Help With An Issue!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kadassa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hey guys I recently bought a new computer specifically to play MWO seeing as my Laptop couldn't handle it. And probably gona get alot of greif for this but Its an Ibuypower, I've had good luck with them in the past last computer lasted 5 years with heavy use before PSU went. Anyway this new rig was purchased on the first and about a week later the video card dies the fan quit working and it overheats when you play games its a evga geforce 560 GTX 2gb video card to make shure that it actually is the gpu I took the one out of my old rig. and anciend Radeon 5760 1gb and it runs the game fine on max settings but after a few matches it does the same thing. restarts the whole computer. I'm gona test the PSU tomorrow to make shure its putting out the voltage its supposed to and yes I've tried customer support with IBP but there useless they want me to mail the videocard back to them and then they'll send me another one...was kinda miffed that the 560gti was a refurbished one anyway any suggestions would be helpful!

#2 Nikko Cortez

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hey Kadassa! Sorry to hear about your issues with your EVGA card. I have dealt with EVGA for the past five years and they are one of the best in customer service. Go to their site (www.evga.com) and set up an account and register your card by its serial and start an RMA process. They are usually pretty good about RMAs and when you register the card they usually give you the option to prepay for cross shipping and such, which is optional but seeing you already need to rma just have a look at their shipping prices.

If you think it is the PSU would you list your full specs for your rig. I can see what I can do to help with the issue by narrowing down the possible issues based on the hardware. Been building computers for several years and I'm willing to help out.

Hope everything works out for ya!

Nikko Cortez [TC]

Edited by Nikko Cortez, 21 November 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#3 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

I'm confused. . how is tech support "useless". . what are they supposed to do, crawl through the phone and hand you a replacement card right this second?

It's "your" money though. . if you don't want to give the seller the chance to fix the situation, I fail to see the point of the thread.

HOWEVER

if you can scrape up the cash you could always buy another 560GTX and throw it in and see if it has the same problem in regards to shutting down/restarting. At that point the problem is somewhere else in the system, at which point tech support will PROBABLY have you send in the entire machine. You can either return the new 560 to the place you bought it, or keep to run in SLI.

In all fairness though, it sounds like hardware failure SOMEWHERE, which means replacing parts. Expecting a company to send you replacement parts without verifying the old ones are bad, however, is extremely niave'

After all, just because YOU say your gfx card is dead, doesn't mean you're lying in order to get a free 2nd card. . and they're not exactly as cheap as bubble gum. . .

Edited by Sen, 22 November 2012 - 06:24 AM.

#4 Kadassa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

General Spec
Brand iBUYPOWER Model Gamer EXTREME 599D3 Type Gaming & Entertainment Processor AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz Processor Main Features 64 bit Six-Core Processor Cache Per Processor 8MB L3 Cache Memory 8GB DDR3 1333 Hard Drive 1TB SATA II Optical Drive 1 24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 2GB Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet Power Supply 500Watt True Power Supply Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Special Features AZZA Solaris Mid Tower Case
Motherboard
Motherboard Name GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2
CPU
CPU Type AMD FX-Series CPU Speed FX-6100(3.3GHz) L2 Cache Per CPU 6MB L3 Cache Per CPU 8MB CPU Socket Type AM3+ CPU Main Features 64 bit Six-Core Processor
Graphics
GPU/VPU Type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB
Memory
Memory Capacity 8GB DDR3 Memory Speed DDR3 1333 Memory Spec 4GB x 2 Memory Slot (Total) 2 Memory Slot (Available) 0 Maximum Memory Supported 8GB
Hard Drive
HDD Capacity 1TB HDD Interface SATA II
Optical Drive
Optical Drive Type 24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
Communications
LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
Front Panel Ports
Front USB 2 x USB 2.0 Front Audio Ports 1
Back Panel Ports
PS/2 2 Video Ports 1 VGA Rear USB 4 x USB 2.0 RJ45 1 port Rear Audio Ports 3 ports
Expansion
External Bays 4 x External 5.25" drive bays
1 x External 3.5" drive bays Internal Bays 4 x Internal 3.5" drive bay PCI Slots (Available/Total) 1 x PCI-Express x16 slot, running at x16
1 x PCI SLOT

Thats the specs from the add for the computer. Now what I mean by having issues with Customer support. Newegg says call Ibuypower for warranty and Ibuypower sends me back to newegg finally IBP said they would RMA and said they'd send me the address to ship it too...which is what I'm waiting on now...gotta know where to ship it. I did swap the video card out for a different one I had hanging around and now it runs fine even though I forgot to turn down the graphics setting and I had one crash last night cus the old card can't handle it at max settings

#5 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Check your GPU temperatures, that could be one of many underlying issues.

Personally, I use EVGA Precision specifically to monitor my GPU temps.

#6 Kadassa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thats what was wrong with the Nvidia card the fan had died in it and it would bring the GPU up around 95C then shut down. I got an anciend Radeon card in it right now and it runs fine on medium settings

#7 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Ahhhh. . you bought ibuypower through newegg, not through ibuypower themselves. yea. . THAT Would be a pain in the buns. .

no snark there either, I know full well how two companies will try to pass the buck back and forth

Edited by Sen, 22 November 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#8 Kadassa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yup tried going to Nvidia directly and they said that if the vid card came pre installed in a computer that the company that build the computer has to do the RMA so just troubleshooting it myself and buying a new one is worth it when it comes to dealing with the headache

#9 Nikko Cortez

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried the EVGA tech support? Not sure how they would work with a pre-built but if you haven't tried EVGA I would since they are great at CS from what I have dealt with.

If you would look at the card model number. If there is an RX at the end that means it is a refurbished card which EVGA (i think) will support for a year with warranty. Look at the last two digits of the model number and it will tell the tail if it is a refurb (Usually alpha numeric like K1, K2, A1,A2, RX ect..)

Edited by Nikko Cortez, 22 November 2012 - 07:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users