New Cataphract Head Hitbox

12 replies to this topic

#1 MourningZero

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Is there one? I've been headhunting lately with a dual AC20 K2, and the Cataphract is probably the only mech that I've not been able to pull off a pilot assassination against. I'm ok with shooting the Atlas eye, so I guess I just don't know which glass panel to aim for on the giant observation deck that is the Cataphract cockpit. Does anyone have an idea what the head hitbox is post the "aimed at foot, hit cockpit" hotfix?

#2 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

im very curious 2, i just alpha into the orange glass and hit ct, then i srm the whole upper ct and nothing hit the head.

#3 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I have headshot more then 1 cataphract since the last patch. It is not that hard if using a single arm weapons. Now I fave found guass cats and ac20 cats if aimed right at the head hit just to each side of it as it splits your rounds to the cross air. If you shoot just a hair to one side one of them will hit cockpit and the other CT. The cataphracts cockpit is the center pain of the glass not the rest. Hope this helps. Te atlas is still the hardest mech to headshot in my opinion.

#4 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

If you go into the mech lab, and click around on the CTF's head until it actually selects the head, that's the spot.

It's basically on the middle 1/3d of the very middle pane of glass on the cockpit. It's ridiculously tiny.

#5 MourningZero

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Clicking around on the model in mechlab is a great tip. Thanks!

#6 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Could someone post an image showing the cockpit hitbox for Cataphract for us who don't have the mech to check it in mechlab? I wouldn't want to use CB to buy one just to get to see the head hitbox B)

#7 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

#8 Sky walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

:P I'm quite sure there's next to none chances hitting that thing, and roughly every other Mech in entire game has bigger head hitbox.

The Mech with one of the largest heads in MWO has one of the smallest head hitboxes.
AMAZING
that thing is.

#9 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostSky walker, on 15 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

:P I'm quite sure there's next to none chances hitting that thing, and roughly every other Mech in entire game has bigger head hitbox.

The Mech with one of the largest heads in MWO has one of the smallest head hitboxes.
AMAZING
that thing is.

I have no problem with it if true. They are easy to kill for my atlas based on their blocky easy to hit torso/head. They don't need to be any easier.

#10 Sky walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Sure, so perhaps remove head hitbox all together. What's the point of it if all of the Mechs are quite easy to kill with Atlas?

#11 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

TBH it just means that the mech takes more CT damage than most, since those 18 points of head armor don't take stray damage very often.

#12 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 15 December 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

TBH it just means that the mech takes more CT damage than most, since those 18 points of head armor don't take stray damage very often.

This is true, I used to use the Cicada's headbox as additional CT armor, allowing me to beef up my RT. I could always count on the the giant headbox to snag a few stray damage points, but as long as I kept moving, odds are it wouldnt be catastrophic, unless it was large AC impacts.

#13 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 14 December 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users