Just Got Killed In One Shot @ 100%

v1.0.150

36 replies to this topic

#1 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Playing on river city map, at 100% armor alongside my friend. Me, hiim, and some other dude were at full armor and out of nowhere we die at the same instance from nothing. What gives?

#2 ArkS

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

more details plz? all 3 of you died at same time?

#3 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Yes we were just moving to the left down the streets and we all die at the same time resulting in a defeat... Those are the only details I can give really, I am at a loss for words.

#4 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Could have been a few mechs with Gauss and good aim for head shots, ERPPCs or PPCs can do the same (enough of them), AC/20s (multiple) if close enough. But the details provided are lacking.

#5 Ozrick

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSothern California

I had a simular experiance on frozen city but I had took some minor damage the all of a sudden I lost my right torso and arm in one shot and killed me due to XL engine damage.

#6 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Did anyone on the enemy team have credit for the kills? if so that was your culprit if not, theres obviously a new bug.

#7 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Could have been a few mechs with Gauss and good aim for head shots, ERPPCs or PPCs can do the same (enough of them), AC/20s (multiple) if close enough. But the details provided are lacking.

Lacking? That's all the info I have. Like I said, we were all at full armor, all 3 of us, then at the same instance we said WTF? because we died, from nothing...

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Did anyone on the enemy team have credit for the kills? if so that was your culprit if not, theres obviously a new bug.

I can't remember. But if there is a new weapon that can insta-kill someone please let me know so I can avoid them like the plague. This is the first time ever that I've been at full and been insta-killed in a single 'shot'

#8 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostGanglarToronto, on 21 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Lacking? That's all the info I have. Like I said, we were all at full armor, all 3 of us, then at the same instance we said WTF? because we died, from nothing...

I can't remember. But if there is a new weapon that can insta-kill someone please let me know so I can avoid them like the plague. This is the first time ever that I've been at full and been insta-killed in a single 'shot'

The lacking part I mean, did anyone get to target and pull up any information. 3 of you dying at once isn't much to go on. I apologize.

#9 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 21 November 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

The lacking part I mean, did anyone get to target and pull up any information. 3 of you dying at once isn't much to go on. I apologize.

I know it sounds ridiculous but that was my initial reaction from dying out of nowhere. Its the first time I've seen something this ridiculous. Just played 2 other matches and they went just fine.

#10 Pershaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I've noticed alot of lag, warping of late, players not taking damage, missiles start to lock but never gets the "red lock" no matter how long you keep crosshair on mechs. I suspect one loose connection to server or it is overloaded, or not in sync, and not sending updates, but some players are still able to play normally, and might have got a killshot on you, but you're still moving around looking for enemies on your client, then when the server syncs suddenly you've lost a torso, or a leg, or you're dead.

#11 Blaank

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

I died 3 times from full health to instantly dead. I was in combat all 3 times. Contact with enemy and I see a flash and keel over dead. I assumed it was a double AC20 headshot the first time but it seems it's not that.

#12 Korwinthale

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Last night in my cataphract I spontaneously exploded.. Arm then right torso then center torso ... Armor was completely undamaged and I wasnt doing anything but walking next to my buddy. Wasn't even firing my weapons.

#13 Gunmage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostPershaw, on 21 November 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I suspect one loose connection to server or it is overloaded

This. Can anyone experiencing this bug post their ping or connection parameters?

#14 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostGunmage, on 21 November 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

This. Can anyone experiencing this bug post their ping or connection parameters?

I remember looking at the scoreboard and I had 49ms, in that area.

#15 Eviscerator

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostGanglarToronto, on 21 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Playing on river city map, at 100% armor alongside my friend. Me, hiim, and some other dude were at full armor and out of nowhere we die at the same instance from nothing. What gives?

Well, if you don't tell us what mech you were driving, that's not alot to go on. In an Atlas, that may be a problem.

In a bunch of light 'Mechs? Probably a combination of lag and some gauss-toting mechs

#16 Ceesa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBoston, USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

It's easy enough for a gausscat to one shot a light mech. If you were in a commando, I'd bet on that.

#17 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostEviscerator, on 21 November 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Well, if you don't tell us what mech you were driving, that's not alot to go on. In an Atlas, that may be a problem.

In a bunch of light 'Mechs? Probably a combination of lag and some gauss-toting mechs

Cata K2 with 2x ppc/med laser/ams

#18 steelblueskies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 396 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

and your damage paperdoll indicated non perfect armor where on your mech when you died? /what location was just gone?

head and rear ct on a cat are potentially frungible in a single alpha. if it was another location however...

suppose its worth asking(erring on the side of this being a non troll) what yur compatriots were riding as well.

#19 Quazil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

[delete]

Edited by Quazil, 21 November 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#20 GanglarToronto

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

View Poststeelblueskies, on 21 November 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

and your damage paperdoll indicated non perfect armor where on your mech when you died? /what location was just gone?

head and rear ct on a cat are potentially frungible in a single alpha. if it was another location however...

suppose its worth asking(erring on the side of this being a non troll) what yur compatriots were riding as well.

It was on the left road out of the spawn on the river city, the higher up spawn near the mountains. Literally 1 minute into the game. Full armor, not been shot once. I have my armor maxed out with firro fibrous. My friends in skype were rolling with the current trial atlas and cicada.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users