Pugs Do Ruin Games.

145 replies to this topic

#1 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Let me start by saying I've read many threads like this and have finally reached my breaking point with the extra four pugs that join my team. Like always, I advise them to stay together, work as a team and tell the scouts to scout and not be a hero.

But of course, my group sticks together, the pugs run off and try to fight their own battles and we end up 4v8. It took me five games in a row. I honestly can't wait until we go to 8v8 premades.

No offense to lone wolves, but it just doesn't jive with how I like to play. To each their own.

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

I... play... pick-up games... :(

#3 Lorcan Lladd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Perhaps you need to work on your tactical awareness...?
If you have allowed the enemy to engage your lance on their own terms, away from your pug reinforcements, then you're doing something wrong.

Edited by Lorcan Lladd, 21 November 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#4 Nuclear Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLa Isla Bonita

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Skills INCLUDE:

USE THE PUG's AS A SHIELD !

GET SOME SKILLS !!!

#5 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

More often than not the premade will move off to some location after communicating via VOIP and then fail to inform their PuG allies. Then they get all in a huff when their pug allies werent glued to the map to notice in time.

If you really want to be successful with PuGs perhaps adapt your play style to their strengths instead of trying to force them to conform to yours. If they are not following you to a coordinate double back and regroup with them. Too many premades refuse to interact with their teams other half.

It sounds like you and your buddies have a plan and you dont give a damn what anyone else wants to do.

#6 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

S!

The 4 other players are not always puggers. Today have ended up in matches where we had 4 + 4 team WITHOUT syncing etc. Needless to say the battle was quite short after we just followed orders. The pugger quality varies a lot, seen some from the infuriatingly helpless ones to some that really do shine in what they do. I guess patience and just trying to use messages or map commands for some coordination pays off eventually. Phase 2 propably will shape the game again..

#7 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostSkinny Pete, on 21 November 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Ooo didn't see THAT one coming. C'mon bro, let's not use the obvious trolls. Fail more.

But he does have a point: all PUGiniess evens out (Them vs You), and eventually C3 will be further integrated beyond where it is now (it currently puts all players who form an in-game group into a secure private channel) to bring the randoms into your private channel automatically, too.

#8 Nuclear Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLa Isla Bonita

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostNuclear Weapon, on 21 November 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Skills INCLUDE:

USE THE PUG's AS A SHIELD !

GET SOME SKILLS !!!

Wait... im a PUG player LOL

And I dont care if u wanna use me as a shield :( I can handle it :(

View PostProsperity Park, on 21 November 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

But he does have a point: all PUGiniess evens out (Them vs You), and eventually C3 will be further integrated beyond where it is now (it currently puts all players who form an in-game group into a secure private channel) to bring the randoms into your private channel automatically, too.

Actually... I think that a lot of games works like L4D2 in this part... you enter to a match and then you are auta in the same voice channel as your team mates... it should be this way...

Edited by Nuclear Weapon, 21 November 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#9 Dwigo

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hmm, our 4 pugs left alive had no trouble killing the other 8 enemies and we started with 6 vs 8 to begin with :(

#10 Alfred VonGunn

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostLorcan Lladd, on 21 November 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Perhaps you need to work on your tactical awareness...?
If you have allowed the enemy engage your lance on their own terms, away from your pug reinforcements, then you're doing something wrong.

LOL.. thats funny.. The best comparison to real life and what far to many pugs do.. Is they look like the Thunder Birds or Blue Angles doing a Star Burst.. Sure it looks cool. But Tactically it is usually a really BAD IDEA

#11 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

All the "Do this, do that." Comments are appriciated, but you all know darn well how this plays out. I could here and wax SunTzu all day on how things SHOULD go. But when it's down to the wire, it is bad more than not.

Believe you me, I communicate to everyone on the team. Text, VOIP it doesn't matter, we don't neglect.

