v1.0.150

36 replies to this topic

#21 Nikko Cortez

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Its head shots. I roll a cat-K2 with dual AC20s and it will head shot almost anything in one alpha strike. They are not easy to do but it is possible. Done it three times in a row on one map, one of my more lucky ones. All mechs have only a max of 18 armor for their head, not to hard to wear that down.

Its not a issue of balance in the game. I love the head shot feature and it is balanced properly as all mechs have the same armor light to assault. Don't assume skill is an imbalance in the game.

Edited by Nikko Cortez, 21 November 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#22 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Good aim. Got to remember that the player base is becoming more skilled. Nikko and I roll together and I can back up his statements.

Specifically, cataphracts cockpits are particularly vulnerable. Come to think of it, so are Cats that overheat. Something about them bowing down in front of us so the pilot and look up at us in horror...

#23 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostNikko Cortez, on 21 November 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Its head shots. I roll a cat-K2 with dual AC20s and it will head shot almost anything in one alpha strike. They are not easy to do but it is possible. Done it three times in a row on one map, one of my more lucky ones. All mechs have only a max of 18 armor for their head, not to hard to wear that down.

Its not a issue of balance in the game. I love the head shot feature and it is balanced properly as all mechs have the same armor light to assault. Don't assume skill is an imbalance in the game.

So, you want to say there were 3 Gausscats (or some other mech able to pop a cockpit with 1 alpha from a large distance) on the opposing team, all 3 moving together and communicating who will shoot at which target.

All that about 60 seconds into the game, without jumpjets, in a city with lots of buildings in the way...3 targets at the same time?
How are the chances to kill an Atlas with 1 salvo?
How fast would you have to be to get into a position to even see your target?

I even doubt it has something to do with server communication, although that's the best explanation so far.
If it was a few minutes into the game it would be possible, but right after the start of the match, when players are just heading out?

Also, he said they were running a Catapult (can be 1-shot, ok), a Cicada (low armor, so, 1 shot is possible) and an Atlas (1 shot, very unlikely).

Got to be some kind of bug. Mabye the server registered you out of bounds or something, but it's almost impossible that 3 mechs get 1-shot at the same time, right at the start of a match, in an area with lots of obstacles.

#24 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostRoadbuster, on 21 November 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

So, you want to say there were 3 Gausscats (or some other mech able to pop a cockpit with 1 alpha from a large distance) on the opposing team, all 3 moving together and communicating who will shoot at which target.

All that about 60 seconds into the game, without jumpjets, in a city with lots of buildings in the way...3 targets at the same time?
How are the chances to kill an Atlas with 1 salvo?
How fast would you have to be to get into a position to even see your target?

I even doubt it has something to do with server communication, although that's the best explanation so far.
If it was a few minutes into the game it would be possible, but right after the start of the match, when players are just heading out?

Also, he said they were running a Catapult (can be 1-shot, ok), a Cicada (low armor, so, 1 shot is possible) and an Atlas (1 shot, very unlikely).

Got to be some kind of bug. Mabye the server registered you out of bounds or something, but it's almost impossible that 3 mechs get 1-shot at the same time, right at the start of a match, in an area with lots of obstacles.

Headshots or not, you are right. There is no way 3 people could have coordinated a insta-kill some moments after the match started. I'm still baffled but I will recover. I hope more people see this issue so they aren't speechless when it happens.

#25 Slanski

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I have a completely unsubstantiated feeling that this was a lag attack and your mechs on similar paths were gliding into the out of bounds on the server and you all got killed by desync/out of bounds. Nothing else explains this result.

I have seen horrific server lag in the past week at times, where nothing happened much for 10-30 seconds and at short speed bursts the action would catch up, resulting in warping and crash bang insta death for some people.

#26 NaerahQc

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Not too sure if related but saw a cicada one shot me(catapult c1) then proceed to one shot the cataphract beside me, then to 3shot an atlas. The 2 next match i ended getting 1shotted by something, the things is, i don't know what hit me. Maybe a bug, maybe my lack of skill(im not that bad but not that good either), most probably a combination of both.

#27 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostSlanski, on 22 November 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

I have a completely unsubstantiated feeling that this was a lag attack and your mechs on similar paths were gliding into the out of bounds on the server and you all got killed by desync/out of bounds. Nothing else explains this result.

