Hey Devs

10 replies to this topic

#1 EvilBenspants

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I have a suggestion for you. Quit adding new stuff and focus on fixing the currently broken stuff in the game. At the moment, half of Europe (and probably more) find this game completely unplayable due to the god awful fps problems. We don't want new mechs, skins or game modes, we just want to be able to actually play the game at a half decent rate of fps. Since open beta launched, each patch has lowered fps performance, and just from reading the forums for a few hours I can see that I am not alone on this subject. A lot of people have stopped playing because of this problem and I will be joining them. Hunt the devs event was a good idea, but try sending a few of your devs to the UK, or Sweden, or Germany, and see how successful they are at playing the game then. Many people were pissed off that the hunt was in a US timezone only and resulted in a 3-4 am gaming session. It's your native timezone, fair enough. But that combined with the fact that half of us euro players are currently getting only 10-15 fps in combat makes us think that you don't really give a damn about us euro players and are only interested in keeping the american crowd happy. If this is really true then this game is already doomed. I love this game, and think that you guys have done a great job putting it together. I logged in an hour ago, saw there was a mini patch and thought "oooo maybe i can actually play. Maybe they have fixed the fps problems." But no, it was (i'm told) a bug fix for ac5, and the fps was still HORRID. So, in summary, my suggestion is that you fix the existing problems with this game before everyone outside of the USA gets sick of you and stops supporting you. Thanks

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

There are quite a few threads suggesting that much of the fps issue as well as the reason for not appearing to be working on it is because they are converting the entire engine over to direct x 11 - once that is sorted out hopefully most of the frame rates will be, but if not they should be faster in patching it for the version they are planning the release on.

It's beta, first month of open at that. Take a break and come back sometime next month and see how far they have or haven't gotten.

#3 EvilBenspants

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

it's Open beta, these issues have existed since closed beta began, pretty much, and just keep getting worse. It's a fundamental basic of the game that people be able to actually run it to some degree of decent quality. I personally don't believe this is due to a dx11 conversion, as surely such a conversion would throw off the whole beta testing process? but regardless of the reason, it would be nice to see improvements, even gradual ones, rather than a constant decline in quality. And it would also be nice to see some official word from the devs on this. Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to be a spoiled child with a now now now attitude, i just think that fps improvements for their customers as a whole should be No.1 priority

#4 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I can't comment on the decline many speak of, because the issues that have cropped up for me are occasional and minor. Being such I can only speak to my experience which on the whole has been really good, minus a bout of bad matchmaking for a few nights.

I however do believe that the switch to dx11 will make things quite a bit smoother for everyone graphically at least. The netcode might take some work before they have that super stable, but give some time they've put a lot on their plates - probably a fair bit more than they could chew in the few mouthful of updates they predicted.

Things like that happen, it's part of developing a new ip.

#5 EvilBenspants

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

agreed.

#6 Hetfeng321

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

You are preaching to the choir.

Look at this: http://mwomercs.com/...ping-this-game/

#7 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Do they not have enter keys in europe either?

What has your geo location got to do with FPS?

What do you base your "half us euro players are getting 10-15fps " comment on?

You arent trying to be a spoiled child with a now now now attitude and yet you succeed admirably!

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

It's the euro power plugs! ;P

frame stealing wall sockets of doom. lol

He's got some of the frame rate issue tweaked up now, some may be due to lag, but he was operating pretty well when we dropped in together earlier. Hopefully problem mostly solved.

Edited by sycocys, 22 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#9 Tompaboy

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

I'd rather live with the problems for now and have the dev's concentrate on delivering the DX11 version
than wasting time fixing glitches here and there in this version.

Roll out some new maps though.

#10 EvilBenspants

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

ok, what am i basing my opinion on? reading through the forums and seeing player after player say "I live in Germany, uk, neitherlands etc", that's what. As for a now now now attitude, how is me pointing out that the game performance has generally gotten progressively worse since closed beta began having a now now now attitude? It's not glitches "here and there", it's constant glitches. Go read the feedback forums and count how many players are still getting random client shutdowns, black screen problems, bad fps problems etc. These aren't occasional problems that have sprouted up recently, they are constant problems that a lot of people have been suffering with since beta testing began. Yes we have enter keys, but i'm not trying to fill page after page with blank space. If you have problems reading anything other than a few sentences at a time, too bad for you. As for my geo location, I simply added it for the Dev's own info, and because my point was that a lot of the posts I have read about poor fps are from euro players like myself, so maybe you are wrong and it does have something to do with the problem. I don't know, i'm no expert. I was just trying to give the Dev's as much info to work with as possible. I have made some graphics card tweaks as Sycocys said, and have managed to even out my framerate a little. It is still awful, but I have managed to make the framerate drops a little smoother, and I compensate well for it in game

#11 EvilBenspants

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hetfeng321, thanks for posting that, I hadn't actually seen that particular post before, and it is a very good one. To Jadel Blade, seems to me you are just here to try and have a go at me. Don't bother, it's not constructive and helps no one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users