#12 Streeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostAlfred VonGunn, on 21 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

LOL.. thats funny.. The best comparison to real life and what far to many pugs do.. Is they look like the Thunder Birds or Blue Angles doing a Star Burst.. Sure it looks cool. But Tactically it is usually a really BAD IDEA

nah man, just play to that strength with a double star burst, the other team will be so impressed they will give up!

#13 Mathmatics

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 275 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

great name op. Great thread ignore the trolls they can not help themselves.

#14 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Right.
I'm getting pretty sick of people using the term "PuG" in a derogatory sense.
People like YOU are ruining MY game, with your premade teams and voice comms.

The sooner random games do not allow groups, or groups can only fight other groups the better in my book.

Until then, count your blessings because you have an advantage over many of us who are getting pretty sick of losing through no fault of our own.

And no, I'm not QQing, I'm bloody angry - this game is not YOURS, it's OURS.

#15 Streeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostMoonsavage, on 21 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Right.

The sooner random games do not allow groups, or groups can only fight other groups the better in my book.

Until then, count your blessings because you have an advantage over many of us who are getting pretty sick of losing through no fault of our own.

hear hear! how dare they want to play a team game as a team!

#16 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

You know what players whom refuse to learn and adapt to new gameplay circumstances are called...?
Scrubs and losers - this denomination does not apply just to the puggers whom adamantly refuse to cooperate and work as a team, but also to the teams which can't get anything done unless they have a full 8-man on voice comms.

Use that radar and battlegrid in the HUD to maintain your orientation thorough a match; move to support the puggers attacking enemy positions, and learn how to evade enemy attacks without support, if need be.
Otherwise, all you're doing here is wasting both your time and mine with a pointless thread.

Seriously...
We get enough of those.
Stop whining and suck less.

Edited by Lorcan Lladd, 21 November 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#17 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostMoonsavage, on 21 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Right.

you can always join a teamspeak.. or search for a clan/grp who is using their own teamspeak and let you join.

even rl issues dont count.. every1 can buy a 3 $ standalone micro. and dl teamspeak... if you cant talk... np just listen... even you have family issues .. there are plenty of grps who consider this and wait and stuff.

both sides got their point somehow.. but still.. i think every1 can chose the side.. i pug sometimes too because its fun.. but its fun too to play with friends.. but just because we have some good laughs..
even with 4 good ppl you run a 90% winratio.

Edited by siLve00, 21 November 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#18 Streeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostLorcan Lladd, on 21 November 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

You know what players whom refuse to learn and adapt to new gameplay circumstances are called...?
Scrubs and losers - this denomination does not apply just to the puggers whom adamantly refuse to cooperate and work as a team, but also to the teams which can't get anything done unless they have a full 8-man on voice comms.

Use that radar and battlegrid in the HUD to maintain your orientation thorough a match; move to support the puggers attacking enemy positions, and learn how to evade enemy attacks without support, if need be.
Otherwise, all you're doing here is wasting both your time and mine with a pointless thread.

please see double star burst.

admittedly you do often get pugs that work together and its lots of fun, more often than not its AFKs, Farmers, or the starburst team though. If thats my fault then chalk me up as a loser I guess.

#19 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Preemees need to get over themselves. I've played many games, mostly pugs or small teams (2 or 3). Here's some advice. Stop being so egotistical. Follow (OMG!) one of the pugs. This way, you at least have 5 in one area.

Maybe you are insulting to the pugs, I don't know,but if you were, I wouldn't follow you just because of that.

Generally, pugs will migrate to the largest clump of players. They don't generally spread way out unless they are scouting. Pugs are as smart as you.

Make sure you take command - you know, with the map. You do know how to do that right?

Like others have said, try working with your team, not ordering them around like second class citizens.

#20 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

@Streeter

There is a difference between a team and a group and you know it.

I like playing as a team with my team, but a group will trounce randoms due to

1. Pre-arranged tactics
2. Instant comms
3. Assault mech groups (concentration of force)

So the sooner you super elite players go off to "group only" patches the better in my book.

Edited by Moonsavage, 21 November 2012 - 04:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users