

View PostDesrtfox, on 21 November 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

It is kinda laughable. You guys come crying here about how puggers are so bad, but you can't even coordinate with them? Wow

You can't make anyone do anything they don't want to son. If YOU can you're a miracle worker. How is life under that bridge?

View PostDesrtfox, on 21 November 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

You could have posted about players afking or suiciding, or starbursting, but you didn't. you called out puggers as the bad seed.

You are an elitist. If you don't want to include the "good" puggers in your lame argument, learn to not group us all together. perhaps this is why you have such bad luck with puggers.

Looks like I got confused between your statements and the OPs remarks. You do seem a bit more levelheaded than the OP.

Keep in mind, no one like to be given a derogatory name. That's elitism right there.

Quit associating yourself and venting your hostility into this thread.

#29 Streeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostDesrtfox, on 21 November 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

your misunderstanding is kind of what I was refering to with the stick thing. I don think Ive ever said ALL puggers are bad? Ive never said you are bad cause you pug, point is that if its a bad player its going to be a pug that is stuck on your team. I hope you can see the difference there.

*plenty of bad team players too! but atleast Ive `chosen` those guys LOL

Edited by Streeter, 21 November 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#30 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostSkinny Pete, on 21 November 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

i said at the bottom of my post I wanted 8v8 premades. I guess I should have said 8v8 premade vs premade. It's what I'm looking forward to also.

You can't make anyone do anything they don't want to son. If YOU can you're a miracle worker. How is life under that bridge?

I think you need to reread what I said. I said that YOU can't coordinate with THEM. That's different than me saying that you can't bend their behavior to your will. See the difference?

#31 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ultimately, the most kills I have had in a game is 3, with 5 assists, and I only play Mediums at the moment.
One really bad player on a team doesn't count for much, and the worse your team is, the more challenge it is.
** up to a point when you are trading blows with the enemy and suddenly realize you're the last mech standing **
I would get really bored if I could win every game, but then I'm easily pleased by all the explosions and stuff.

#32 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostStreeter, on 21 November 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

your misunderstanding is kind of what I was refering to with the stick thing. I don think Ive ever said ALL puggers are bad? Ive never said you are bad cause you pug, point is that if its a bad player its going to be a pug. I hope you can see the difference there.

No, sorry. Not really. You could simply refer to bad players. And yes, there are many. You see, by using the word pugger in that fashion, you're already halfway down the derogatory road.

Edited by Desrtfox, 21 November 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#33 hanitora

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

When I play with pugs I just run up to the first enemy I see and pound him until he falls over or I fall over. I usually fall over first.

#34 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostSkinny Pete, on 21 November 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

how about you change your very aggressive thread title to something else.. leave the "general discussion" forum and making a thread with a logical hint for PGI in the suggestion forum ?

because all you do is twisting the community.. as you can clearly see.
since we all want to play MW:O in the future.. we need all players.. pugers noobs idiots premades pro´s and so on.

Edited by siLve00, 21 November 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#35 The Silent Protagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 647 posts
  • LocationUK, Buckinghamshire

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostMoonsavage, on 21 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Right.
I'm getting pretty sick of people using the term "PuG" in a derogatory sense.
People like YOU are ruining MY game, with your premade teams and voice comms.

The sooner random games do not allow groups, or groups can only fight other groups the better in my book.

Until then, count your blessings because you have an advantage over many of us who are getting pretty sick of losing through no fault of our own.

And no, I'm not QQing, I'm bloody angry - this game is not YOURS, it's OURS.

You, sir, sound like a toddler arguing over someone wanting to borrow his toys. Calm down and don't act so entitled, it belittles you.

On topic: I shamelessly link you to my earlier thread with my counter-argument; http://mwomercs.com/...86#entry1461586

#36 River McCain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationTropical Paradise

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Please Post constructively or do not post at all. No one cares about your troll posts.

Edited by River McCain, 21 November 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#37 Slopey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

I've played 8 games in a row just now, with a 4 man on TS, and *EVERY* single game has had:

1 pug disconnects immediately (could be a bug)
1 pug runs headlong into the entire opfor and gets wiped out
1 pug hides and does nothing until the end of the match

and on 2 occasions, 1 pug runs out of bounds.

I just don't understand people who don't want to actually *play* the game.

The sooner 8v8 or pre-made matchups come out, the better. Until then, it's just getting pathetic.

#38 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

@slopey
Par for the coarse in F2P games, I'm afraid - WoT and LoL have exactly the same problem.

@ltXcalibur
Well done, you have likened me to a toddler expressing entitlement, way to rise above the name-calling.

#39 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

TELL THEM WHERE YOU'RE GOING, WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO, AND HOW THEY CAN HELP.

DO NOT USE VOIP EXCLUSIVELY. IF YOUR MATES MAKE A CHANGE OR SNAP DECISION, TELL THE RANDOMS.

GIVE THEM TARGET NAMES OR LETTERS TO SHOOT, SO THEY ARE ON THE SAME PAGE.

PUT DOWN WAYPOINTS FOR THE ONES PAYING ATTENTION.

POLITELY ASK THE STRAGGLERS TO COME BACK (but be ready to use them as convenient decoys if they don't)

These steps have worked well for me. You cannont control them playing badly, or hiding once the shooting starts, or shooting the wrong person, or doing nothing. You CAN give them all the tools to succeed, and go from there.

If it is that bad, just run four cheesemechs that can win without the other people on your team. Chances are it isn't, you just aren't being as hand holding as they need. They NEED this, or they won't learn.

Some of them are just here to f around, you can't fix that. Some don't read english. The rest simply don't know what to do and are waiting for someone to tell them. Tell them, and the ones who are ready to help WILL HELP.

At the very least, tell them who to follow and to shoot the same person that person is shooting. "Follow us pubbies" doesn't really make anyone want to do what you say. "Follow us" without at least a basic reason or more detailed plan also doesn't convince people that your way is better.

#40 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Mind if I share a story from Pugging?
I dropped into a match in Frozen City in a trial Commando. First thing I ask in chat is if anyone has a plan. No one answers, and when the match begins the 'mechs start moving to the ridge. As they head out, I type in the chat "tunnel entrance at f4". I don't know the exact numbers, but I estimate about 5 mechs turned and began to follow me to and even through the tunnel. The only opposition was an AFK Atlas at the base, and the only deaths were from two members of my team who had moved to the ridge instead. Teammates were 00BloodAsp00 and Cid Slayer for the match, so I just wanted to give a shout-out to the pugs who played with me for the match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users