I have seen horrific server lag in the past week at times, where nothing happened much for 10-30 seconds and at short speed bursts the action would catch up, resulting in warping and crash bang insta death for some people.

Thanks for your theory, but no. I was nowhere near the out of bounds.

#28 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostSlanski, on 22 November 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

This sounds more plausible.

It would have been a lot more useful if you had noticed whether there were three 'X killed Y' messages when you died, because as of now we don't really have much information to go on.

There seems to be some oddity with hit detection though. I've once taken hit damage to the cockpit in a Dragon - when facing away from the enemy sniper team. Last I recalled, cockpits were only hittable from the front, and Dragon cockpits are especially hard to hit.

#29 Xelrah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostHayashi, on 22 November 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

This sounds more plausible.

It would have been a lot more useful if you had noticed whether there were three 'X killed Y' messages when you died, because as of now we don't really have much information to go on.

There seems to be some oddity with hit detection though. I've once taken hit damage to the cockpit in a Dragon - when facing away from the enemy sniper team. Last I recalled, cockpits were only hittable from the front, and Dragon cockpits are especially hard to hit.

Depends, I'm fairly sure centurion for example can be headshotted from the back due to placement of head.

#30 Psocrates

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

yeah i think there is a major problem atm with hit detection or something been getting 1 shotted a lot - or at least seems that way i also notice that when it happens there is no damage showing on paper doll and mech goes flying a good 2-3 mech lengths from where i thought i was(assume this is a form of rubber banding that is only being applied when i die)

#31 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Major lagspikes yesterday, enemy mechs were not moving, once it started agian my torso was off.

#32 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostPsocrates, on 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

yeah i think there is a major problem atm with hit detection or something been getting 1 shotted a lot - or at least seems that way i also notice that when it happens there is no damage showing on paper doll and mech goes flying a good 2-3 mech lengths from where i thought i was(assume this is a form of rubber banding that is only being applied when i die)

View PostFlapdrol, on 28 November 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

Major lagspikes yesterday, enemy mechs were not moving, once it started agian my torso was off.

Sounds like people fired on your repeatedly during your lagspike, and you only saw all the damage at once upon recovery from the spike.

Had that earlier. Lost a game we were leading 7-5 when my Dragon lagspiked, and recovered from the spike just in time to see the enemy mech blow out my torso. I was at full internal health and moderate armour.

#33 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

yeah its more likely the server considered you out of bounds, this happened to me once too where I thought I had died from overheat bug but in fact I recall I was backed up against that same edge of the river map. Perhaps the devs can look at that particular boundary and see if maybe something isn't set up right there.

#34 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostGanglarToronto, on 21 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Playing on river city map, at 100% armor alongside my friend. Me, hiim, and some other dude were at full armor and out of nowhere we die at the same instance from nothing. What gives?

Sounds like a faulty out-of-bounds boundary issue.

#35 InfiniteChaos

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 44 posts
  • Locationis being obscured by ECM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Although the last patch has somewhat helped the overall performance of the game (I have yet to CtD or Blackscreen), I am seeing people warp past me. I have three mastered Atlas' and seem to be warped badly when in a close brawl with Centurions, mostly. The only thing that would account for this is the server load.

Additionally, if there happened to be a netsplit to all three of you, it could have done exactly what you're talking about. You mentioned you were on Skype with each other. Did any of you guys change the node you were connecting to or were you all directly connected to one of you?

Example: If A is connected to B and C is connected to B, then B becomes the node for the call. However, if A,B, and C are all connected to W and W happens to go down, Skype will auto connect A,B, and C to P. Sometimes this auto switching can play havoc for Multiplayer games. Any chance any of you were using a video call?

Workaround: Use Teamspeak 3 or Ventrillo.

#36 Dendrobium

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm not sure what is happening but, I've been 1 shotted twice today. I'm pretty sure it's not my connection either. I pilot a Dragon and both times were in first encounter of the match. No real time for them to have lined up a shot on my cockpit. The first time, I had no idea who even did it. I was just all of the sudden dead. I didn't even get a "blowing up and falling" animation. The second time, I was one shotted and the damage showed to my center torso. So, the person that did it, one shot me in the center torso when I had full armor. I had yet to be hit and, we had just engaged the enemy mechs. It couldn't have even been freindly fire damage on the way up as I have been playing sniper support. So, I was in the rear of the pack with no one behind me.

#37 neviu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Quad ppc mech in you face?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users